Screen Protector summary: Spigen Flex, IQ Shield, Illumishield, Xtreme Guard

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
A quick summary here for anyone looking to order a screen protector before your phone arrives. I pre-ordered and have received four.

IQ Shield

Wet application. Amazon is FULL of fake (free product) reviews. Actual reviews from the S7 Edge indicate problems with installation, bubbles after it dries, and that it will tear easier than other screen protectors. Is wide enough to reach around the curves of the note 7 screen.

Spigen Flex

Dry application. Is not wide enough to reach all the way to the edges of the note 7 screen. No reviews from previous phones as it looks like the Spigen Flex used to be a wet application product.

Ilumishield

Dry application. I actually laughed when I opened it because not even wide enough to cover the flat area of the Note 7. After I received mine they took down the listing on amazon.

Xtreme Guard TGSP

Dry application tempered glass. Super cheap, but flat, not wide enough to reach edges of Note 7.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've tried the IQ Shield since the Note 5 (and yes, I've used it on the S7 Edge on three phones now; mine and two friends'). I can totally say they're NOT hard to install, there are no bubbles, the edges don't lift even with tight cases, and you can barely tell it's there. It's even catching a lot less dust around the edges than the ones I've tried before. They didn't pay me for it (I wish they had! haha) or give me anything for free or at a discount.

They do have a video showing a blow dryer to help with the curves, but I didn't need that on all three. Just wet (REALLY wet) the film and screen, apply, squeegee water out, flatten and hold edges, let dry. Done. I had maybe one bubble on one of the phones after that and it came right out with the squeegee thingy.

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have always been a fan of the Spigen I had them on my Note 10 and my S4 but I am wondering how well they will do with the curved edges on this phone.

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I've tried the IQ Shield since the Note 5 (and yes, I've used it on the S7 Edge on three phones now; mine and two friends'). I can totally say they're NOT hard to install, there are no bubbles, the edges don't lift even with tight cases, and you can barely tell it's there. It's even catching a lot less dust around the edges than the ones I've tried before. They didn't pay me for it (I wish they had! haha) or give me anything for free or at a discount.

They do have a video showing a blow dryer to help with the curves, but I didn't need that on all three. Just wet (REALLY wet) the film and screen, apply, squeegee water out, flatten and hold edges, let dry. Done. I had maybe one bubble on one of the phones after that and it came right out with the squeegee thingy.
Iq shield is extremely easy to install with the spray stuff. I like iq shield for my S7 edge. Does not peel either.
I have always been a fan of the Spigen I had them on my Note 10 and my S4 but I am wondering how well they will do with the curved edges on this phone.
Spigen has always been great until the S7 edge. It scratches like crazy and very easy. I switched to iq shield.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
See? I don't know about the bad reviews for the IQ Shield one but I'm guessing they didn't follow the instructions very well.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
See? I don't know about the bad reviews for the IQ Shield one but I'm guessing they didn't follow the instructions very well.
Very likely. Amazon has an audience with a wide variety of common sense and intelligence.

I shield is the one I'll be installing first on my note 7.