08-28-2016 06:09 PM
88 1234
tools
    Skinomi has a new case friendly version. What a surprise, 63 fake 5 star reviews. Going to have to vote all of those "unhelpful".

https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Ski...cUvbUpU5346343

However I'm going to order it and see how they work.
    Great... After I order the normal full coverage matte version they offer a case-friendly model.
    08-19-2016 03:40 PM
    You need either a case that doesn't go up to the edge of the glass or a protector that doesn't go all the way down the curve. Either way you'll end up with a portion 'unprotected'. These are tighter curves than the ones on the S7 Edge, so it's gonna be harder to find a good balance, but yeah, it's both accessories' fault. If you like the protector, you'll have to find a case that works with it. From review's I've seen from other protectors, however, I'd say you're better off keeping this one and finding a case.

I was able to avoid mine peeling up with this, maybe it'll help:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...k-out-tip.html
    Yeah thanks for the info. I ordered a slickwrap helmitca skin for the back. Honestly, I like the feel of this phone so much I may just do the screen protector and the wrap.
    08-19-2016 04:14 PM
    I bought the Zagg today at Best Buy and so far I hate it. Picks up all the oil from my fingers every time I use it. So the screen constantly has a haze on it. Annoying. Also started pulling up when I put a minimal case on it.

Same here. Also when I pulled the plastic off the protector came up a little too. Got too many bubbles under it. Can't get them out. When I put it in the case the edges all came up. Now it has lint under the edges. I ended up pulling it off. Waste of 30 bucks!
    08-19-2016 04:18 PM
    Anyone try the supcase beetle pro with the iq shield yet? The supcase has the hard plastic go on from the from of the phone then the phone goes inside the back of the case. Maybe this will prevent the screen cover from lifting.
    08-19-2016 09:55 PM
    Purchase a Zagg at Best Buy today and number one the corners were lifting as soon as I put the case on and number two I didn't like how the protector made everything sensitive but in a bad way but took it off right away wouldn't recommend
    08-19-2016 11:51 PM
    I have the iq shield with the unicorn beetle pro and it works perfect, because the hard plastic front of the case snaps on the phone first. Holding the screen cover in place while you put it in yhe back of the case. Not sure it will come off with the same results though.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    08-20-2016 07:30 AM
    Has anyone tried the skinomi brand screen protectors?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2016 08:35 AM

I ordered https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5348655. It'll arrive today. I'll install it tomorrow and will report back. Now that people actually have their Note 7's, the reviews aren't looking pretty. I think I may ditch matte screen protectors forever and get a tempered glass one, or have someone at a mall kiosk install something for me.
    08-20-2016 08:40 AM

I ordered the case friendly version that just came out. No prime shipping though so not sure exactly when it will arrive.
    08-20-2016 09:35 AM
    I ordered the case friendly version that just came out. No prime shipping though so not sure exactly when it will arrive.
    I ordered the same one and it arrives today. Ill let you all know how it works out.

08-20-2016 09:38 AM
    Hope it's the same quality though. I can only vouch for the IQ Shield one.
    Does it peel when you put on a case? I also noticed they have a Case Friendly version now, but does anyone know if the corners are cut out like the one they made for the S7?
    08-20-2016 09:48 AM
    I ordered the same one and it arrives today. Ill let you all know how it works out.

Are the corners cut out on the case friendly version for the Skinomi?
    08-20-2016 09:48 AM
    Are the corners cut out on the case friendly version for the Skinomi?
    Not sure yet. I cant tell from the pictures. Ill be getting it in a few hours so ill be sure to post pictures.

08-20-2016 09:49 AM
    Skinomi has a new case friendly version. What a surprise, 63 fake 5 star reviews. Going to have to vote all of those "unhelpful".

https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Ski...cUvbUpU5348992

However I'm going to order it and see how they work.
    Save yourself the time , its crap. No case and edges still lift. So Damn frustrating. I hate to even look at my new phone right now , but scared to leave it unprotected
    08-20-2016 10:23 AM

Yes...I have one on my S7. I don't like it at all, you can have it. It's a typical film skin, stick, rubbery, orange peel. On the plus I have the case friendly version and it stays down, no lifting of the edges. Bubbles/imperfections mostly went away the next day, totally after a week.

My opinion is based on comparison to a tempered glass standard which we can't use on S7s. It will NOT give you a feel like that so if that's your comparison benchmark then look elsewhere.
    08-20-2016 10:29 AM
    When writing on the the wet application protectors with the S-pen does it leave impressions in the plastic?
    08-20-2016 11:51 AM
    When writing on the the wet application protectors with the S-pen does it leave impressions in the plastic?
    Absolutely nothing on the iq shield.
    08-20-2016 12:10 PM
    Absolutely nothing on the iq shield.
    Any issues with the edges? My skinomi is a joke.
    08-20-2016 12:25 PM
    I bought a yootech wet screen protector. Absolutely no orange peel effect which is awesome but I can't seem to keep the edges down and it's been over 24 hours.... and my very minimal case is lifting the protector. So frustrated.

Has anyone tried the zagg? The last zagg I used had terrible orange peel effect. I'm very scared to go naked on the screen....
    08-20-2016 01:08 PM
    Always been successful with protectors. Not with the Note 7 so far. I just applied two, a Pleason and an Xtreme Guard. Both suck big time - for different reasons.

I looked on Amazon, and it appears that all N7 protectors that I want (full coverage, clear) have horrible ratings. I might buy the IQShield based on our forum member feedback - but it's not rated well.

What's the deal??
    08-20-2016 04:00 PM
    Any issues with the edges? My skinomi is a joke.
    Its a pain. Installation took about 30 minutes. 20 of that was holding down the edges.

Here's the trick:

Install like normal, squeegee out the extra water. Now that the flat part looks good the edges will be too moist to stick. Step away for 5 minutes. Come back and try holding part of the edge to the screen with your palm for 10 seconds. Does it stick? If so continue to work your way around the phone, holding 4-5" at a time down with your palm for 10-30 seconds. If it pops up right away it's too moist, step away for another 5 minutes and try again.

Even once it starts sticking it'll probably still pop up in a few trouble areas. Come back to those last. Figure you'll need to give those a final push down with your thumb/fingers about 30-45 minutes after you originally installed the protector. Then leave it alone overnight.

FYI the second you put a case on it'll push up the edges. I eventually got all my edges tucked under the case using my insurance card (thin cheap plastic thinner than a credit card but thicker than a business card). I'm using the caseology parallax right now.
    08-20-2016 04:43 PM
    So I spoke too soon on the iq shield with beetle pro. After a few hours at work it started peeling up on the edges. Heading to the sprint store now for something different.
    08-20-2016 05:03 PM
    Purchase a Zagg at Best Buy today and number one the corners were lifting as soon as I put the case on and number two I didn't like how the protector made everything sensitive but in a bad way but took it off right away wouldn't recommend
    I got the zagg too and the corners are irritating me but nothing is extra sensitive for me... I just do not want scratches on my screen so this is a necessary evil.
    08-20-2016 06:55 PM
    So, just checking in...

Is there a single film protector that more than one person can verify actually works? No bubbles, edges stay down, can be used with a case. I don't think I am asking for too much!

I've got the two crappiest protectors on the market now. Need something good.
    08-21-2016 10:55 AM
    So, just checking in...

Is there a single film protector that more than one person can verify actually works? No bubbles, edges stay down, can be used with a case. I don't think I am asking for too much!

I've got the two crappiest protectors on the market now. Need something good.
    I don't anything out there works great right now. But several companies have said they are updating their product to work better. The situation will probably improve in a few weeks.
    08-21-2016 10:59 AM
88 1234