08-28-2016 06:09 PM
88 1234
tools
    Here's hoping!
    08-21-2016 12:21 PM
    Anyone try the supcase beetle pro with the iq shield yet? The supcase has the hard plastic go on from the from of the phone then the phone goes inside the back of the case. Maybe this will prevent the screen cover from lifting.
    I have the Supcase Unicorn Beetle with the front and back piece, and it seems to hold the film protector in place on the edges. The only time I had lifting was when I put it in the holster, it somehow lifted the edge of the protector. I fixed it and it hasn't lifted again. I didn't use IQ shield (mine arrived damaged), but I used a G Color film protector.
    08-21-2016 03:37 PM
    I had the same experience with the supcase. Worked great until I put it in the holster. Then the screen cover started peeling.
    08-21-2016 03:41 PM
    In the process of installing the Skinomi matte full coverage screen protector. It's going surprisingly well, though the curved portions take some extra time so that they stay down (which they are). My fear, which came true, was that the screen protector is one of those "mushy" ones that can easily be indented with something like your fingernail. Though, I think the few markings that I already [accidentally] put onto it are healing themselves.

Here are a few photos. Will let it cure for a while before putting my CandyShell Grip onto it.

08-21-2016 07:27 PM
    Skinomi has a new case friendly version. What a surprise, 63 fake 5 star reviews. Going to have to vote all of those "unhelpful".

https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Ski...cUvbUpU5354362

However I'm going to order it and see how they work.
    My just arrived today. The edge/side doesn't stick and not case friendly. The corner pilled off.

Not sure why companies haven't learned anything from s7 edge.
    Does it peel when you put on a case? I also noticed they have a Case Friendly version now, but does anyone know if the corners are cut out like the one they made for the S7?
    When I tried skinomi on a previous phone it left a greasy looking residue between the screen protector and phone that didn't go away, even though I wiped the phone clean and never touched the screen side of the protector. So I ended up taking it off after a few days and throwing it away.

Anyone else ever experience that with wet application protectors?
    You need either a case that doesn't go up to the edge of the glass or a protector that doesn't go all the way down the curve. Either way you'll end up with a portion 'unprotected'. These are tighter curves than the ones on the S7 Edge, so it's gonna be harder to find a good balance, but yeah, it's both accessories' fault. If you like the protector, you'll have to find a case that works with it. From review's I've seen from other protectors, however, I'd say you're better off keeping this one and finding a case.

I was able to avoid mine peeling up with this, maybe it'll help:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...k-out-tip.html
    08-22-2016 04:31 AM
    In the process of installing the Skinomi matte full coverage screen protector. It's going surprisingly well, though the curved portions take some extra time so that they stay down (which they are). My fear, which came true, was that the screen protector is one of those "mushy" ones that can easily be indented with something like your fingernail. Though, I think the few markings that I already [accidentally] put onto it are healing themselves.

Here are a few photos. Will let it cure for a while before putting my CandyShell Grip onto it.
    http://i.imgur.com/BMbdWAF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vAKvS34.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D1080ci.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bRWFOwi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xZlsIx2.jpg
    Good news: Everything is perfect, except for alignment. The home button cutout was slightly aligned higher than it should so that the cutouts at the top would be perfectly aligned. Still, everything is pretty damn nice. It even works perfectly with my CandyShell Grip without any lifting.

However, the Skinomi matte film does appear to distort light more than other matte screen protector's I've used, so clarity isn't quite as good.
    08-22-2016 07:10 AM
    I installed the IQ shield on my Note 7. I can't get the corners and some of the edge to stay down. It's been over 14 hours since install. I tried to put a Spigen case on and it caused the corners to come up again. On to the next protector.....
    let us know if u find one
    08-22-2016 02:02 PM
    let us know if u find one
    Scroll up to see my posts...
    michellebjohn likes this.
    08-22-2016 02:04 PM
    Scroll up to see my posts...
    Yes but none you describe sound good. A bad fit is unsatisfactory.

Are the Zaggs that the booth in the mall the same junk I bought at VZW? I need help. I can never put these things on.
    08-22-2016 02:10 PM
    Yes but none you describe sound good. A bad fit is unsatisfactory.
    The fit is perfect. It's cut to size perfectly. One of the cutouts were just off a tad. Nothing noticeable during use.
    08-22-2016 02:15 PM
    The fit is perfect. It's cut to size perfectly. One of the cutouts were just off a tad. Nothing noticeable during use.
    You also said not very clear right? Well check back in a few if you get the chance to let us know if edges remain in place. Thanks!
    08-22-2016 02:18 PM
    You also said not very clear right? Well check back in a few if you get the chance to let us know if edges remain in place. Thanks!
    It's not clear because it's the matte / anti-glare / anti-fingerprint model. I imagine their clear version is just that -- clear. All of the edges appear to be down still.
    08-22-2016 02:21 PM
    It's not clear because it's the matte / anti-glare / anti-fingerprint model. I imagine their clear version is just that -- clear. All of the edges appear to be down still.
    That's the key.. along with unhampered screen sensitivity. My screen kind of sucks even bare. I often have to tap a thing twice for it to read.
    08-22-2016 02:24 PM
    You should write an Amazon review so I can vote it as "not helpful".
    LOL

Posted via my awesome N4
    08-22-2016 03:06 PM
    Yeah - some good points above - You'd think that the manufacturers of the N7 protectors would have learned something from the S7.

So, if I have it right, no one has found a clear, full coverage, film protector for the N7 that "works". And that more than one person agrees to that fact.

Sucks.

Will take time I guess.

I have a crappy protector on now, and have one on the way that has not been reported in this thread. I'll report back when I get it.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-22-2016 06:26 PM
    Well my yootech wet screen protector was fine, but the edges keep peeling and not where the case is hitting it, its along the sides... it now has dust under it and wont stay down... im afraid to go naked... has anyone tried Clear Coat??
    08-23-2016 10:01 AM
    So, just checking in...

Is there a single film protector that more than one person can verify actually works? No bubbles, edges stay down, can be used with a case. I don't think I am asking for too much!

I've got the two crappiest protectors on the market now. Need something good.
    Bestskinsever worked great for the s7 edge. They have it on preorder atm.
    08-23-2016 11:42 AM
    Bestskinsever worked great for the s7 edge. They have it on preorder atm.
    I'll look into this.
    Thanks!
    08-24-2016 10:46 AM
    I have the IQ Shield LIQuid Shield Full Body Skin on mine. Having issues with the screen protector. One of the edges is peeling off. But everything else looks good. Might try a different brand for the screen protector or order another one and try it again.

08-25-2016 07:19 AM
    I received the Illumi AquaShield wet-apply film protector yesterday. Will install tomorrow and report back.

Interestingly, this brand actually has good ratings. Most other brands - even the good brands - have terrible reviews.

Hoping this does the trick.

I've got a TPU film protector on now from Pleson. The issue with bubbles resolved itself over the past few days. But still, the orange-peel surface looks terrible, since it's TPU it's tacky and virtually unusable with the stylus, and the edges won't stay down. I've discarded the XtremeGuard protectors already. They covered 80% of the screen, making it impossible to write or swipe over the edges of the protector.
    08-25-2016 08:18 AM
    I finally gave up and got the two-piece unicorn beetle pro. Holds down the screen protector and makes me feel a little better about when my toddler is running around the house with my phone.

Wet-Install Screen Protectors - How Do They Feel?-img_20160825_110353.jpgWet-Install Screen Protectors - How Do They Feel?-img_20160825_110410.jpg
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    08-25-2016 10:08 AM
    How does the Skinomi do with your spigen cast?

I had the same issue as you with the IQ shield the sides lift every few days and if I try to fix them to much the corners start to come up which is not fun.

I had a skinomi on a tablet so I know they feel different how does the pen write on it with it being mushy?
    08-25-2016 10:10 AM
    You'll have to excuse my handwriting. It's also mushy enough to where you can see your writing on the screen protector, which self heals itself from smaller imprints like these.

As much as I like matte screen protectors, it seems like every good one for the Note 7 will be a wet install one like this. Therefore, it'll have to be thicker and has a mushy feeling to it. Because of this, I'll probably switch to a formed, tempered glass one eventually. I don't think we'll be seeing basic non-wet matte screen protectors for a long time, if ever.

08-26-2016 01:25 PM
    You'll have to excuse my handwriting. It's also mushy enough to where you can see your writing on the screen protector, which self heals itself from smaller imprints like these.

As much as I like matte screen protectors, it seems like every good one for the Note 7 will be a wet install one like this. Therefore, it'll have to be thicker and has a mushy feeling to it. Because of this, I'll probably switch to a formed, tempered glass one eventually. I don't think we'll be seeing basic non-wet matte screen protectors for a long time, if ever.

http://i.imgur.com/Moh9Mvq.jpg
    Bestskinsever has a matte screen protector version......
    08-26-2016 11:21 PM
    Bestskinsever has a matte screen protector version......
    A full coverage, non-wet install version?
    08-27-2016 06:23 AM
88 1234