Wet-Install Screen Protectors - How Do They Feel?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The fit is perfect. It's cut to size perfectly. One of the cutouts were just off a tad. Nothing noticeable during use.
You also said not very clear right? Well check back in a few if you get the chance to let us know if edges remain in place. Thanks!

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
You also said not very clear right? Well check back in a few if you get the chance to let us know if edges remain in place. Thanks!

It's not clear because it's the matte / anti-glare / anti-fingerprint model. I imagine their clear version is just that -- clear. All of the edges appear to be down still.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's not clear because it's the matte / anti-glare / anti-fingerprint model. I imagine their clear version is just that -- clear. All of the edges appear to be down still.
That's the key.. along with unhampered screen sensitivity. My screen kind of sucks even bare. I often have to tap a thing twice for it to read.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah - some good points above - You'd think that the manufacturers of the N7 protectors would have learned something from the S7.

So, if I have it right, no one has found a clear, full coverage, film protector for the N7 that "works". And that more than one person agrees to that fact.

Sucks.

Will take time I guess.

I have a crappy protector on now, and have one on the way that has not been reported in this thread. I'll report back when I get it.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Well my yootech wet screen protector was fine, but the edges keep peeling and not where the case is hitting it, its along the sides... it now has dust under it and wont stay down... im afraid to go naked... has anyone tried Clear Coat??

Faded03cobra198p

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
So, just checking in...

Is there a single film protector that more than one person can verify actually works? No bubbles, edges stay down, can be used with a case. I don't think I am asking for too much!

I've got the two crappiest protectors on the market now. Need something good.

Bestskinsever worked great for the s7 edge. They have it on preorder atm.

AhemThisGuy

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I have the IQ Shield LIQuid Shield Full Body Skin on mine. Having issues with the screen protector. One of the edges is peeling off. But everything else looks good. Might try a different brand for the screen protector or order another one and try it again.

699cba16bd7354d2e6175f7894601599.jpg

df299607f42b7f532532c5eb88356521.jpg

01942f1e01b519ad000a5b1b1bfe5fb0.jpg

45bd1a1d870d32dc73fe06dcce9d66d5.jpg

6450ce8207784ebb7f4d719ab4e3a396.jpg

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I received the Illumi AquaShield wet-apply film protector yesterday. Will install tomorrow and report back.

Interestingly, this brand actually has good ratings. Most other brands - even the good brands - have terrible reviews.

Hoping this does the trick.

I've got a TPU film protector on now from Pleson. The issue with bubbles resolved itself over the past few days. But still, the orange-peel surface looks terrible, since it's TPU it's tacky and virtually unusable with the stylus, and the edges won't stay down. I've discarded the XtremeGuard protectors already. They covered 80% of the screen, making it impossible to write or swipe over the edges of the protector.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I finally gave up and got the two-piece unicorn beetle pro. Holds down the screen protector and makes me feel a little better about when my toddler is running around the house with my phone.

IMG_20160825_110353.jpgIMG_20160825_110410.jpg

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The fit is perfect. It's cut to size perfectly. One of the cutouts were just off a tad. Nothing noticeable during use.

How does the Skinomi do with your spigen cast?

I had the same issue as you with the IQ shield the sides lift every few days and if I try to fix them to much the corners start to come up which is not fun.

I had a skinomi on a tablet so I know they feel different how does the pen write on it with it being mushy?

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
You'll have to excuse my handwriting. It's also mushy enough to where you can see your writing on the screen protector, which self heals itself from smaller imprints like these.

As much as I like matte screen protectors, it seems like every good one for the Note 7 will be a wet install one like this. Therefore, it'll have to be thicker and has a mushy feeling to it. Because of this, I'll probably switch to a formed, tempered glass one eventually. I don't think we'll be seeing basic non-wet matte screen protectors for a long time, if ever.

Moh9Mvq.jpg

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
You'll have to excuse my handwriting. It's also mushy enough to where you can see your writing on the screen protector, which self heals itself from smaller imprints like these.

As much as I like matte screen protectors, it seems like every good one for the Note 7 will be a wet install one like this. Therefore, it'll have to be thicker and has a mushy feeling to it. Because of this, I'll probably switch to a formed, tempered glass one eventually. I don't think we'll be seeing basic non-wet matte screen protectors for a long time, if ever.

http://i.imgur.com/Moh9Mvq.jpg
Bestskinsever has a matte screen protector version......

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
A full coverage, non-wet install version?

It is wet install, sorry.

Here is what they say:

About Our Matte Screen Film

Matte film provides low shine with a unique look that nearly eliminates smudges and screen glare. The trade off, however, is a reduction of the sharpness of the screen. See our blog post on Matte vs. Glossy Screen Protectors for more details.

Their blog : Best Skins Ever Screen Protectors: Matte vs. Glossy

http://www.bestskinsever.com/blog/best-skins-ever-screen-protectors-matte-vs-glossy/

Their Matte Case Fit to screen is : Our Case Fit screen option is designed slightly smaller than the standard screen version to allow clearance between the screen Skin and a hard case that overlaps the screen glass.

Here is a YouTube video for Matte done on the S4. It is full body coverage.

http://youtu.be/_jo3KqoNSp0

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
In the process of installing the Skinomi matte full coverage screen protector. It's going surprisingly well, though the curved portions take some extra time so that they stay down (which they are). My fear, which came true, was that the screen protector is one of those "mushy" ones that can easily be indented with something like your fingernail. Though, I think the few markings that I already [accidentally] put onto it are healing themselves.

Here are a few photos. Will let it cure for a while before putting my CandyShell Grip onto it.
http://i.imgur.com/BMbdWAF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vAKvS34.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D1080ci.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bRWFOwi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xZlsIx2.jpg

There's now some slight peeling in the corners and a few other areas. Skinomi said that you can carefully lift portions so that you can try and re-seat everything. A heat gun / blow dryer can also be used. I'll be trying this sometime.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It seems like everyone raves about his screen protector but after a few days comes back to say edges peel up especially if using a case. Maybe I'm just a skeptic.

Anybody have any luck with the Zagg they put on in mall kiosk? I can't do it myself and vzw zagg doesn't work.

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It seems like everyone raves about his screen protector but after a few days comes back to say edges peel up especially if using a case. Maybe I'm just a skeptic.

Anybody have any luck with the Zagg they put on in mall kiosk? I can't do it myself and vzw zagg doesn't work.
I had a Zagg HD put on at a mall kiosk and it was great with no bubbles and edge to edge coverage except for one side where it is lifting. My guess it as not perfectly centered on the phone. Since they had a warranty, I am going to go back and get a new one. They also have a policy where I can upgrade to the glass when it comes out and I pay the difference.

The feel is good despite the orange peel feel. The pen has a difference but it is fine for me.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had a Zagg HD put on at a mall kiosk and it was great with no bubbles and edge to edge coverage except for one side where it is lifting. My guess it as not perfectly centered on the phone. Since they had a warranty, I am going to go back and get a new one. They also have a policy where I can upgrade to the glass when it comes out and I pay the difference.

The feel is good despite the orange peel feel. The pen has a difference but it is fine for me.
Not encouraging though. I'm hoping for success stories more than good warranty although it is great that they will try again.