Gear IconX

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Question about ITE buds.

I have some LG TruTones that are in-the-ear. When I perspire (even a walk on a warm day), I can feel the moisture in my ear canal. Its bothersome to say the least.

Am I correct that the X's will do the same thing?

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I don't think you can stop that from happening with any bud but some buds are better at keeping sweat from your head from running into your ear. For me, that's usually when the buds slip out. The IconX seal out the sweat nicely which is probably why they stay in my ears. Samsung really nailed the fit on these.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The dash never fit me. The BT range was horrible and they were fussy to charge. They always drained while in the case. The Gear fit PERFECTLY at least in MY ear. I have a horrible time getting a good fit with earbuds for running but these babies work great. Battery is what it is. I usually run for an hour. Yesterday, I streamed and the battery drained about 50% . More than enough for my workout purposes which is all I will be using these for. I have noticed some battery drain while in the case after a few days. So you have to keep them charged. I wanted to like the Dash. They are sweet but they are still a work in progress.
Yeah, using the Dash outside is a terrible experience. I really want to like them too, especially since I spent 300 bucks on them.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a pair a couple days ago. They constantly disconnect. The left one (non-phone) more than the right.

Even when connected, my Audible app pauses often... to the point of uselessness. Listening to audio books is one of my main reasons for using these.

I have tried different hoops and ear gels. Nada.

I am probably going to have to return them. Its a shame... I really liked them when they worked.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I picked up a pair a couple days ago. They constantly disconnect. The left one (non-phone) more than the right.

Even when connected, my Audible app pauses often... to the point of uselessness. Listening to audio books is one of my main reasons for using these.

I have tried different hoops and ear gels. Nada.

I am probably going to have to return them. Its a shame... I really liked them when they worked.

Sounds like they are defective. Mine don't do that at all.

Chuck Young

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Put them in the charger and plug the charger in your computer. They should show up as a drive, go to "Tools" directory and install the Gear App. Use it or the Gear App on your phone to transfer music. Use the app to put your Icon x in stand alone mode too.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's compatible. Wishful thinking...on my part. I tried but didn't work.

But A-Bing the Bragi and Iconx.. I definitely say the Iconx is better sound quality. Not huge but noticeable. I'm not an audiphile so can't give the technical terms. But as a commoner, I prefer the Iconx over Bragi.

Last edited:

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung guy at best buy said the battery life is 4 hours continuous music. I guess he was mistaken.

From what I understand if you store a playlist on the earbuds themselves you get 3 or so hours but streaming with your phone will be about 1 1/2 hours.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I went in to Best Buy today to pick up a pair and they were sold out! I want to try these out in a bad way! I decided not to upgrade my Note 5 to a Note 7 so I think I at least deserve some new headphones. I have a pair of Jaybird Bluebud X headphones but the wire that goes between the left and right earbud drives me nuts.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
So I just got through pairing my Icon Xs with my wife's ipad and they worked just fine. Don't know what went wrong that they worked but her Icon Xs will show up tomorrow and she will be using them on her ipad.

That's awesome! I thought you had to use a special Samsung app to pair them. Now I won't feel guilty spending $200 on them because they will work with my iPads too. Thanks for the info!

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
mine paired too and connected but I couldn't hear anyting throught them? Is there a special thing you did? I noticed though with mine, I had to keep it paired to my phone (through the gear app) in order to pair with ipad, but still couldn't hear anything through the ipad.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know the standby battery drain? Mine seems not to have energy from one day to another...

I am wondering about this as well as I have seen a few reviews reporting this, like the headsets never stop charging when they are in the case. I just got mine today, so not sure yet, but I can tell you that after the headphones are fully charged in the LEDs turn green, they stay on for a little bit and then go off totally, so I am assuming that no further drain should be happening at that point. Others were indicating that the LED lights never seemed to go out, which is not normal operation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis