Note 7 S-View case

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I really like the S view case. I wish I hadn't gotten the blue, which I like but it shows some scuffs already. I do wonder if it would protect in a fall. I had a circle view case for my LG G3 that I totally loved because you could do everything through it and this isn't quite as functional, but I do like it. I also have a black leather folio case but I find when I use it I miss being able to see the AOD thtough the window and having to open it fully to answer the phone drives me nuts. I would give the Sview case a solid B. If I drop the phone, I may want to revise that, hopefully not.

dems86

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I really like the S view case. I wish I hadn't gotten the blue, which I like but it shows some scuffs already. I do wonder if it would protect in a fall. I had a circle view case for my LG G3 that I totally loved because you could do everything through it and this isn't quite as functional, but I do like it. I also have a black leather folio case but I find when I use it I miss being able to see the AOD thtough the window and having to open it fully to answer the phone drives me nuts. I would give the Sview case a solid B. If I drop the phone, I may want to revise that, hopefully not.
I am about to snag the S-View myself so I can use the stand at work and get a little extra protection pulling it in and out of my bag...does the blue look good with the Coral Blue, or should I just get the black (I see you mentioned having a few scuffs, but I'm more curious which would look better lol, unless the blue just scuffs incredibly easily)

Last edited:

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I am about to snag the S-View myself so I can use the stand at work and get a little extra protection pulling it in and out of my bag...does the blue look good with the Coral Blue, or should I just get the black (I see you mentioned having a few scuffs, but I'm more curious which would look better lol, unless the blue just scuffs incredibly easily)

A matter of preference maybe. I have the blue Note, as I did with the original recalled one. Love it! The blue S view case is a little more bright blue than I expected but I like it. I have a couple scuffs on it, nothing major, but I was thinking of the similar case I had for the LG, which was a kind of ivory color and was horrible at the end of 2 and half years, really dirty looking and very scuffed. This is darker, so may be fine. But you know, a lot of cases don't last that long. I did get a black leather folio as I said, but I don't really love the black. I know, I'm no help. I would totally go for the blue case again..

dems86

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
A matter of preference maybe. I have the blue Note, as I did with the original recalled one. Love it! The blue S view case is a little more bright blue than I expected but I like it. I have a couple scuffs on it, nothing major, but I was thinking of the similar case I had for the LG, which was a kind of ivory color and was horrible at the end of 2 and half years, really dirty looking and very scuffed. This is darker, so may be fine. But you know, a lot of cases don't last that long. I did get a black leather folio as I said, but I don't really love the black. I know, I'm no help. I would totally go for the blue case again..
Went ahead and snagged the blue from Amazon hehe, thanks ;)

dems86

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I just saw that the black one is on sale for under $28, so I grabbed it!
Yeah, the prices are pretty low right now, I managed to snag the blue for $24 before it jumped back up to 29 and then settled around 27-28 lol...good in grabbing the black one because it might be on the move up too (the prices changed literally every day I looked at them, don't remember prices changing so much for other items like that, but maybe I just never paid as much attention)

timmo

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for heads up on price! After all my crying earlier on this case I'm going back to it because it seems to be the best choice for now. And now I'm getting it almost half off from what I originally paid. For that price it's good enough for me to give it another go.

dems86

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for heads up on price! After all my crying earlier on this case I'm going back to it because it seems to be the best choice for now. And now I'm getting it almost half off from what I originally paid. For that price it's good enough for me to give it another go.
Yeah, that was my general thinking, for the price it's going for on Amazon it's definitely worth giving it a go

bigmo555

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Sigh, I just got it and I'm going to return it.

It won't stay closed, it keeps flapping open. I've heard from people that it gets better over time, but I'm not that patient.

The window is cool, though.

fabris40

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Does the glass window still attract finger prints like magnet? I had that case on my old Note 4 and the finger prints annoyed me a lot.

timmo

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Sigh, I just got it and I'm going to return it.

It won't stay closed, it keeps flapping open. I've heard from people that it gets better over time, but I'm not that patient.

The window is cool, though.
Yup...window refuses to stay down. Very annoying. From what I read, all flip cases like this will not stay closed (I read lots of reviews on flip cases). Seems to be because a magnet can't be used due to presence of S Pen (?)

timmo

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I re-ordered this case again because it seems to be the most functional out of all the available cases. I really wish they used the same material as the Note 4 case...that one was nice and the cover always stayed closed. I hate the rubbery feel of this case. But...I must choose my poison. The other annoying part is that the volume controls are not cut out on the side...very very awkward to change volume with this case closed. I would love it if Samsung makes a version 2 S View case...I highly doubt it though.

meridianknight

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Yup...window refuses to stay down. Very annoying. From what I read, all flip cases like this will not stay closed (I read lots of reviews on flip cases). Seems to be because a magnet can't be used due to presence of S Pen (?)

The clearview case has a magnet to keep the cover closed. I never understood why the sviews didn't.

bigmo555

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I have this cheap case from Amazon that has a magnet and works great! Magnetic closure and everything!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995