Verizon Curved Tempered Glass Screen Protector

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I just have this installed. So far things I notice.

- The screen can move if you slide it hard. Little click noise while typing.

- There's hola/rainbow affect if sunlight hit directly on the screen.

I'm going to try Zagg store and have them custom cut the corner and edge.
I have not noticed either

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
They installed it for free

Edges stick perfectly and no clicking. It's literally perfect
I went to Verizon ths afternoon and picked one up. They installed it. Sticks perfectly, but there is a definite reduction in responsiveness from what I can tell so far. Seems to miss fast button presses. Will do more testing.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Does it have adhesive all over? I ordered the otterbox alpha glass one but I do not believe it has adhesive all over plus it was expensive.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Two verizon employees from seperate stores confirmed that the brand of tempered glass they carry, Pure Gear, will fit with any case.

Before you buy this brand. Its only cover the flat surface, not fully edge.

I took out one I brought at Verizon store with black trims. There's not adhesive in the middle, just top and bottom.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

I took out one I brought at Verizon store with black trims. There's not adhesive in the middle, just top and bottom.

It covers almost the full edge for me. not sure what specifically you are referring to, but we may not be talking about the same ones.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
It covers almost the full edge for me. not sure what specifically you are referring to, but we may not be talking about the same ones.
Same here

Mine covers the full edge. Mine is sticking well and hasn't moved at all

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I was referring to pure gear brand, where some of protector are sold by third parties Verizon dealer.
Damn that sucks, thought I struck gold. I work at ATT, we have nothing.
Might I add $50 just for flat glass. Don't know what pure gear smoking

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Same here

Mine covers the full edge. Mine is sticking well and hasn't moved at all

I went ahead and ordered mine from VERIZON, should be here Thursday. I'll compare theirs and the otterbox one and decide. If anyone else gets thier installed in the meantime try to see if it has adhesive on the entire protector.

According to customer support they said it does but we know how they dont always know.

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Eh second thought go on VZW there are reviews adhesive is top and bottom only. I may hold out for GPEL. This is ridiculous that Samsung has official protectors yet you can't get them.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Eh second thought go on VZW there are reviews adhesive is top and bottom only. I may hold out for GPEL. This is ridiculous that Samsung has official protectors yet you can't get them.

I looked at GPEL but i don't think they are compatible with most cases.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a weird mark under it. Can see when phone is off. Replaced the protector. Doing it again is my phone screen defective?

Posted via the Android Central App

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered mine from VERIZON, should be here Thursday. I'll compare theirs and the otterbox one and decide. If anyone else gets thier installed in the meantime try to see if it has adhesive on the entire protector.

According to customer support they said it does but we know how they dont always know.

Verizon installed mine. As mentioned by someone black only. My phone is blue
But there is a weird looking color water looking mark underneath it. Refective. They replaced it. Still doing it.
Is my phone screen defective? I have never had this problem before. Spending close to 900 on a phone I want it perfect

Posted via the Android Central App

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
A VZW rep told me that their curved tempered glass screen protectors are not "case friendly."

Can someone who has purchased it confirm or deny this please. Thanks.