Verizon Curved Tempered Glass Screen Protector

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up this one and had it installed and am rather happy with it. Works perfectly with my cases.....View attachment 236834

I see absolutely no halo affect anywhere.
I have the same one, a couple of issues for me after a full day of use.

1. The sensitivity is reduced. You can tell mostly when trying to text message or type.

2. Because there is no glue on the sides, dust has begun to build up under the side edges. I only noticed this out in bright sunlight this afternoon.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

1. The sensitivity is reduced. You can tell mostly when trying to text message or type.

2. Because there is no glue on the sides, dust has begun to build up under the side edges. I only noticed this out in bright sunlight this afternoon.
I was wondering if dust would creep in under this one without the adhesive there on the sides. Also was thinking about what would happen if I took it in the pool at all. I could imagine water getting under there and being Oh so fun to get out.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I was wondering if dust would creep in under this one without the adhesive there on the sides. Also was thinking about what would happen if I took it in the pool at all. I could imagine water getting under there and being Oh so fun to get out.

Thats a great point, I haven't even thought about exposing it to water.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm ok with that for now, that's most the screen, better then nothing. Tide me over till someone comes out with one that covers the curve and works with a case. I'm still using the one that came with the phone.

True, before the scratch starting to appear :). Figured out how to make Zagg work with my case, its only one that got strong adhesive. Costco store in my area will have this in stock tomorrow. Rep told me its 100% adhesive. You can order online too. A little pricey.

Galaxy Note7 Screen Protector | Alpha Glass Screen Protectors | OtterBox

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I concur with this. Sensivity remains mostly the same when touch apps and stuff but when typing it seems reduced by a lot. I type fast so I always miss letters with this thing on. It fits so nice but Im going to have to return it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You sure you are talking about the Samsung OEM screen protector? That one is a film and should have no "tiny dots" under it at all.

Has Samsung on package. Black edges. Yes. Mine does. Hope my screen isn't defective on phone. Getting checked out Thurs. Verizon is sending me another sp

Posted using Note7

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Got mine from Verizon about 4 hours ago. Adhesive is only on edges and corners. Covers the entire screen and is case friendly. Was able to pair it with a Spigen case no problem. There is a definite dot matrix and halo effect. I have to keep my phone at a certain angle so I'm not distracted by it. The touch sensitivity is perfect. I can live with it for now but definitely need something better. This is not really worth $30.

So it's definitely the screen protector. Why this way?

Posted using Note7

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I concur with this. Sensivity remains mostly the same when touch apps and stuff but when typing it seems reduced by a lot. I type fast so I always miss letters with this thing on. It fits so nice but Im going to have to return it.

Will they let you return it? I've never tried to return a protector to Verizon, and I am not a Verizon customer, so I'm not sure they would take it back without issues.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Will they let you return it? I've never tried to return a protector to Verizon, and I am not a Verizon customer, so I'm not sure they would take it back without issues.

Yes you can return and that is an issue if my device isn't working properly with it on.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Bought one yesterday put it on the Fiancés note7 last night. There were 2 spots, one on each side (about an inch each) where the glass wouldn't make contact with the phone (both near the top). Then today she tells me that its really hard to type the letters on the edges (Q, A etc). So its going back to the store.

This was with a Speck Candy Shell Case on it (though the spots on the edges were there before the case went on)
Fyi, if it is like the Speck Candyshell Grip Case then it would provide virtually no drop protection in the spen corner

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have a note 5 screen protector laying around? Just curious if it would fit on the flat portion of the note 7. I'm using the one that came with the phone Abe it doesn't bother me. At least majority of the screen is protected. I know for some this would not work, but for me I would be happy with that

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can return and that is an issue if my device isn't working properly with it on.

I'm going to try to return it now. I bought an Alpha Glass at Costco and the touch was much better, unfortunately the guy putting it on got dust underneath so they let me return it. I made sure to test it before he tore it off and gave me a refund. The bad thing is that it is 49.99 for the protector and an Otterbox Commuter case, which I don't need.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to try to return it now. I bought an Alpha Glass at Costco and the touch was much better, unfortunately the guy putting it on got dust underneath so they let me return it. I made sure to test it before he tore it off and gave me a refund. The bad thing is that it is 49.99 for the protector and an Otterbox Commuter case, which I don't need.
So does this one really have adhesive throughout, or just on the bottom and top parts? That is kinda big, and nobody can seem to be certain about this.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site

So does this one really have adhesive throughout, or just on the bottom and top parts? That is kinda big, and nobody can seem to be certain about this.

Mine just came in today and it seems to only have adhesive on the top and bottom. I'm returning mine, to expensive.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine just came in today and it seems to only have adhesive on the top and bottom. I'm returning mine, to expensive.

Yup only on top and bottom. I returned mine today but not because of that. It actually fits the phone nicely but the touch sensitivity reduction was too much for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois