Verizon Curved Tempered Glass Screen Protector

tntiger

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
A VZW rep told me that their curved tempered glass screen protectors are not "case friendly."

Can someone who has purchased it confirm or deny this please. Thanks.

Same here - after fighting with my IQ Shield protector with my Spiegen case i went to my local Verizon store and 2 minutes later left, after hearing the same thing. I'm just going to wait a few weeks to see what else comes along. My IQ shield is still on the phone - a little dingy around the edges but not so bad that I can't use it for now.

Cinacole

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
A VZW rep told me that their curved tempered glass screen protectors are not "case friendly."

Can someone who has purchased it confirm or deny this please. Thanks.

Two verizon employees from seperate stores confirmed that the brand of tempered glass they carry, Pure Gear, will fit with any case.

So are these case friendly or not? I ordered a Spigen case to go with this

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Bought one yesterday put it on the Fiancés note7 last night. There were 2 spots, one on each side (about an inch each) where the glass wouldn't make contact with the phone (both near the top). Then today she tells me that its really hard to type the letters on the edges (Q, A etc). So its going back to the store.

This was with a Speck Candy Shell Case on it (though the spots on the edges were there before the case went on)

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Bought one yesterday put it on the Fiancés note7 last night. There were 2 spots, one on each side (about an inch each) where the glass wouldn't make contact with the phone (both near the top). Then today she tells me that its really hard to type the letters on the edges (Q, A etc). So its going back to the store.

This was with a Speck Candy Shell Case on it (though the spots on the edges were there before the case went on)

Well that sucks to hear. It seems like the curved tempered glass is a lost cause right now. I saw someone selling the Samsung screen protector on ebay. I will probably just get that for now.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung screen protector has been weird. Strange reflective spot underneath and tiny dots. Replaced one. 2n d one improved. Small spot now barely noticeable vutbthose matrix dots are over it. Is this the screen prote is my phone screen defective

Posted using Note7

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung screen protector has been weird. Strange reflective spot underneath and tiny dots. Replaced one. 2n d one improved. Small spot now barely noticeable vutbthose matrix dots are over it. Is this the screen prote is my phone screen defective

Posted using Note7

You sure you are talking about the Samsung OEM screen protector? That one is a film and should have no "tiny dots" under it at all.

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well that sucks to hear. It seems like the curved tempered glass is a lost cause right now. I saw someone selling the Samsung screen protector on ebay. I will probably just get that for now.

Link for eBay seller who has the official Samsung screen protector please. Thanks

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Just messaged the seller. He said he was getting more stock soon and would update the price. So keep a look out for it to drop.

Cinacole

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Got mine from Verizon about 4 hours ago. Adhesive is only on edges and corners. Covers the entire screen and is case friendly. Was able to pair it with a Spigen case no problem. There is a definite dot matrix and halo effect. I have to keep my phone at a certain angle so I'm not distracted by it. The touch sensitivity is perfect. I can live with it for now but definitely need something better. This is not really worth $30.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Before you buy this brand. Its only cover the flat surface, not fully edge.

I took out one I brought at Verizon store with black trims. There's not adhesive in the middle, just top and bottom.
I'm ok with that for now, that's most the screen, better then nothing. Tide me over till someone comes out with one that covers the curve and works with a case. I'm still using the one that came with the phone.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up this one and had it installed and am rather happy with it. Works perfectly with my cases.....20160823_175705.jpg

I see absolutely no halo affect anywhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair