Verizon Curved Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't remember what I have said but this is the one I have. My 2nd one is on my phone and am getting a 3rd sent to me. The 2nd one has been on the phone now for 3 days and it seems to be better than the first. I might just hang onto the 3rd and not use it yet. The halo affect isn't as prevalent but I do see the dots....only when the screen isn't active

Posted via the Android Central App

RyanJ2016

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I really want this phone but have not bought it yet due to the screen protector issues I've heard. Is the Verizon glass one good enough just to at least enable me to buy the phone and use it until something better comes out?

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I really want this phone but have not bought it yet due to the screen protector issues I've heard. Is the Verizon glass one good enough just to at least enable me to buy the phone and use it until something better comes out?
You can better of using Zagg. The adhesive on Verizon glass is only top and bottom nothing in middle.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

The fit is nice and it looks good on the black since the top and bottom are black. It blends well. The only problem was the touch sensitivity when typing. I type fast so it would miss letter unless I pressed a little harder when typing. Im not changing how I type for a screen protector. I'm still looking for a good one.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I've had the screen protector on for a full day now. When I have my caseology sky fall case on I loose some sensitivity and it makes it a little tough to type down by the L M delete and enter button but without the case on u can't even tell there's a screen protector on. I think the case lifts the case on the edge just enough to make the screen unresponsive. I have a ringke slim case that should be here tomorrow hopefully that sits lower than the caseology case.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had the screen protector on for a full day now. When I have my caseology sky fall case on I loose some sensitivity and it makes it a little tough to type down by the L M delete and enter button but without the case on u can't even tell there's a screen protector on. I think the case lifts the case on the edge just enough to make the screen unresponsive. I have a ringke slim case that should be here tomorrow hopefully that sits lower than the caseology case.

No case on mine and loss sensitivity. I think it's because since the adhesive is only on the top and bottom there could points through the display where the protector isn't firmly pressed on the display causing the loss of sensitivity. Just a thought from my experience.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
No case on mine and loss sensitivity. I think it's because since the adhesive is only on the top and bottom there could points through the display where the protector isn't firmly pressed on the display causing the loss of sensitivity. Just a thought from my experience.
Yea I'm not thinking that's everyone's problem just happens to be mine. It's a shame too cause I really like the caseology case. Feels amazing in the hand. So forced to choose case I love with a zagg that'll probably peel off or screen protector I love with a case that will be good just not gonna like anywhere near as much.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My friend who works at Verizon says Zagg isn't holding up well. Coming up at edges. I will keep this and now 3rd one has been put on much better.

Posted using Note7

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
For those who have this, any ideas if it is the same as the Otterbox Alpha? They look identical. I see the warranty for the Verizon one is provided through this Federation of China Technology Fund Limited.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
For those who have this, any ideas if it is the same as the Otterbox Alpha? They look identical. I see the warranty for the Verizon one is provided through this Federation of China Technology Fund Limited.
It's definitely not the same. I compared them side by side. The Alpha Glass has better sensitivity than the Verizon. I am using the official Samsung Screen protector that came today and also have the Alpha Glass. The Samsung isn't as clear as glass, but it's not horrible. I have a pretty much perfect install, but it does have a slight rubbery feel, but not nearly as bad as the old invisible shield.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know what the Verizon return policy is on this screen protector. I ordered it online before I saw all these bad reviews and was still thinking about trying it as I just got it in the mail, but if it doesn't work out for my phone I don't exactly want to flush 30$ down the drain either. Can it be returned within the 14 days even if used?

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Well I've had the verizon tempered glass since Thursday and like I said before with my caseology skyfall case I had severe screen sensitivity issues with the screen. I just went to best buy and tried the otterbox commuter speck candyshell clear and the tech 21 evo frame and all 3 cases work amazingly with the screen protector. I know other people said they r having trouble with screen sensitivity with or without a case but I couldn't be happier right now. Phone definitely feels protected now.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely not the same. I compared them side by side. The Alpha Glass has better sensitivity than the Verizon. I am using the official Samsung Screen protector that came today and also have the Alpha Glass. The Samsung isn't as clear as glass, but it's not horrible. I have a pretty much perfect install, but it does have a slight rubbery feel, but not nearly as bad as the old invisible shield.

Can you post some pictures showing the Samsung protector installed on the phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel