Are you using a screen protector?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have always used screen protectors and this phone has one too. I am on the fence about it though. I have a replacement arriving today. Will be the 3rd. ight just hang onto it instead of having it put on. A friend of mine also works for Verizon and want her to see the current. It is from Verizon and I see a slight halo and little dots but as the days go by it seems to improve. I do with it was completely clear because I have the beautiful blue coral phone. So the black edges hide a bit of the blue color. It isn't ugly but Idon't understand why not a clear option isn't available. I also don't understand the halo and dots. I am hearing dust gets under the screen too. I am leary to try a wet application. I have had Zagg in the past and to be honest didn't like how it felt. At least this protector feels slick, I have no lag issues with it. I LOVE the phone and protecting it is a priority to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Faded03cobra198p

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Awesome thanks. Hopefully they will be great on the note 7 too😊

Wet install. I suggest doing it at night before bed. Be patient and get a hair dryer for the edges. I've used them on several devices and have always had great results. Not as good as glass, but the best alternative you can get imo. They don't provide any application solution, but they give directions on how to make it.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Wet install. I suggest doing it at night before bed. Be patient and get a hair dryer for the edges. I've used them on several devices and have always had great results. Not as good as glass, but the best alternative you can get imo. They don't provide any application solution, but they give directions on how to make it.

I didn't even know it was a wet install. And they don't supply the solution or adhesive? Wow hope i have whatever is needed to put screen protector lol. Thanks for the info.

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I was using the Zagg HD. However, after 8 attempts (5 by the Zagg store employees and 3 of my own) at keeping one on the phone without the edges pealing up and getting gunk and dust under them, I am now on to the bodyguardz screen protector that att sells. Its cut smaller so cases actually fit it and seems to be working well so far. It was a bit of a pain to install, but with a steady hand I got it on there pretty well.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I was using the Zagg HD. However, after 8 attempts (5 by the Zagg store employees and 3 of my own) at keeping one on the phone without the edges pealing up and getting gunk and dust under them, I am now on to the bodyguardz screen protector that att sells. Its cut smaller so cases actually fit it and seems to be working well so far. It was a bit of a pain to install, but with a steady hand I got it on there pretty well.

Did you get it installed at best buy? I got mine installed at T-Mobile. The guy was very meticulous and got the back perfect and just about the front too. But he asked if I wanted the case on and not knowing any better I told him i did. I went to best buy and talked to an employee and he told me that you are supposed to wait at least a day for it for on properly. Wish the T-Mobile guy told me that. Even with it peeling to at the top and a few bubbles wherever I take the case off at night and smooth it out it's close to perfect. One or two small bubbles near the corner but barely noticeable.

I'm wondering if this is the case for others either they weren't told or didn't know you have to wait. I doubt I could have gotten it on as good as the T-Mobile rep did but if I waited maybe even my own pelican case wouldn't mess with the screen protector.

Omlu Omlu

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Right now I'm using the iLLumiShield plastic screen protector. It's a wet application and as long as you're patient you can get the edges to stay down while applying it.

I tried a tempered glass protector off Amazon originally, but it was abysmal.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The curve and the general motion of using the edges for display function, moisture, picking up the device, case rubbing, etc, means unlikely a protector will stay secure on the sides very long- any of those examples will eventually result in separation. This is actually more likely to happen with the N7 than the S7E, since less counter surface for the things that result in surface separation.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Agreed. One day after my Bodyguardz HD was put on my phone at ATT - it is already peeling off the edges for the very reason that the contour is so slight it won't stick. I have now spend $50 on 2 screen protectors - both of which are garbage.

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow so there really are no good protectors? I dunno what to do... Idk if anyone saw my other thread but I pre-ordered the phone and it already has a few scratches. Haven't done anything except put it in my pocket like every other phone I've had with no protector that never got scratches. Even the techno buffalo review had his at the beach with sand and no scratches so I don't know what's going on. But I don't want to waste money on a protector that ruins the phone experience and lasts for two days.

Maybe mine us defective? I wonder if Verizon will replace it but I also want to still receive the preorder gift.

I don't know what to do. Are there any protectors at all that I can go buy today that are any good? Has anyone tried the officianl Samsung one yet? None of them are even available on Amazon right now. Just funny can't get one even if I wanted to and they don't Ben make a good one and yet in the mean time this gg5 will keep scratching from normal use and doubt Verizon will replace it.

Sorry I know I am venting lol but pretty disappointed. Other then that the phone is great

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Ya know, I like what you're saying. But "my" Note 7 screen isn't getting ANY scratches from "my" NORMAL USAGE. And I'm as active as the average Joe. So........

Peace. Alan

Hmm well I dunno then. I've been babying it. Never in a pocket with keys or anything else or dropped or anything at all...