Here's the review I just posted on Amazon for the Spigen Flex Note 7 screen protector. It's getting overall bad reviews there but I decided I'd post my experience with it since it was quite different than most buyers. Here it is:

I'm confused by all the negative feedback on this item. I just applied it to my black Note 7 with no issues. It was a bit more difficult than the Spigen Crystal I had put on my Note 4 years ago but not terrible by any means. The edges wrapped around the curved screen nicely but don't go the whole way to the edge. I have no bubbles and the protector feels great on the fingers. Using the S-Pen is no problem at all - it feels smooth - maybe not as smooth as if there was nothing but certainly not an issue. I was honestly regretting my purchase after reading the reviews posted but figured I'd apply one and see how it goes myself. I'm glad I did. Unless it doesn't wear well I'm very happy with the the ease of application, quality and clarity of the Spigen Note 7 Flex. If there are wear issues in a few weeks I'll update my review, but for now I'm very impressed with this screen protector and would highly recommend it!

Anyway I'm happy. It's not as nice as my old Spigen Crystal I had on my Note 4 but I don't believe it deserves the bad rap it's getting on Amazon. If someone eventually comes out with a really good tempered glass protector that works with cases I may swap it out but for now I'm very happy with it.
    08-20-2016 01:35 PM
    Here's the review I just posted on Amazon for the Spigen Flex Note 7 screen protector. It's getting overall bad reviews there but I decided I'd post my experience with it since it was quite different than most buyers. Here it is:

I'm confused by all the negative feedback on this item. I just applied it to my black Note 7 with no issues. It was a bit more difficult than the Spigen Crystal I had put on my Note 4 years ago but not terrible by any means. The edges wrapped around the curved screen nicely but don't go the whole way to the edge. I have no bubbles and the protector feels great on the fingers. Using the S-Pen is no problem at all - it feels smooth - maybe not as smooth as if there was nothing but certainly not an issue. I was honestly regretting my purchase after reading the reviews posted but figured I'd apply one and see how it goes myself. I'm glad I did. Unless it doesn't wear well I'm very happy with the the ease of application, quality and clarity of the Spigen Note 7 Flex. If there are wear issues in a few weeks I'll update my review, but for now I'm very impressed with this screen protector and would highly recommend it!

Anyway I'm happy. It's not as nice as my old Spigen Crystal I had on my Note 4 but I don't believe it deserves the bad rap it's getting on Amazon. If someone eventually comes out with a really good tempered glass protector that works with cases I may swap it out but for now I'm very happy with it.
    Got a link?
    08-20-2016 05:33 PM
    Can you post pictures of it applied to your phone?
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    08-20-2016 06:07 PM
    Can you post pictures of it applied to your phone?
    Sure...I can see a couple imperfections in the pics I took with my wife's iPhone 6s Plus but don't see them with my naked eye. Can't figure out how to embed from Dropbox - sorry.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7a1ts9sgr...03.12.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pk8de80b47...02.53.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtyx7momkn...01.34.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34b7debyq2...01.14.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e53kckszz5...00.08.jpg?dl=0
    08-20-2016 10:24 PM
    Sure...I can see a couple imperfections in the pics I took with my wife's iPhone 6s Plus but don't see them with my naked eye. Can't figure out how to embed from Dropbox - sorry.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7a1ts9sgr...03.12.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pk8de80b47...02.53.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtyx7momkn...01.34.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34b7debyq2...01.14.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e53kckszz5...00.08.jpg?dl=0
    That looks really good. Probably gonna order a set as a backup to the Zagg kit I have installed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-21-2016 04:18 AM
    Here you go

Oj467, aximtreo and Denisej like this.
    08-21-2016 08:11 AM
    Thanks Carlo! Can you tell me how you did it?
    08-21-2016 09:39 AM
    does using the spen leave indentations on the screen? your pictures actually look great, i have my spigen flex sitting here, getting my phone tomorrow. hopefully itll look as good as yours
    08-21-2016 11:13 AM
    I saw a few complaints about the s-pen putting little indented trails in it from normal use. Have you experienced this?

08-21-2016 11:15 AM
    I saw a few complaints about the s-pen putting little indented trails in it from normal use. Have you experienced this?

I just put this screen protector on Friday and yes it does leave trails from the S-Pen just from using it one time. You can't really see it unless a light hits it at certain angles.
    08-21-2016 12:21 PM
    Mines indented all to hell. I drew a couple things for my friends daughter, didn't even press down and there's a indented flower, some clouds, and a house on my screen. I colored in these drawings too so at certain angels it looks like I went scribbly on my screen. I don't see it with the screen on so it's minor at the end of the day, but with the screen off, and with certain lighting angles it's bad.
    08-21-2016 12:35 PM
    I have only used my pen a bit since putting it on - I generally have a pretty light touch when using the pen and don't have the indentations but after reading these post I've tried and applied a fair amount of pressure (quite a bit more than I would typically use) and yes it does leave indents. I don't notice them with the screen on but if it's dark and there's any glare on the screen they are indeed noticeable.

I'll continue to use the Flex until something better is released and will stand by my review with the caveat that you need a light touch while using the pen.

I'm wondering if a little blast with a warm hairdryer would smooth them out....
    08-21-2016 01:33 PM
    Mines indented all to hell. I drew a couple things for my friends daughter, didn't even press down and there's a indented flower, some clouds, and a house on my screen. I colored in these drawings too so at certain angels it looks like I went scribbly on my screen. I don't see it with the screen on so it's minor at the end of the day, but with the screen off, and with certain lighting angles it's bad.
    Yup same here. When the display is black you can see all the wonderful indentations made from either the pen or your fingernail. If you run your fingernail across the screen you'll very quickly see a trail etched out in the film.

Even if this wasn't a problem, the clarity of the protector isnt very good either. Whites appear muddy with some rainbow color distortion. You can easily see the difference in clarity just by looking at the edges of the display that are not covered by the protector.

I'm just keeping the Spigen on until I can get something better. Hopefully Samsung's official protector will have better clarity.
    vahdyx likes this.
    08-21-2016 01:34 PM
    Yup same here. When the display is black you can see all the wonderful indentations made from either the pen or your fingernail. If you run your fingernail across the screen you'll very quickly see a trail etched out in the film.

Even if this wasn't a problem, the clarity of the protector isnt very good either. Whites appear muddy with some rainbow color distortion. You can easily see the difference in clarity just by looking at the edges of the display that are not covered by the protector.

I'm just keeping the Spigen on until I can get something better. Hopefully Samsung's official protector will have better clarity.
    Agreed same here. I wonder why it's not available in the states yet.
    08-21-2016 01:36 PM
    I did a review of this on my channel... Its a ok protector if you take your time and seldom use the s pen it will indent. But if you can live with that then this is a go.
    08-21-2016 03:35 PM
    Which case do you have on your Note 7?
    08-21-2016 04:29 PM
    Which case do you have on your Note 7?
    Me? I have the Spigen Tough Armor.
    08-21-2016 05:26 PM
    this screen protector ****in sucks.. i got it.. not only is the installation difficult, but it greatly reduces the brightness and clarity.
    08-21-2016 11:02 PM
    I've amended my initial Amazon review after using this for a couple of days. While I don't use my S-Pen enough (and when I do I use a very light touch) - I can see where you can get the indentations if you use it a lot. Gonna keep mine on until something better's out there for now though. Better than nothing at this point in my opinion.
    08-22-2016 08:48 AM
    This protector lasted like 10 mins before a zagg went on....
    08-22-2016 09:47 PM
    I wouldn't use a hair dryer on the Note 7. I saw a Samsung rep at the T-Mobile store the day after the SW fire who said that the reason some Note 7s catch fire is that there is just a piece of plastic between the negative and positive poles (somewhere in the device, I didn't ask for clarification, I assume it's a power-connection issue) that can melt when it's heated which is what causes the fire hazard (same exact with the iPhone 7, she said, which isn't getting the same publicity).

Funny, though, that I got the phone I wasn't expecting until Nov the day after the airplane incident and that there just happened to be a rep in the store. I'm sure they are trying to make it more of a hassle to change our minds. The truth is, I had decided to switch to the Galaxy Edge after hearing about the SW fire. Once I got this in my hand, though; it's just so beautiful.

If she is right about that, I'd be careful about exposing your Note 7 to any heat source whatever. I wouldn't even leave it in the car in the summer, tbh.
    10-08-2016 09:58 AM