08-25-2016 02:57 PM
29 12
tools
    I am a big fan of the speck candy shell cases, but i always hated how the black ones had the grey grips and edging.

Happy to say the black ones for the note 7 are black and black, and it looks so much better! Gives the phone am over all better look than having grey on it.
    08-20-2016 04:03 PM
    I also have slapped this on my Silver Note 7 and love it.
    Russel Shouse likes this.
    08-20-2016 04:20 PM
    I just tried 2 different speck cases. It indeed covers 2 speaker holes
    08-20-2016 04:40 PM
    I fixed it though. I cut the hole larger
    08-20-2016 04:40 PM
    I just tried 2 different speck cases. It indeed covers 2 speaker holes
    Is this the grip or clear version?
    08-20-2016 05:12 PM
    I just looked and my grip case covers two holes as well.
    The phone is plenty loud though so i am not gonna go cutting on it lol!!

Heck it might even be what is makimg it louder lol !!
    08-20-2016 06:10 PM
    Got the black grip version today..had speck cases earlier as well and liked them a lot. The full black on the onyx black looks

russel5150 and ladyc0524 like this.
    08-20-2016 06:15 PM
    As far as covering couple of speaker holes, honestly can't make any difference in sound with it covered or not covered. So it should be fine, they just wanted to put a wider s-pen hole I think. Also, mostly listen with headphones or connected to Bluetooth devices so doesn't bother me that much.
    08-20-2016 06:19 PM
    Also seems like the s-pen corner isn't adequately protected compared to how the candy shell protected my note 5
    adam13141 and Ventura726 like this.
    08-20-2016 07:12 PM
    I fixed it though. I cut the hole larger
    How did you cut through the hard plastic??
    08-20-2016 07:13 PM
    The black case on the black phone does look sweet!
    08-20-2016 07:15 PM
    Is this the grip or clear version?
    Both cover the holes. I got the grip because the rubber on the grip is easier to shave off lol.
    08-20-2016 08:34 PM
    How did you cut through the hard plastic??
    I'll post a picture lol
    08-20-2016 08:35 PM
    Sorry the camera on my tablet sucks.
    Attached Thumbnails Speck candy shell grip-20160820_213647.jpg  
    handwerk79 likes this.
    08-20-2016 08:37 PM
    Nice.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-20-2016 08:59 PM
    Additional note, I have got bunch of cases 3 Spigen, tech 21 eco frame and this speck grip case. Out of all them speck thought thru the s-pen cutout. Super easy to take out and put in because of the wide cutout unlike others which is little tricky to take out the s-pen.
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    08-20-2016 09:47 PM
    I am using the clear case by Speck on my note 7.
    Great design and protection!
    08-21-2016 01:05 PM
    I emailed Speck about the covered speaker port. Apparently Samsung approved this partially covered design!

"Thanks for reaching out to us! We are well aware that the design of the case covers the speaker port. This design was intentional to add extra protection to the device and make the case more robust and durable. In order to not lose any sound quality with this design, we’ve added a cutout inside the case which is our speaker re-direct feature. Essentially, it’s a cavity cutout inside the case, that redirects the sound from the speaker that is being covered, to outside of the case, towards the user.

Please know that we are a member of the Samsung’s SMAPP program. Samsung inspects and fit tests all of our cases to ensure that our cases work perfectly with the device and no features of the device our hindered by our cases. As Samsung does with all of our cases, Samsung approved this case and recognizes that our case doesn’t impede the sound coming out of the speaker."
    bhatech likes this.
    08-22-2016 08:06 PM
    I emailed Speck about the covered speaker port. Apparently Samsung approved this partially covered design!

"Thanks for reaching out to us! We are well aware that the design of the case covers the speaker port. This design was intentional to add extra protection to the device and make the case more robust and durable. In order to not lose any sound quality with this design, we’ve added a cutout inside the case which is our speaker re-direct feature. Essentially, it’s a cavity cutout inside the case, that redirects the sound from the speaker that is being covered, to outside of the case, towards the user.

Please know that we are a member of the Samsung’s SMAPP program. Samsung inspects and fit tests all of our cases to ensure that our cases work perfectly with the device and no features of the device our hindered by our cases. As Samsung does with all of our cases, Samsung approved this case and recognizes that our case doesn’t impede the sound coming out of the speaker."

Thats awesome. I emailed Speck as well! they gave me the same answer... i am now using a speck grip case...
    08-23-2016 07:57 AM
    Any screen protectors work with this case?
    08-23-2016 11:34 AM
    The pure gear one does, but it doesn't fit the edges properly so lint/dust accumulates. But I'm returning the case because of lack of protection on the s-pen corner.
    08-23-2016 11:53 AM
    I emailed Speck about the speaker holes being covered and this was their reply:

We are well aware that the design of the case covers the speaker port.
    This design was intentional to add extra protection to the device and make the case more robust and durable.

In order to not lose any sound quality with this design, we’ve added a cutout inside the case which is our speaker re-direct feature. Essentially, it’s a cavity cutout inside the case, that redirects the sound from the speaker that is being covered, to outside of the case, towards the user.

Please know that we are a member of the Samsung’s SMAPP program. Samsung inspects and fit tests all of our cases to ensure that our cases work perfectly with the device and no features of the device our hindered by our cases. As Samsung does with all of our cases, Samsung approved this case and recognizes that our case doesn’t impede the sound coming out of the speaker.

erik | senior customer service
    (*) SPECK | Designed for Impact™
    177 Bovet Rd. Suite 200 | San Mateo 94402 CA
    Protective Cases for iPhone, iPad, MacBook, Samsung | Speck Products
    08-23-2016 02:20 PM
    Went and bought one today and it works with my zagg. Shocked it didn't lift.....barely fits around the edge.
    08-23-2016 04:15 PM
    The Speck Candyshell Grip Case looks great and has great grip but provides nearly no protection for the S-pen corner. I tried tapping that corner on the desk lightly and I can hear it hit the metal casing on the phone

Speck candy shell grip-uploadfromtaptalk1472015810794.jpgSpeck candy shell grip-uploadfromtaptalk1472015818544.jpgSpeck candy shell grip-uploadfromtaptalk1472015824863.jpg
    08-24-2016 12:19 AM
    I emailed Speck about the speaker holes being covered and this was their reply:

We are well aware that the design of the case covers the speaker port.
    This design was intentional to add extra protection to the device and make the case more robust and durable.

In order to not lose any sound quality with this design, we’ve added a cutout inside the case which is our speaker re-direct feature. Essentially, it’s a cavity cutout inside the case, that redirects the sound from the speaker that is being covered, to outside of the case, towards the user.

Please know that we are a member of the Samsung’s SMAPP program. Samsung inspects and fit tests all of our cases to ensure that our cases work perfectly with the device and no features of the device our hindered by our cases. As Samsung does with all of our cases, Samsung approved this case and recognizes that our case doesn’t impede the sound coming out of the speaker.

erik | senior customer service
    (*) SPECK | Designed for Impact™
    177 Bovet Rd. Suite 200 | San Mateo 94402 CA
    Protective Cases for iPhone, iPad, MacBook, Samsung | Speck Products
    That's exactly the reply I got. I then responsed with concerns about the s-pen corner and they were very rude back.

Ended up returning both cases I bought from them.
    08-24-2016 09:22 AM
29 12