Note 7 otterbox defender?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Called Otterbox and the girl said the case is still in development and she had no idea when it would be available.
Sound like they are having some problems.:-\

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Called Otterbox and the girl said the case is still in development and she had no idea when it would be available.
Sound like they are having some problems.:-\

Mobilefun website says one week. I left a message on Otterbox FB page and they told me they would be more news soon when it will be out. They already have an image of it though on the retailer websites so we know they generally have the case developed but it just took them more time. They're probably switching the machinery over to make it.

Anyways I did find a case that protects the edges of the screen!! Tech 21 has a new line of Defender style cases called the Evo Tactical XT. It has nice raised edges unlike the other cases that protect the screen pretty good and supposed to be drop rated for 13 feet and also has port covers. The back is a little too thin for my liking though but it is the best think out there right now that offers some protection. Their website says it's not out yet, but ATT stores have these cases in stock and I picked one up a couple days ago. Only downside it doesn't have a built in screen protector due to the edges.

https://www.tech21.com/en_us/evo-tactical-xt-case-for-samsung-galaxy-note-7

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the Defender on Amazon, $35 right now...........great deal.
Hope it gets here soon, this phone needs good protection.

the price is so cheap because they want you to order it ahead of time. It will go back up when they get it. Usually Amazon Defenders are full price the first couple months the device is out then drop in price. If it's cheaper on Amazon just print it off and take it to best buy and get a price match and get it sooner.

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I can attest to this Tech 21 EVO TACTICAL XT case as being pretty much perfect for the Note 7. I had a ZAGG HD clear InvisibleShield installed on my Note 7 the day of release. I just received this case and it's fantastic. It has a smaller black frame which you gently pry out of the larger case frame. Then you insert your Note 7 into the small black frame. It didn't wrinkle up the edges of my Zagg screen protector either. You can then gently fit it back into the larger case frame. My Zagg HD stayed perfect during this process-NO pulled up corners!! Buy It!! I'm not waiting for the stupid tempered glass like I did with the S7 Edge (and it didn't work anyway with a case) It will even work with my wireless charger! And it has an opening flap at the bottom to work with a wired charger too.20160822_173453.jpg

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I can attest to this Tech 21 EVO TACTICAL XT case as being pretty much perfect for the Note 7. I had a ZAGG HD clear InvisibleShield installed on my Note 7 the day of release. I just received this case and it's fantastic. It has a smaller black frame which you gently pry out of the larger case frame. Then you insert your Note 7 into the small black frame. It didn't wrinkle up the edges of my Zagg screen protector either. You can then gently fit it back into the larger case frame. My Zagg HD stayed perfect during this process-NO pulled up corners!! Buy It!! I'm not waiting for the stupid tempered glass like I did with the S7 Edge (and it didn't work anyway with a case) It will even work with my wireless charger! And it has an opening flap at the bottom to work with a wired charger too.View attachment 236695
Seems similar to the supcase. However when I put the case in the holster it causes the edges of my iq shield to peel up.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Seems similar to the supcase. However when I put the case in the holster it causes the edges of my iq shield to peel up.

I have the Unicorn Beetle too, and this case is tons better quality and protection wise. The sides of the phone are well protected as this case is raised along the sides, yet doesn't interfere with the edge features at all. However this case cost 50 bucks, the Supcase doesn't. Get what you pay for.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I can attest to this Tech 21 EVO TACTICAL XT case as being pretty much perfect for the Note 7. I had a ZAGG HD clear InvisibleShield installed on my Note 7 the day of release. I just received this case and it's fantastic. It has a smaller black frame which you gently pry out of the larger case frame. Then you insert your Note 7 into the small black frame. It didn't wrinkle up the edges of my Zagg screen protector either. You can then gently fit it back into the larger case frame. My Zagg HD stayed perfect during this process-NO pulled up corners!! Buy It!! I'm not waiting for the stupid tempered glass like I did with the S7 Edge (and it didn't work anyway with a case) It will even work with my wireless charger! And it has an opening flap at the bottom to work with a wired charger too.View attachment 236695

Is the interior part that the phone actually sits in hard plastic or soft rubber?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Is the interior part that the phone actually sits in hard plastic or soft rubber?

What do you mean exactly? It has a plastic outerframe similar to a Supcase that inserts into the main TPUish type case. It doesn't have as much shock reducing feeling as Defenders have, but Tech21 supposed to be really good at shock protection. The case feels more sturdy than the Defender by meaning it won't ware out and become loose overtime like Defenders do. Even the new Defender design for the S7 the outershell is firmer but still loosens over time.

IMO this is the best case out there for the Note 7 protection wise until the Defender comes out, but with the new design for the Note 7 I'm not sure yet though how protective it will be.

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
The interior part the Note 7 sits in is hard plastic. The outer case is more pliable and fits into the seam of the hard plastic interior case.