Note 7 otterbox defender?

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why would anyone want to put this beauty in a bully, boxy case like an OtterBox Defender???

There are so many better choices that will protect the Note 7 without the added bulk and weight and better looking to be truthful.

UAG just to name one

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
There's another post in this sub forum that talks about the UAG cases not being as protective as they look. One said his phone cracked inside of it. Also said the mic holes are not correct at the top of the phone. Theres been a few complaints so far. Of course you can't please anyone but that being said. I wouldn't buy a case with design flaws. Just my 2 cents.

Vincent Santangelo

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I know I know, everyone wants a slim case, I am the odd one. I like having the biggest phone, the biggest screen, and if I could find a case like the Otterbox defender which is in delay for months, or a case that would make my phone bulkier and bigger to hold, it would make my day.

Vincent Santangelo

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info, your case suggestion will have to do, only $14. Need something until the bulkier otterbox defender comes out. Poetic revolution had a HUGE case for my ole S6 edge plus. For me having a bigger case felt better for my hands. Thanks again.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I know I know, everyone wants a slim case, I am the odd one. I like having the biggest phone, the biggest screen, and if I could find a case like the Otterbox defender which is in delay for months, or a case that would make my phone bulkier and bigger to hold, it would make my day.

Or get the Tech21 Evo tactical XT. It's the closest thing to a Defender right now. It is 50 dollars before tax though so not cheap but it's a great case.

Gizmobro

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I purchased the Otterbox Symmetry Case for my Note 7 and it just cracked. Kinda disappointed that Otterbox hasn't released the Defender or Alpha Glass. I guess I am going file a claim once the crack expands.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the Otterbox Symmetry Case for my Note 7 and it just cracked. Kinda disappointed that Otterbox hasn't released the Defender or Alpha Glass. I guess I am going file a claim once the crack expands.

What cracked, the case or the phone? Can you post a couple of pictures?

Gizmobro

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
My Note 7. It cracked underneath the home button. It's a minor crack but definitely growing. I'm not sure how to post photos through this thing.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Shannon Graham

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The defender case is crap. The plastic cover is floppy and does not lay flat on the screen. It's like putting your phone in a zip lock bag and trying to use the touch screen. Supremely disappointed in the defender design. Would not recommend.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The defender case is crap. The plastic cover is floppy and does not lay flat on the screen. It's like putting your phone in a zip lock bag and trying to use the touch screen. Supremely disappointed in the defender design. Would not recommend.
Have you already tested this case with the Note 7?

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
That guy is squawking about past Defender cases. There is NO Defender case out yet for the Note 7.
That was my point. It isn't even out yet. I've used either commuter or defender for all my phones and it's great protection. If they're taking longer with it it's probably because they are trying to perfect it.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Mine is ordered thur Amazon for $35 im willing to wait however long it takes , I have a wallet case on now but it just doesn't provide the protection needed

Alex Kukanin

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Jees! The guy above (Shannon) was right. The case is great overall but has a significant bulge in the front transparent plastic window of about 1/16" ~2mm. It does work to some extent, but definitely interferring with the stylus' fine touches. At first, I thought it's just a defective case, and asked Otterbox directly about the issue. The week passed - no reply. That usually indicates they don't want to honor the waranty (I had my Note 3 Defender needs served three times within 48 hours in the past with them).