06-30-2017 06:03 PM
39 12
tools
    Anyone know when this case will come out?
    08-21-2016 10:46 AM
    Anyone know when this case will come out?
    I'm wondering too. If the Otterbox Defender case for the Note 7 is just as good as the Otterbox Defender case for the S7 edge (with that awesome new screen protection!), I'm going to purchase it as soon as I am able to.
    08-21-2016 11:14 AM
    I know right...i tried several cases but I can't find any that protect the edge screen..
    Jedi215 likes this.
    08-21-2016 11:22 AM
    Called Otterbox and the girl said the case is still in development and she had no idea when it would be available.
    Sound like they are having some problems.
    jerry12 likes this.
    08-21-2016 11:39 AM
    Called Otterbox and the girl said the case is still in development and she had no idea when it would be available.
    Sound like they are having some problems.
    Mobilefun website says one week. I left a message on Otterbox FB page and they told me they would be more news soon when it will be out. They already have an image of it though on the retailer websites so we know they generally have the case developed but it just took them more time. They're probably switching the machinery over to make it.

Anyways I did find a case that protects the edges of the screen!! Tech 21 has a new line of Defender style cases called the Evo Tactical XT. It has nice raised edges unlike the other cases that protect the screen pretty good and supposed to be drop rated for 13 feet and also has port covers. The back is a little too thin for my liking though but it is the best think out there right now that offers some protection. Their website says it's not out yet, but ATT stores have these cases in stock and I picked one up a couple days ago. Only downside it doesn't have a built in screen protector due to the edges.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=RTfYItgd
    Pinhead117 likes this.
    08-21-2016 12:03 PM
    Now says 3-5 days in stock. I don't know if that's just some random generated number or something though. Lets hope it's true.

OtterBox Defender Series Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Case - Black :: MobileFun.com
    08-21-2016 10:42 PM
    I ordered the Defender on Amazon, $35 right now...........great deal.
    Hope it gets here soon, this phone needs good protection.
    hailsusy90 likes this.
    08-22-2016 09:31 AM
    I ordered the Defender on Amazon, $35 right now...........great deal.
    Hope it gets here soon, this phone needs good protection.
    the price is so cheap because they want you to order it ahead of time. It will go back up when they get it. Usually Amazon Defenders are full price the first couple months the device is out then drop in price. If it's cheaper on Amazon just print it off and take it to best buy and get a price match and get it sooner.
    08-22-2016 04:30 PM
    I can attest to this Tech 21 EVO TACTICAL XT case as being pretty much perfect for the Note 7. I had a ZAGG HD clear InvisibleShield installed on my Note 7 the day of release. I just received this case and it's fantastic. It has a smaller black frame which you gently pry out of the larger case frame. Then you insert your Note 7 into the small black frame. It didn't wrinkle up the edges of my Zagg screen protector either. You can then gently fit it back into the larger case frame. My Zagg HD stayed perfect during this process-NO pulled up corners!! Buy It!! I'm not waiting for the stupid tempered glass like I did with the S7 Edge (and it didn't work anyway with a case) It will even work with my wireless charger! And it has an opening flap at the bottom to work with a wired charger too.Note 7 otterbox defender?-20160822_173453.jpg
    08-22-2016 04:52 PM
    I can attest to this Tech 21 EVO TACTICAL XT case as being pretty much perfect for the Note 7. I had a ZAGG HD clear InvisibleShield installed on my Note 7 the day of release. I just received this case and it's fantastic. It has a smaller black frame which you gently pry out of the larger case frame. Then you insert your Note 7 into the small black frame. It didn't wrinkle up the edges of my Zagg screen protector either. You can then gently fit it back into the larger case frame. My Zagg HD stayed perfect during this process-NO pulled up corners!! Buy It!! I'm not waiting for the stupid tempered glass like I did with the S7 Edge (and it didn't work anyway with a case) It will even work with my wireless charger! And it has an opening flap at the bottom to work with a wired charger too.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160822_173453.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	520.5 KB 
ID:	236695
    Seems similar to the supcase. However when I put the case in the holster it causes the edges of my iq shield to peel up.
    08-22-2016 07:50 PM
    Seems similar to the supcase. However when I put the case in the holster it causes the edges of my iq shield to peel up.
    I have the Unicorn Beetle too, and this case is tons better quality and protection wise. The sides of the phone are well protected as this case is raised along the sides, yet doesn't interfere with the edge features at all. However this case cost 50 bucks, the Supcase doesn't. Get what you pay for.
    08-22-2016 08:58 PM
    I placed an order for the Otterbox Defender with Amazon for $35. You can't beat that!

Posted via the Android Central App
    hailsusy90 likes this.
    08-22-2016 09:35 PM
    Says ships in 1 to 2 MONTHS!!!!
    08-25-2016 01:20 PM
    I can attest to this Tech 21 EVO TACTICAL XT case as being pretty much perfect for the Note 7. I had a ZAGG HD clear InvisibleShield installed on my Note 7 the day of release. I just received this case and it's fantastic. It has a smaller black frame which you gently pry out of the larger case frame. Then you insert your Note 7 into the small black frame. It didn't wrinkle up the edges of my Zagg screen protector either. You can then gently fit it back into the larger case frame. My Zagg HD stayed perfect during this process-NO pulled up corners!! Buy It!! I'm not waiting for the stupid tempered glass like I did with the S7 Edge (and it didn't work anyway with a case) It will even work with my wireless charger! And it has an opening flap at the bottom to work with a wired charger too.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160822_173453.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	520.5 KB 
ID:	236695
    Is the interior part that the phone actually sits in hard plastic or soft rubber?
    08-25-2016 01:39 PM
    Is the interior part that the phone actually sits in hard plastic or soft rubber?
    What do you mean exactly? It has a plastic outerframe similar to a Supcase that inserts into the main TPUish type case. It doesn't have as much shock reducing feeling as Defenders have, but Tech21 supposed to be really good at shock protection. The case feels more sturdy than the Defender by meaning it won't ware out and become loose overtime like Defenders do. Even the new Defender design for the S7 the outershell is firmer but still loosens over time.

IMO this is the best case out there for the Note 7 protection wise until the Defender comes out, but with the new design for the Note 7 I'm not sure yet though how protective it will be.
    08-25-2016 09:44 PM
    For some reason, I was able to get the Zagg InvisibleShield to work with it.
    08-28-2016 06:12 PM
    The interior part the Note 7 sits in is hard plastic. The outer case is more pliable and fits into the seam of the hard plastic interior case.
    tippmann15 likes this.
    08-28-2016 06:14 PM
    No, still not released. You can leave your email for a notification when it's released on the OtterBox site.
    08-28-2016 06:15 PM
    I'm a lil bummed that the note 7 is so slimmed down and thin. I need a thick bulky big case. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
    08-28-2016 08:48 PM
    I'm a lil bummed that the note 7 is so slimmed down and thin. I need a thick bulky big case. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
    This is suppose to be a good case but it does not have a screen protector. Until the Defender comes out it's better then nothing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ITHEJ34/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1AGBDQVN68CWS
    08-28-2016 09:08 PM
    Why would anyone want to put this beauty in a bully, boxy case like an OtterBox Defender???

There are so many better choices that will protect the Note 7 without the added bulk and weight and better looking to be truthful.

UAG just to name one
    08-28-2016 11:03 PM
    There's another post in this sub forum that talks about the UAG cases not being as protective as they look. One said his phone cracked inside of it. Also said the mic holes are not correct at the top of the phone. Theres been a few complaints so far. Of course you can't please anyone but that being said. I wouldn't buy a case with design flaws. Just my 2 cents.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    08-28-2016 11:17 PM
    I know I know, everyone wants a slim case, I am the odd one. I like having the biggest phone, the biggest screen, and if I could find a case like the Otterbox defender which is in delay for months, or a case that would make my phone bulkier and bigger to hold, it would make my day.
    dcooper830 likes this.
    08-29-2016 08:07 AM
    Thanks for the info, your case suggestion will have to do, only $14. Need something until the bulkier otterbox defender comes out. Poetic revolution had a HUGE case for my ole S6 edge plus. For me having a bigger case felt better for my hands. Thanks again.
    08-29-2016 08:11 AM
    I know I know, everyone wants a slim case, I am the odd one. I like having the biggest phone, the biggest screen, and if I could find a case like the Otterbox defender which is in delay for months, or a case that would make my phone bulkier and bigger to hold, it would make my day.
    Or get the Tech21 Evo tactical XT. It's the closest thing to a Defender right now. It is 50 dollars before tax though so not cheap but it's a great case.
    08-29-2016 12:02 PM
39 12