New Gear VR on sale @ Best Buy

abalboa3

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Just picked up the new Gear VR for my Note 7 @ Best Buy. Surprised that it was on sale.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 197.jpg
    197.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 115

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up the new Gear VR for my Note 7 @ Best Buy. Surprised that it was on sale.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks for sharing that. There wasn't one at my nearest Best Buy either. Since Amazon.com price matches a lot of places (including Best Buy). I submitted a lower price link on their site. (I put website, but someone else could submit it as an in store as well). Hopefully they'll price match it.

If anyone sees Amazon's price drop to match it let us know on this thread please.

Kermy

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
The price went back to $99 yesterday. Wonder if it was a price mistake. They probably only wanted to discount the 2015 version.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
What do people use these for? Mine was delivered by Amazon yesterday and I'm returning it today since the only time I could imagine using it would be on a plane but I haven't traveled in years.

- very low def/pixelated images
-can't use lying down in most apps

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
It's still 99 for me. Any link pointing to the sale?
The price went back to $99 yesterday. Wonder if it was a price mistake. They probably only wanted to discount the 2015 version.
I only see $99.
Yep, they raised the price back up from $79 to $99.

What do people use these for? Mine was delivered by Amazon yesterday and I'm returning it today since the only time I could imagine using it would be on a plane but I haven't traveled in years.

You bought one without knowing what it does, or what you'd use it for?!?
As detailed in many places you could use it for games, watching videos (including 360* videos), and social gathering (like when you see game avatars in shows interacting in virtual forms). I don't believe I'd ever use it in a confined area with a bunch of strangers as you're suggesting. I'm shocked that you bought one without knowing anything about it first, and then return it without giving it a chance. You normally impulse buy things you no nothing about and then return them?!?