Wireless charging battery pack

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Anyone knows where to get this at brick and mortar stores? I can not even find it on bestbuy's website.
Samsung site shows 7 weeks

Last edited:

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Probably not available anywhere yet. But if the design is similar to the one for the S7 Edge, I'd pass and wait for a Mophie Juice Pack case. The Samsung S7 Edge wireless battery charging case afforded no raised edge protection and just a friction fit. The wireless tech does not fare well in this application as the inneficiecy of the process results in less than 60% recharge capability for an empty phone battery and a lot of heat generation. The Mophie pack is directly connected to the phone which is more efficient and utilizes wireless tech to recharge the case itself with pass through to the phone if installed in the case. Plus it provides decent phone protection. Much better setup IMO.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Probably not available anywhere yet. But if the design is similar to the one for the S7 Edge, I'd pass and wait for a Mophie Juice Pack case. The Samsung S7 Edge wireless battery charging case afforded no raised edge protection and just a friction fit. The wireless tech does not fare well in this application as the inneficiecy of the process results in less than 60% recharge capability for an empty phone battery and a lot of heat generation. The Mophie pack is directly connected to the phone which is more efficient and utilizes wireless tech to recharge the case itself with pass through to the phone if installed in the case. Plus it provides decent phone protection. Much better setup IMO.

Agreed... I really wanted this battery pack... I had a 10,000 zero lemon on my Note 2. Sure it was a brick and a half, but it never had battery worries...admittedly it was overkill...

So I seriously checked out this battery pack. I considered leaving it on all the time. I'm an *****, remember what I did with my Note 2... However, you carry around a 3100 mah battery, that does charge as needed, and recharges it'sself with the phone.. cool, but all that weight for a 3100 mah battery, and all you get is the effect of it being 1800 mah. That's smaller than a AA battery. No thanks. I keep a full backup battery in the car, and if I need it, I'll have it. I have a 5000 mah battery that is only slightly larger than a box of tick-tacks. That'll do.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
T mobile stores have them. I put one on my Note 7 there as well. Fit is actually pretty nice. Holds on really well and feels good in the hand. Adds to the thickness and weight of the phone of course, but not really the width at all, which is great. I almost picked it up, but waiting to see what my battery life/usage ends up really being like before I grab one.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Picked one up at an at&t store in San Antonio. Fit is nice and tight without being a pain to take off. I only bought it to top off my phone if it gets too low after using it all day and be able to continue using it as it charges. I wouldn't want to have it on my phone full time. Also, it can serve as a wireless charging pad for any phone that has wireless charging by placing the phone on it in a perpendicular fashion.