09-04-2016 10:22 AM
165 ... 567
tools
    Agreed. I woke up this morning and the forum had exploded. Must have been a recall lol.

I hadn't been charging at night the last 2 days while I let this skin dry so I'll just continue that until its replaced. No biggie.

Hopefully T-Mobile sms Samsung make it easy to walk in and exchange or mail out new device before turning in my current phone. I don't keep back up devices.
    Luckily I have one, but hopefully I won't have to use it. This will be a real test of Sammy's customer service and supply chain. If they handle this well they could get a lot of faithful customers. Problems happen and no company is above them. It's how companies deal with them thats the real test. I posted on one of the articles on AC that all the kudos kids is premature. Nobody really knows how all this will play out.
    09-02-2016 08:22 AM
    Luckily I have one, but hopefully I won't have to use it. This will be a real test of Sammy's customer service and supply chain. If they handle this well they could get a lot of faithful customers. Problems happen and no company is above them. It's how companies deal with them thats the real test. I posted on one of the articles on AC that all the kudos kids is premature. Nobody really knows how all this will play out.
    Yep, I'm just waiting for word from T-Mobile at this point. Until then, I'll continue to enjoy this phone.

If you stopped doing business with a company over a recall that's, for the vast majority of people, just an inconvenience, then you wouldn't own a car and you probably shouldn't eat any food you don't grow yourself.
    09-02-2016 08:39 AM
    Yep, I'm just waiting for word from T-Mobile at this point. Until then, I'll continue to enjoy this phone.

If you stopped doing business with a company over a recall that's, for the vast majority of people, just an inconvenience, then you wouldn't own a car and you probably shouldn't eat any food you don't grow yourself.
    I thought about calling T-Mobile, but I'm sure they're poor reps are hearing mouthfuls this morning.
    anon(782252) likes this.
    09-02-2016 08:43 AM
    I thought about calling T-Mobile, but I'm sure they're poor reps are hearing mouthfuls this morning.
    Lol yep, I pulled up their Twitter feed and it's all responses about this issue.
    09-02-2016 08:47 AM
    Lol yep, I pulled up their Twitter feed and it's all responses about this issue.
    Have you been reading the recall thread on here. It's hilarious!
    anon(782252) likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:11 AM
    Have you been reading the recall thread on here. It's hilarious!
    I've been away from the forums for a couple hours but I'll try to get caught up.

PS... sending you a PM
    09-02-2016 11:12 AM
    You ever install your slickwrap? If so what do you think?
    09-03-2016 09:16 PM
    You ever install your slickwrap? If so what do you think?
    I'd give it a not bad. Of course as soon as new units are available, there goes my wrap with the recalled phone.

I had some pretty stubborn bubbles on the back that I thought wouldn't come out but they are now gone. I might actually consider another one for the new phone. We'll see.
    777Uplift likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:39 PM
    I'd give it a not bad. Of course as soon as new units are available, there goes my wrap with the recalled phone.

I had some pretty stubborn bubbles on the back that I thought wouldn't come out but they are now gone. I might actually consider another one for the new phone. We'll see.
    I still haven't even opened my package yet. I was planning on putting mine on Friday, but we know that would've been pointless. I wouldn't blame you for getting another one b/c what you told me a couple days ago.

If you order it today it MIGHT be here by the time your new phone arrives. Haha!
    anon(782252) likes this.
    09-04-2016 09:20 AM
    I still haven't even opened my package yet. I was planning on putting mine on Friday, but we know that would've been pointless. I wouldn't blame you for getting another one b/c what you told me a couple days ago.

If you order it today it MIGHT be here by the time your new phone arrives. Haha!
    Lol yeah, I'm thinking about hitting them up. Literally every bubble came out of the back. I am really surprised. As much as I wiped it down with the microfiber I thought for sure some dust had jumped on there before I applied the wrap. But nope, just took a couple days for them to go away. It doesn't look exactly like holding a naked phone but it's pretty close.
    09-04-2016 09:25 AM
    Lol yeah, I'm thinking about hitting them up. Literally every bubble came out of the back. I am really surprised. As much as I wiped it down with the microfiber I thought for sure some dust had jumped on there before I applied the wrap. But nope, just took a couple days for them to go away. It doesn't look exactly like holding a naked phone but it's pretty close.
    I forgot to ask how it felt. With skins I've used in the past I initially like that they make the phone have better grip, but over time I find they tend to pick up lint from pockets.
    09-04-2016 09:45 AM
    I forgot to ask how it felt. With skins I've used in the past I initially like that they make the phone have better grip, but over time I find they tend to pick up lint from pockets.
    It feels pretty good but it's smooth. No texture. Provides more friction than just the glass back but nothing like the skin from dbrand I put on my GF's G4.

Lint, dust, etc is going to be an issue if it isn't on perfectly straight. I would say my back piece went on maybe 1/32" out of square and it created the smallest of gaps with one of the side pieces so I'm starting to get some stuff there. Not the end of the world but could become annoying.
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-04-2016 09:52 AM
    It feels pretty good but it's smooth. No texture. Provides more friction than just the glass back but nothing like the skin from dbrand I put on my GF's G4.

Lint, dust, etc is going to be an issue if it isn't on perfectly straight. I would say my back piece went on maybe 1/32" out of square and it created the smallest of gaps with one of the side pieces so I'm starting to get some stuff there. Not the end of the world but could become annoying.
    That's one of the reasons I don't usually apply the sides. I have a bad habit of stretching them accidentally when putting them on so they don't fit correctly. They annoy me instead of help. That's my user error though.
    anon(782252) likes this.
    09-04-2016 10:12 AM
    That's one of the reasons I don't usually apply the sides. I have a bad habit of stretching them accidentally when putting them on so they don't fit correctly. They annoy me instead of help. That's my user error though.
    Yeah, I hated how stretchy the sides were as soon as I pulled the first one off the sheet. They are just wide enough to cover the strip between the glass pieces so any fraction you are off on the back creates a gap.

It's staying down pretty well so far and the phone is in my pocket a lot. How it holds up in the long run is anyone's guess.
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-04-2016 10:19 AM
    Yeah, I hated how stretchy the sides were as soon as I pulled the first one off the sheet. They are just wide enough to cover the strip between the glass pieces so any fraction you are off on the back creates a gap.

It's staying down pretty well so far and the phone is in my pocket a lot. How it holds up in the long run is anyone's guess.
    Good to know. I may try and apply the sides when I get my replacement. Can't hurt. I can always just pull them off.
    anon(782252) likes this.
    09-04-2016 10:22 AM
165 ... 567