Official Samsung wireless charging battery case

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Really?! So you'd recommend it? I just had a bad experience with the s7 edge one. If you're saying this one is noticeably better though, I'd consider it
Yes I work at a phone store and have tried them both. Tomorrow I'll upload photos of the charging time for the note 7. Pretty much identical to a wireless charging pad which I thought was awesome. Also the fact that the charging pad is water resistant makes it a good option.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
How much of a boost are you getting in mah per charge? Is it only 50 percent of the 3100 mah of the pack as per spec, or are you getting more? Any less, it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Last edited:

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes I work at a phone store and have tried them both. Tomorrow I'll upload photos of the charging time for the note 7. Pretty much identical to a wireless charging pad which I thought was awesome. Also the fact that the charging pad is water resistant makes it a good option.
Alright, well I ordered one. I hope you're right lol. I'm with Verizon, but I ordered it from t-mobile so I could get 30% off with that coupon code.

mabelpines

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Ok. So I mean I wish it could be charged wirelessly itself. So I can lay that on the pad and have it charging while also charging the phone.

hqdefault.jpg

I heard it charges slower than a WW1 troop of soldiers (ha-ha), I'm holding out for Mophie but might just stick to powerbanks.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have to say that it looks damn ugly though and doesn't look like it offers much in the way of protection. Maybe it's a case to keep in a bag for standby situations but I wouldn't want it on my phone all the time.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have to say that it looks damn ugly though and doesn't look like it offers much in the way of protection. Maybe it's a case to keep in a bag for standby situations but I wouldn't want it on my phone all the time.
Yeah, that's what I did with the one for my S7 edge. I only put it on when my phone was dying and I wasn't going to be able to plug it in because I was on the go

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

As they say, " Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ".

I actually like the look of the case, even though it adds thickness to a thin phone.

No N7 in a case is as nice as what the phone looks like uncovered. But because the case is black, this case would only look good, in my eyes, with the black N7.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of these and it is going back as soon as I get home from vacation. It charges very slowly and it gets very warm. I am going for a less convenient way and I just got a 20,000 mAh charging pack with quick charging.

Here is the link if anyone is interested

https://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm-Cer...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5441297

In retrospect, I may not have had the wireless fast charging accessory setting turned on when I had this pack. I do like the battery pack I bought instead but now I wish I had a chance to see how it works with the correct setting turned on.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of these and it is going back as soon as I get home from vacation. It charges very slowly and it gets very warm. I am going for a less convenient way and I just got a 20,000 mAh charging pack with quick charging.

Here is the link if anyone is interested

https://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm-Cer...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5443833

I have one of these power banks as well but they are simply not comparable. Thwy have 2 different usage scenarios.

For me the wireless charging case is meant to be used when you're running out of juice but need to stay on your phone and the power bank is meant for scenarios where you can set the phone aside for a while to charge but you're not near an outlet.

Posted from my unlocked S7 Active/ stealth black Note 7/ peerless Note 4/ or iPad Pro 12.9

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
In retrospect, I may not have had the wireless fast charging accessory setting turned on when I had this pack. I do like the battery pack I bought instead but now I wish I had a chance to see how it works with the correct setting turned on.
It supports fast charging? I didn't think it did. I know the first one didn't. Still think I'm going to wait for a mophie. That should charge pretty quick in comparison.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It supports fast charging? I didn't think it did. I know the first one didn't. Still think I'm going to wait for a mophie. That should charge pretty quick in comparison.

Duh ... yeah, you are right. I went back and looked at the item and it did not say anything about fast charging, so my point was mute, lol. I do like the charging pack I bought. It fast charged not only my phone but my husband's tablet.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Duh ... yeah, you are right. I went back and looked at the item and it did not say anything about fast charging, so my point was mute, lol. I do like the charging pack I bought. It fast charged not only my phone but my husband's tablet.
I think if it could do fast wireless charging it would be a much more compelling case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar