Slim Cases - Any Suggestions

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Spigen crystal clear slim. It is awesome. I am not sure the structural difference in the neo hybrid, crystal slim or the other. I know there are 3. I know mine is the cheapest and least solid. I know the more expensive one has hard plastic on the back and the middle the rim. Or the other way around. If mine is the least secure then fine, but I love the feel so I will take that over security because if it doesn't feel right I take it off and then its less secure.

That's the same one I have. It's the least protective, but also the most comfortable to use. I get people want protection, but I can't stand those thick bulky cases that make the phone too wide and heavy. I find I'm actually more likely to drop the bulkier cases because they're less ergonomic.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
That's the same one I have. It's the least protective, but also the most comfortable to use. I get people want protection, but I can't stand those thick bulky cases that make the phone too wide and heavy. I find I'm actually more likely to drop the bulkier cases because they're less ergonomic.
I almost only buy cases within the first few weeks. IF i like it it may stay on for a while. Usually by 6 months its gone. I had the lgg4 which did not have the yearly renewal like the note does on verizon. So maybe I need to keep this one in good shape so I can get another one in a year.

I actually think it was your post I had read that maid me pick this one up. For what I do this one should be all the protection I need. I currently still have the plastic that came on the front of the phone. I am going to wait out some of the bugaboos with screen protectors. I had issues with my lgg4 which had issues before you put anything on the glass. I prefer nothing, like most people (I can not type any of this without thinking about condoms/sex), but also want to be safe. So far i can live with the case, but I am still not sure a glass, plastic or liquid screen protector will be as seamless or functional. I know many of the companies that sell those things will send replacements. but It takes time and patients to put those on correctly. No dust, prints and the edges done good enough to hold. I see good things about the verizon stuff but not much else. Many said they loved it only to update that it was failing. I am positive curved glass can upset the apple cart.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This Spigen case is working very nice for me. VERY thin, still able to use wireless fast charging with it on, able to use Samsung Pay with it on with no problems, & it looks nice.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GIUICPK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have this one and is IMO a nice case, since prefer the buttons not covered. I find it easier to press buttons by accident with the rubber extended buttons most cases have. Would be nice though if there was a case with more protection that also does not cover the buttons. Also like the rim on top and bottom that keeps the display off the surface if placed display down.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I almost only buy cases within the first few weeks. IF i like it it may stay on for a while. Usually by 6 months its gone. I had the lgg4 which did not have the yearly renewal like the note does on verizon. So maybe I need to keep this one in good shape so I can get another one in a year.

I actually think it was your post I had read that maid me pick this one up. For what I do this one should be all the protection I need. I currently still have the plastic that came on the front of the phone. I am going to wait out some of the bugaboos with screen protectors. I had issues with my lgg4 which had issues before you put anything on the glass. I prefer nothing, like most people (I can not type any of this without thinking about condoms/sex), but also want to be safe. So far i can live with the case, but I am still not sure a glass, plastic or liquid screen protector will be as seamless or functional. I know many of the companies that sell those things will send replacements. but It takes time and patients to put those on correctly. No dust, prints and the edges done good enough to hold. I see good things about the verizon stuff but not much else. Many said they loved it only to update that it was failing. I am positive curved glass can upset the apple cart.
I have a skin for the back of mine on order. Like you I don't use cases for very long, but I do want something to keep the back from getting scratched.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have this one and is IMO a nice case, since prefer the buttons not covered. I find it easier to press buttons by accident with the rubber extended buttons most cases have. Would be nice though if there was a case with more protection that also does not cover the buttons. Also like the rim on top and bottom that keeps the display off the surface if placed display down.

I just ordered this one then came back here and saw your post. I like it for the same reasons.

Bigriggy63

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the Slim Spigen also, plus I picked up the Caseology Parallax in Black. Nice protection, and button presses are very responsive. Highly recommended!
ad07a062475b9c12b8d22b52a1bd3f4f.jpg

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the Slim Spigen also, plus I picked up the Caseology Parallax in Black. Nice protection, and button presses are very responsive. Highly recommended!//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160922/ad07a062475b9c12b8d22b52a1bd3f4f.jpg

I've got the Caseology Parallax and also a thin CUVR carbon fibre case. The Caseology is nice but not as slim as some of the other cases including the CUVR. The CUVR seems to be a common case as I found a cheaper one off ebay for $5 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/CUVR-Ultra-L...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5445412

Hybrid Dual Layer Bumper Protective Case Slim Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 7 | eBay

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund