10-05-2016 01:16 PM
45 12
tools
    I just kept on the one that came on the phone out of the box. It works fine for now. I was told what ever screen protector you put on it is supposed to stick to the screen for 48hrs before putting on a case. Is this true and have any tried this successfully?
    Matt_james_matt likes this.
    09-24-2016 11:06 PM
    It's tough to make the call that a screen protector is case friendly since every case is different. I'm currently using the curved glass tempered one that works fine with 2 of my 3 cases. The 2 that they work with have better cuts for the edges and doesn't cause any peeling. The 3rd case covers a bit of the edge, that I didn't even try it with my screen protector.

I also recommend putting on the screen protector while you have the case on the phone so you know that it will fit properly. I've done it with my last 3 phones and its turned out great.
    09-25-2016 02:16 AM
    Just received my Samsung Note 7 screen protectors. I got them off of ebay. Install was easy. Had to lift it a couple of times to get the bubble but and there was no sticking issues etc. The material is bit more pliable than regular hard PET protectors, yet not as soft as Zagg, Spigen Flex etc. The S Pen doesnt leave any marks etc. It does have an oleophobic coating, so fingerprints wipe off easily.

Most importantly, case friendly. Ive used a tech 2, Ringke Air and Sparin case and no lifting. With my Zagg, it lifted with all of them.

I hope Samsung starts selling these directly to North America.
    This sounds interesting - thanks for this post.

My ILLUMI Acquashield is better than the previous PLESON, but both are TPU and therefore a bit rubbery and not the best for using the stylus. The ILLUMI does install perfectly, and the edges stay down even with my minimal case.

But, the rubbery surface leaves imprints of what I write. Then, once the surface is uneven from my writing, when I write over that area the Spen touch becomes intermittent over the uneven surface. I'd really like a harder surface.
    09-25-2016 08:19 AM
    Anyone have a link to the OEM protector?
    09-25-2016 02:52 PM
    http://www.mobilefun.com/60374-offic...-twin-pack.htm

It's a UK company (I think). Placed an order a few days ago, takes up to 15 days so not a quick fix. Still waiting but they seem legit
    09-25-2016 03:24 PM
    Just got my Samsung screen protector and so far I'm loving it.

I had the YooTech on before and didn't like it. It slightly diminished the resolution and just didn't glide smooth on my fingertips. It applied great at first but started to lift on all sides. And S Pen performance wasn't too bad but there was a slight stickiness which could be a positive feeling almost like writing on paper.

The Samsung Screen Protector being a dry install was a b***h to work the bubbles out but I got them all out. And it's as close to glass as one could get. Resolution is not compromised. S pen glides and no gritty feeling on my fingertips as I glide across the screen. And you get two protectors.

And it works with my case. A winner so far.
    shaw1234 likes this.
    09-26-2016 04:18 PM
    Just got my Samsung screen protector and so far I'm loving it.

I had the YooTech on before and didn't like it. It slightly diminished the resolution and just didn't glide smooth on my fingertips. It applied great at first but started to lift on all sides. And S Pen performance wasn't too bad but there was a slight stickiness which could be a positive feeling almost like writing on paper.

The Samsung Screen Protector being a dry install was a b***h to work the bubbles out but I got them all out. And it's as close to glass as one could get. Resolution is not compromised. S pen glides and no gritty feeling on my fingertips as I glide across the screen. And you get two protectors.

And it works with my case. A winner so far.
    Where did you buy the OEM Samsung protector?
    09-26-2016 08:32 PM
    Just got mine. It's tough to find it anywhere in the states. A seller in Amazon has it for $35. I got it on mobilefun. It's a UK company but I got it in a week for $20. Getting the bubbles out is a pain like was said but I'm waiting a bit before I try the cases I have
    09-26-2016 08:58 PM
    Ebay...
    09-26-2016 09:00 PM
    Mobilfun is out of stock. What was the eBay price?
    09-26-2016 09:44 PM
    Mobilfun is out of stock. What was the eBay price?
    I wanna say it was $32 for a 2 pk
    09-26-2016 11:33 PM
    Thanks!!
    09-27-2016 08:03 AM
    This seller on eBay. I can confirm that he is selling genuine Samsung products.
    I do not like the Samsung OEM protectors though. The Bodyguardz HD Contour is much better.

Genuine Samsung Screen Protector 2pack for Galaxy Note 7 SM N930 Perfect Fit | eBay
    09-27-2016 09:25 AM
    This seller on eBay. I can confirm that he is selling genuine Samsung products.
    I do not like the Samsung OEM protectors though. The Bodyguardz HD Contour is much better.

Genuine Samsung Screen Protector 2pack for Galaxy Note 7 SM N930 Perfect Fit | eBay
    The Bodyguardz has not-so-great reviews on Amazon. Did you do a review of this product on this forum?
    09-28-2016 09:00 AM
    I just got the official one. No good with a case. Gets pushed right off. Naked or center only protectors are the only option for case users.
    10-01-2016 11:59 AM
    The genuine Samsung screen protector works great with the tech21 evo tactical xt case.
    10-03-2016 08:01 PM
    Bought the Samsung screen protectors from Mobile Fun. Currently priced at $16.49 ($2.99 for standard USPS shipping). Will hopefully get them within the next 9 days. I got my second YooTech replacement (third total) today. My issue with them previously was that they seemed like they had debris already on the sticky side of the screen protector, resulting in annoying bubbles. The Skinomi matte one that I originally used was a full side-to-side film, yet it still worked fine with my cases. From all the videos I've seen, it leaves a tad bit of room on the left and right sides for better case compatibility. I'm looking forward to trying that first hand.
    10-03-2016 09:43 PM
    This sounds interesting - thanks for this post.

My ILLUMI Acquashield is better than the previous PLESON, but both are TPU and therefore a bit rubbery and not the best for using the stylus. The ILLUMI does install perfectly, and the edges stay down even with my minimal case.

But, the rubbery surface leaves imprints of what I write. Then, once the surface is uneven from my writing, when I write over that area the Spen touch becomes intermittent over the uneven surface. I'd really like a harder surface.
    I was going to try this one, but they sent me the wrong one. The package said it was for the Note 7, but the product inside was not.
    10-04-2016 11:02 AM
    If you use the spen it's not a good option. It leaves permanent indentions/marks on the protector even with slight pressure.
    10-05-2016 11:55 AM
    Swap the pen tip of the s pen to the gray tip. Worked well for me.
    10-05-2016 01:16 PM
45 12