Official Samsung Note 7 Screen protector is the only legit choice right now

Matt_james_matt

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I had the offical Samsung one and I liked it it fitted over the edges good I had the Samsung led case on with it and it was fine it didn't lift at all 1 of the edges would sometimes lift as I didn't put the screen protector on properly in the center and applying it was really hard for me hahah I had a lot of bubbles but then took it to a local case shop and they got rid of all the bubbles the only problem I had is it was fairly soft so if I put pressure with like my nail or pushed hard with spen it would leave a mark but I didn't mined that and with my gear vr near the home button it would sort of peel it up a bit but again because it wasn't on straight otherwise I thought it was a good one now with the recall I didn't put it back on as the Samsung employee told me there was one already on straight out of the box and showed me and I said yeah I'm happy with that one when I first got it I noticed this one on it 2 but the texture was horrible it was so grippy and you couldn't even slide your finger on it but after a proper wipe it feels great and it doesn't go over the edges but I thought it doesn't really matter its on perfectly and its only gonna get scratches on front anyway not the edges so its fine

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I've went through two Bodyquardz SP. One on my pre-recall and one on my replacement N7. Both peeled up on the edges after a day or two.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Between my original device and my replacement device I went through at least 5 screen protectors for this phone eventually all of them peeled in the corners, I'm just going to rock my phone naked if it scratches oh well at the end of the day it's only a cell phone

Last edited:

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I just kept on the one that came on the phone out of the box. It works fine for now. I was told what ever screen protector you put on it is supposed to stick to the screen for 48hrs before putting on a case. Is this true and have any tried this successfully?

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It's tough to make the call that a screen protector is case friendly since every case is different. I'm currently using the curved glass tempered one that works fine with 2 of my 3 cases. The 2 that they work with have better cuts for the edges and doesn't cause any peeling. The 3rd case covers a bit of the edge, that I didn't even try it with my screen protector.

I also recommend putting on the screen protector while you have the case on the phone so you know that it will fit properly. I've done it with my last 3 phones and its turned out great.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Just received my Samsung Note 7 screen protectors. I got them off of ebay. Install was easy. Had to lift it a couple of times to get the bubble but and there was no sticking issues etc. The material is bit more pliable than regular hard PET protectors, yet not as soft as Zagg, Spigen Flex etc. The S Pen doesnt leave any marks etc. It does have an oleophobic coating, so fingerprints wipe off easily.

Most importantly, case friendly. Ive used a tech 2, Ringke Air and Sparin case and no lifting. With my Zagg, it lifted with all of them.

I hope Samsung starts selling these directly to North America.

This sounds interesting - thanks for this post.

My ILLUMI Acquashield is better than the previous PLESON, but both are TPU and therefore a bit rubbery and not the best for using the stylus. The ILLUMI does install perfectly, and the edges stay down even with my minimal case.

But, the rubbery surface leaves imprints of what I write. Then, once the surface is uneven from my writing, when I write over that area the Spen touch becomes intermittent over the uneven surface. I'd really like a harder surface.

Last edited:

MzKoKoNY

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Just got my Samsung screen protector and so far I'm loving it.

I had the YooTech on before and didn't like it. It slightly diminished the resolution and just didn't glide smooth on my fingertips. It applied great at first but started to lift on all sides. And S Pen performance wasn't too bad but there was a slight stickiness which could be a positive feeling almost like writing on paper.

The Samsung Screen Protector being a dry install was a b***h to work the bubbles out but I got them all out. And it's as close to glass as one could get. Resolution is not compromised. S pen glides and no gritty feeling on my fingertips as I glide across the screen. And you get two protectors.

And it works with my case. A winner so far.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Samsung screen protector and so far I'm loving it.

I had the YooTech on before and didn't like it. It slightly diminished the resolution and just didn't glide smooth on my fingertips. It applied great at first but started to lift on all sides. And S Pen performance wasn't too bad but there was a slight stickiness which could be a positive feeling almost like writing on paper.

The Samsung Screen Protector being a dry install was a b***h to work the bubbles out but I got them all out. And it's as close to glass as one could get. Resolution is not compromised. S pen glides and no gritty feeling on my fingertips as I glide across the screen. And you get two protectors.

And it works with my case. A winner so far.

Where did you buy the OEM Samsung protector?

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine. It's tough to find it anywhere in the states. A seller in Amazon has it for $35. I got it on mobilefun. It's a UK company but I got it in a week for $20. Getting the bubbles out is a pain like was said but I'm waiting a bit before I try the cases I have

csmall

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got the official one. No good with a case. Gets pushed right off. Naked or center only protectors are the only option for case users.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21