Best case with a kickstand?

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Spigen Tough Armor to use with my Note 7. I had the Tough Armor on my S5 which I liked, and liked it on my Note 7, except the kickstand is very hard to pop out, especially if you are someone who bites their fingernails. I always have to try and wedge something like a pen into it to pop it out, and last night I ended up breaking the kickstand off.

Before I go and buy another Tough Armor, is there a comparable alternative, possibly one whose kickstand is easier to get out?

Thank you

catloverplayer

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Spigen sells a kickstand that you can attach to most phones and it's easy to get out. You can get it on amazon for $10. I have one.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I was at Best Buy and the Samsung "consultant" had his Note 7 in a Spigen Slim Armor. He had the silver Note 7 and the silver case and the combo looked VERY nice. I have a VRS case and I love the color (Rose Gold), but admittedly the kickstand isn't very strong and the case does have a bit of a loose feel to it. Having said that, the phone has never come out of the case and I walk with it 2 - 4 miles at least 3 or 4 times a week, not to mention the daily use (in and out of the purse, the car charger bracket, etc.). AND I'm careful when using the kickstand to not "slam" it down on the counter...so just using some gentleness when putting it down will keep the kickstand from failing.

But back to the Spigen...it looked great, and felt great, too. Felt more secure on the device itself (than my VRS) and the kickstand felt stronger. It's a shame that even though the kickstand is oriented differently, it does not hold the phone in portrait. Only landscape. If they offered it in rose gold I'd be all over it. I'm seriously considering the regular gold just because the case looked that nice.

I just ordered this...I suspect most of the reviews are, yet again, fake (received the item for free or discounted). I'm getting VERY SICK of this on Amazon. Used to be my go-to place for reviews but they just can't be trusted anymore. Very disappointing.

Anyhoo...this is it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5398545

Hasn't arrived yet. I wanted to try a case that I could carry my ID and/or some money in. I had a $50 stuck in my VRS case but it's loose enough that I think if dropped the case might come off...and of course don't want my exploding battery to burn the $50. So that has since been removed...

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the Spigen Ultra Hybrid S, and like it a lot. Kickstand is easy to deploy, and I say that as someone who struggles to open a can of coconut water, with my large fingers and no fingernails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay