Finally got my email saying the defender was ready for order..

Saw it just after getting from returning my Note7 lol!

I still won't order the case or buy it until i get a new 7, and can try it on in store.
    09-15-2016 11:56 PM
    Finally got my email saying the defender was ready for order..

Saw it just after getting from returning my Note7 lol!

I still won't order the case or buy it until i get a new 7, and can try it on in store.
    If Amazon is cheaper, just take it into Best Buy when they them in and price match.

I returned mine the other day for an Edge! I'm interested into knowing how this new design works with the hard screen protector and if they use it for all the galaxy phones now. You said you had the Defender for the edge right, and the screen protector was tight fitting and allowed less dust in? I'm supposed to have the Edge defender in the mail from Amazon today. Was only 36 bucks and nearly impossible to find in stores because they sell out. Sticking with this until S8 Edge.
    09-16-2016 01:42 AM
    The defender for the s7 edge seemed to work ok, it made triggering the edge panel a little more hit or miss. I returned it pretty quick because there were a couple of raises in the screen protector that were really annoying.

I hope the new design works well for the note7, we will just have to wait n see.
    09-16-2016 11:48 AM
    I have the s7 edge and this is the best fitting screen protector they have ever made, there is no gap, I don't get dust underneath, edge features work fine, the only drawback is you have to press harder on the keys near the curves but you get used to it after a few days
    09-17-2016 09:07 AM
    Does Best Buy have the Note 7 Defender case in stores?
    09-17-2016 10:46 AM
    The defender for the s7 edge seemed to work ok, it made triggering the edge panel a little more hit or miss. I returned it pretty quick because there were a couple of raises in the screen protector that were really annoying.

I hope the new design works well for the note7, we will just have to wait n see.
    I had the same issues with the S7E. I was excited about the protection it offered but not the screen hit and miss.

I think they'll have a better time with the N7 because the edges aren't as pronounced as they are on the S7E
    09-17-2016 11:04 AM
    I had the same issues with the S7E. I was excited about the protection it offered but not the screen hit and miss.

I think they'll have a better time with the N7 because the edges aren't as pronounced as they are on the S7E
    I think the curves on the screen have actually helped the design of the screen protector, I've had several Defenders with flat screen phones and wound up ripping out all the screen protectors because there was always a gap that would collect dust, the S7 Edge's Defender fits so well and tight, I have no dust issues.
    09-19-2016 07:26 AM
    The defender is getting crappy reviews on Amazon and they're no longer in stock from Amazon or otterbox. I wonder if they already pulled them to redesign it. Seems like they ran out of stock really fast. I can't see it taking almost a month after the phone coming out and then only making a couple thousand.
    09-19-2016 08:49 AM
    The defender is getting crappy reviews on Amazon and they're no longer in stock from Amazon or otterbox. I wonder if they already pulled them to redesign it. Seems like they ran out of stock really fast. I can't see it taking almost a month after the phone coming out and then only making a couple thousand.
    Otterbox has some in stock. Amazon never did, but a couple people who get it elsewhere posted reviews the past couple days and they were not very good. The S7 edge defender I have the screen protector is thicker than on past ones and fits very tight so no gaps. However do to it being a bit thicker it requires you to press a bit harder. Still best thing out there right now for screen protection and it sits very snug and flush.
    09-19-2016 08:53 PM
    My defender has shipped from Otterbox. Amazon still says ships in 1 - 2 months. Hoping mine gets here before i can exchange my phone. My wife has the S7 edge defender and has no issues.
    09-19-2016 09:53 PM
    fails miserably in the last 3 recent reviews from Amazon. Buttons suck and the SP sucks. consistent negatives with the last 3 recent reviews.
    09-19-2016 10:53 PM
    It's arriving for me today, so I'll let you all know how it turns out.
    ctychick likes this.
    09-20-2016 10:44 AM
    All right, so I've had the defender on and here's a few thoughts. This case is like previous versions with the plastic screen protector that you could pop out if so desired. The case is slimmer, but feels tough. It charges wireless pretty easily. Unlike the amazon reviews, I've had no problem with the power and/or volume buttons. They work as they should. The case feels sturdy. Because of the rubber outside, it doesn't slip when holding it. Of the different cases I've tried, this one has one of the easiest access to the s pen. Because of the lip at the bottom, the home button feels flush against the device. Because of the kind of screen protector, it kinda of bubbles out at times and you have to press the screen a little harder. Overall, I'm pleased with it. If anybody has any questions, go ahead and post and I'll respond. Here's a few pictures.

09-21-2016 04:11 AM