opinions... UAG case Vs. Unicorn Beetle Pro

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I always used UAG cases and I love them. This Unicorn Beetle Pro had me curious though. Looks very nice for the money. Dust covers, great protection, extra front protection with the faceplate that covers part of the top and bottom on phone face and of course holster/clip.

What are your opinions between the 2? Thank you

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Unicorn Beetle for my G4 and it does protect very well from drops/impacts. I only have two complaints about it.

The dust covers stop fully closing if you use those ports a lot. It's a flexible material hinge, so it's to be expected.

It also seems to be bad about collecting crud under the lips that is hard to clean out and could scratch the phone. In fact, the parts of my G4 inside the case are in worse condition than the exposed parts. A trade-off I had to make for the drop protection I needed due to my work environment.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm using UAG and like that it gives great protection but staying thinner than most other cases. Only downside is no built in screen protection. I went with skinomi and havent had any issues with it staying on.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I don't have the UGA so I can't really compare the two. But something I noticed about the Supcase Unicore Beetle Pro and the holster...

The Holster doesn't put the Note7 to sleep while its in it. And there is a decent gap while in the holster, so the AOD is always active, unless you turn the feature off manually in the settings. Something else I nocited was, while the case itself is really good at keeping the edges of screen protectors down, if you're not careful about putting the case on, it can start to left the screen protector, and using the belt clip also has a tendency to force the edges of the case to push up parts of the screen protector. I have a Zagg on mine, and it's been pretty good so far, without the holster. The upside to the Beetle Pro is that it doesn't seem to add too much bulk to the device so it still slips into my pants pocket without issue.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't have the UAG case so I can't really comment on it, I do have the SupCase, I have had it on the N7 since day one and really like it. it does not add allot of bulk, the holster holds the phone well but took some getting used to because i'm used to the Sedio style holsters (top load vs side load). the dust covers are ok, I did remove the one for the USB C port because the power connector was sitting on it while plugged in and would have caused stress on the port over time. I do miss having a kick stand. (One thing i liked about it, there is good protection around the s-pen port, some cases give up protection there for ease of access to the pen).

Cheers,
BR

Last edited:

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the UAG case for mine. Love it. But I'm a case freak so I switch my cases weekly. Keeps them looking new and the device feeling new.

I'm not a fan of thick cases but this isn't bad. It's actually thinner for protection it gives.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I have both cases but for the S7 Edge, both are really good but I'd give the edge to the Supcase, it's more protective on the front and with the port covers plus you get the holster, I don't use holsters but it's a good one if you do use it.

Taigatrommel

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I don't own the UAG but I'm using the Unicorn Beetle Pro since I got the phone. For the price it is a great heavy duty case without any real faults. The good stuff: It fits well, the dust flaps are a bit stiff but work well, the openings for speakers and mics are very precise, the opening for the S-Pen is pretty large so you can comfortably remove it. Both case parts hold together tightly, so even on a heavy drop it is unlikely the phone will get out of the case. The back has six rubber "pads" which prevents the phone from sliding around on flat surfaces.

The only real downside is removing the case, which can be quite a pain because it just holds so well. Also the rubber around the case is pretty stiff and I am not sure how much of an actual shock absorbtion there is on this case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss