10-12-2016 12:43 PM
978 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I have to say that I am getting a bit frustrated. I don't want to keep using this thing. I don't want to get stuck with a phone I don't want if the replacements are here in a week, especially considering the 3rd party accessories I've purchased. Sprint won't offer loaners. I don't have a backup phone to switch to. I think I will just keep it off as much as I can. I probably can get by with having it on 3-4 hours per day.
    09-13-2016 09:50 AM
    Update on my 'upgrade' to s7 edge from Note 7 as a loaner. I was past 14 days.
    So, I got all the money back on the Note 7. ($35 I was supposed to pay as monthly installment was cancelled, and $81 I paid for taxes and activation on day 1 was returned back to my credit card as refund). I did pay around $76 for s7 edge during 'upgrade' ($30 as 'upgrade' fee + taxes on s7 edge). Now, I hope, they will again reverse everything for s7 edge when I go back and ask to exchange it for the new non-exploding Note 7.
    09-13-2016 10:27 AM
    Update on my 'upgrade' to s7 edge from Note 7 as a loaner. I was past 14 days.
    So, I got all the money back on the Note 7. ($35 I was supposed to pay as monthly installment was cancelled, and $81 I paid for taxes and activation on day 1 was returned back to my credit card as refund). I did pay around $76 for s7 edge during 'upgrade' ($30 as 'upgrade' fee + taxes on s7 edge). Now, I hope, they will again reverse everything for s7 edge when I go back and ask to exchange it for the new non-exploding Note 7.
    Then they we recharge u for the taxes on the note 7 because they refunded it
    09-13-2016 12:15 PM
    I just got off the phone with a 'Lifestyle Wireless' (non-corp) store. The clerk said they had a new email this morning stating that Sprint had replacements in their possession, but are in the process of testing them. This store is telling callers that it will be one to two weeks before replacements are available. That said, the clerk also said they could be here tomorrow, they just don't know.

I realize this is not a great deal of new information, but it is something.
    toenail_flicker and Gray Area like this.
    09-13-2016 01:47 PM
    I just got off the phone with a 'Lifestyle Wireless' (non-corp) store. The clerk said they had a new email this morning stating that Sprint had replacements in their possession, but are in the process of testing them. This store is telling callers that it will be one to two weeks before replacements are available. That said, the clerk also said they could be here tomorrow, they just don't know.

Frankly, I would be shocked if all carriers, and large retailers did NOT have new stock. Everyone is just waiting for CPSC to finish their process, and approve the new devices. Samsung wants this nightmare to end ASAP.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-13-2016 02:00 PM

It's nothing new. I posted a few days ago that when i got a call from Samsung the lady even told me that stores have them in stock but are under orders to not let 1 of them out of the cage until the cpsc gives the ok to release them. If you remember way back last week or before sprint stores had said they would have them Friday and then the halt came from the cpsc and the phones still got delivered to places but with a memo of do not touch till further notice.

I know that no Sprint or any store wants to lose there job and let 1 of them out of there site till given the ok but i would be willing to bet that many stores around the country have them in stock in a cage that says do not toch till further notice.
    09-13-2016 02:03 PM
    That's some BS with Best Buy. You should tell Samsung and have their booths removed from all Best Buy stores
    09-13-2016 02:53 PM
    Well thats a joke.

On a side note I decided to take insurance with Samsung $129 and a $99 deductible .
    Only downside is does not cover theaft or loss.
    Did not want to pay asurion $200 to get a used phone back.
    What about checking Square Trade for insurance?
    09-13-2016 03:03 PM
    ST doesn't cover loss or theft either.
    What about checking Square Trade for insurance?
    09-13-2016 03:04 PM
    Bummer!
    09-13-2016 03:09 PM
    Yes. Already did my due diligence. There are three main companies - besides through your carrier - that offer insurance. The ones that don't have theft and loss have low deductibles, but you possibly still need to cover for the loss and theft depending on your carrier. Some folks can put it on their Personal Articles policy. I can't. I tried to find more, but except for carrier insurance I found nothing more.

If anyone knows a company besides carrier insurance or the ones below, please post links.

Samsung Protection Plus
    Worth Ave Group
    Square Trade

Bummer!
    09-13-2016 03:20 PM
    agreed
    09-13-2016 03:36 PM
    Ok, just got off the phone from my local Sprint store. I asked them if they have any stock on the Note 7. They say that the don't and still waiting to hear from Samsung and did inform me of my options. HOWEVER, when they asked where I purchased the phone I said I pre-ordered it from Sprint.com. They said that I would have to go that route in getting a replacement phone. I explained to them that when I inquired about it last week on the chat from Sprint.com, they said that I could go to any Sprint store for a replacement. I asked them if it mattered if I pre-ordered it online and they said no. I said to them that since I pre-ordered it and it was sent to my home and I returned my Note 5 that I should be given the same courtesy when new phones are available. They then gave me a ticket number and to contact Samsung. Fast forward to the call from today and he said that they do not have a loaner program here and that I would either exchange for S7 or S7edge, refund, but he strongly suggested that I shut the phone down, despite me not having any issues. Going back to the chat to see what they say this time. Any advice or suggestions?
    09-13-2016 03:51 PM
    Sprint told me I could go to ANY corporate store to do an exchange when the time comes. Period. I was advised to print out the chat session and bring it in if they gave me any guff.
    09-13-2016 03:58 PM
    And that is the clincher.
    corporate store
    09-13-2016 04:10 PM
    I went into a different corporate Sprint store today. We were just about to do the Note 7 for S7 edge swap when he had to stop because I bought the phone from Sprint.com on a 2 year contract. The contracts are only available online or through Best Buy. So I went back home and contacted Sprint on another chat and was told to call in and set up an advance exchange, which I did and they will ship a new Note 7 to me when they are available. So, I'm once again back to using the time bomb I do have an LG G2 sitting here but I just can't.
    09-13-2016 04:21 PM
    Other than calling what did you have to do to get this advance exchange. Mine was shipped to me. I'm not on a contract, but I am on an installment plan because the deal was just so juicy.
    set up an advance exchange, which I did and they will ship a new Note 7 to me when they are available.
    09-13-2016 05:56 PM
    Other than calling what did you have to do to get this advance exchange. Mine was shipped to me. I'm not on a contract, but I am on an installment plan because the deal was just so juicy.
    I just called (888) 211-4727, navigated through the phone tree to get to a live person and asked for the Advance Exchange Team. It was handled very quickly once I was on with them. I just got the email saying my shipment is on back order as expected.
    09-13-2016 06:03 PM
    Thanks!
    09-13-2016 06:32 PM
    I just called (888) 211-4727, navigated through the phone tree to get to a live person and asked for the Advance Exchange Team. It was handled very quickly once I was on with them. I just got the email saying my shipment is on back order as expected.
    Just did the same thing. (Thanks for the info!)
    She told me that the phones were to be shipped on the 16th but was changed to the 21st. We'll see how that goes.
    09-13-2016 08:07 PM
    I just wish more stores would do the double swap. I'm not switching back to my g3 or s5 and I gave my note 5 to my father in law. I absolutely love this phone and just want to not have to worry about melting my leg or burning down my house.

I downloaded gsam to set an alarm for battery temp and overvoltage, but from what I read you don't really have much time once the battery shorts out till its a fireball.
    vferrari likes this.
    09-13-2016 08:11 PM
    I just got an email from Sprint saying my replacement Note 7 is being processed... For whatever that's worth... ๐Ÿ˜‘
    09-13-2016 08:25 PM
    I just got an email from Sprint saying my replacement Note 7 is being processed... For whatever that's worth... ๐Ÿ˜‘
    Are you using a replacment phone have you traded or was this out of the blue?
    09-13-2016 09:26 PM
    Are you using a replacment phone have you traded or was this out of the blue?
    No, I kept my Note 7. And since mine was a pre-order through the web, they allowed me to "pre-order" the replacement to be shipped when available. I did that on Friday. Then tonight I got an email saying my pre-order replacement was processing. Not really sure how to interpret that. lol
    09-13-2016 09:59 PM
    They're sitting on it until the CPSC says it's "okay". At least you're processing.
    Not really sure how to interpret that. lol
    09-13-2016 10:10 PM
978 ... 910111213 ...