Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
When I went to my Sprint store,at the mall in Fort Gratiot, Mi last Saturday,the 10th. T
hey immediately began to talk me out of it. One said that there have only been 7 phones with this issue. They told me my phone was not going to catch fire, that it was safe. When I insisted to get a loaner for it , the manager said I would have to get a flip phone, like I was being punished. I asked about the J phone I had read about being the phone I should get as a loaner & they told me that it was only for "select" stores. Then I asked about an S7 or S7 edge & they told me that I would not be able to get the Note 7 when it was fixed. He finally gave me a cracked S4. Monday I called Sprint and was given the run around for the entire day. No one seemed to "be able" to do anything about it. I was even told that Sprint is not participating in the loaner program and that they have nothing to do with the recall. I am hoping someone from Sprint will see this and maybe do something. Or maybe somebody can help me contact the correct person, because these so called customer care people couldn't care less.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
When I went to my Sprint store,at the mall in Fort Gratiot, Mi last Saturday,the 10th. T
hey immediately began to talk me out of it. One said that there have only been 7 phones with this issue. They told me my phone was not going to catch fire, that it was safe. When I insisted to get a loaner for it , the manager said I would have to get a flip phone, like I was being punished. I asked about the J phone I had read about being the phone I should get as a loaner & they told me that it was only for "select" stores. Then I asked about an S7 or S7 edge & they told me that I would not be able to get the Note 7 when it was fixed. He finally gave me a cracked S4. Monday I called Sprint and was given the run around for the entire day. No one seemed to "be able" to do anything about it. I was even told that Sprint is not participating in the loaner program and that they have nothing to do with the recall. I am hoping someone from Sprint will see this and maybe do something. Or maybe somebody can help me contact the correct person, because these so called customer care people couldn't care less.

Wow! Just wow!

Joel Miller

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a very similar issue in Michigan. First store I went to said they couldn't help me because I ordered my phone through sprint telesales and sent me to a corporate store. The 2nd store told me that there was only 35 (at the time) cases of phones blowing up. After I explained to them and coached them on the severity of this topic they did some research and agreed to loan me an S7...... Then they tried to charge me for activation fees and said I would have to pay activation fees again when the new N7 comes in (even though they would reimburse me for the first activation. I said no screw you and left.

yankees2287

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
i just got off the phone with sprint. i asked them since i ordered the phone online, how would i go about exchanging when the new phones come in. they said that i can go to any store and they would be able to change out the phones. lets see if and when this happens, how easy it will be.

cincydavid513

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I had a very similar issue in Michigan. First store I went to said they couldn't help me because I ordered my phone through sprint telesales and sent me to a corporate store. The 2nd store told me that there was only 35 (at the time) cases of phones blowing up. After I explained to them and coached them on the severity of this topic they did some research and agreed to loan me an S7...... Then they tried to charge me for activation fees and said I would have to pay activation fees again when the new N7 comes in (even though they would reimburse me for the first activation. I said no screw you and left.

I had similar situation and just called sprint this morning.. they're sending me one when they get them in a few weeks is what i was told anyways

The_Dude_2016

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Not sure about you guys but I am losing hope. I have a feeling they will phase out the N7 and move on to the next version, I think they will still replace ours but not looking good at this point for us who ventured early in the game. I mean it has been almost 2 weeks and neither stores or samsung has a clue what will happen next.

DKinMN

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Ludicrous. They've already made 2.5 million units. They aren't moving on from that. We'll get our phones, though we will have overpaid for them once they knock a hundred and fifty bucks off to get people to buy them at Christmas. That's that. We'll have new phones by the end of the month.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
That's what I thought, but it's odd that the first one said it was received, then 5 days later saying it was updated to processing. Was just hoping that meant the wheel was starting to move. lol

Through the phone, but it took all day. lol I eventually bitched on Twitter about getting the run around while trying to get my Q's answered. So Sprint had someone from Tech Support contact me. And in the process of asking Q's he offered to get me pre-ordered for a replacement. I was told they will exchange through the mail if you are more than 1hr from a corporate store...

Just wasted 90 minutes of my life on the phone with sprint talking to multiple people trying to get the same "pre-order." I also pre-ordered online the first day it was available. No such luck, as all they kept saying is there would be a notification once the new Notes are available. Oh well, I tried!

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Just wasted 90 minutes of my life on the phone with sprint talking to multiple people trying to get the same "pre-order." I also pre-ordered online the first day it was available. No such luck, as all they kept saying is there would be a notification once the new Notes are available. Oh well, I tried!

Did you talk with Tech Support or Sales? CS on Twitter called me and connected me to Tech Support. He said he had done a lot of these pre-order arrangements for those keeping their Note 7's. The key is saying you are more than an hour from a corporate store tho. (Otherwise they tell you to go to corporate.) It only took about 5min.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Did you talk with Tech Support or Sales? CS on Twitter called me and connected me to Tech Support. He said he had done a lot of these pre-order arrangements for those keeping their Note 7's. The key is saying you are more than an hour from a corporate store tho. (Otherwise they tell you to go to corporate.) It only took about 5min.

I spoke to both, neither seemed to have any idea about a method to preorder the new Note 7. Guess it depends on who you get on the other line, as is often the case. I might try again then and hope for different results. Thanks

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I just called (888) 211-4727, navigated through the phone tree to get to a live person and asked for the Advance Exchange Team. It was handled very quickly once I was on with them. I just got the email saying my shipment is on back order as expected.

I have no idea how you guys get these lol i called 3x talked to 3 different departments and asked for the Exchange team and each time was told the exchange team is your local store and take it there once they come in stock. I even got to a exchange department and was told they will not do it and to do it at the store. and lastly even did a chat and got a head team member and said to them i do not want to do it at the store and again was told that is the only option now.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I have no idea how you guys get these lol i called 3x talked to 3 different departments and asked for the Exchange team and each time was told the exchange team is your local store and take it there once they come in stock. I even got to a exchange department and was told they will not do it and to do it at the store. and lastly even did a chat and got a head team member and said to them i do not want to do it at the store and again was told that is the only option now.

And this is why most are upset and hesitant to take their phones in. Every carrier is saying something different and it's even different within the carriers own ranks.
This whole thing was handled poorly. Samsung should have had a across the board return policy for EVERY CARRIER.
Loners were given out...then it stopped.
You can exchange it for a s7 or s7e till the new n7 come in, then it changed to that's your upgrade (If i wanted an s7 or s7e I would have gotten one in the first place). I for one wouldntmid if they said ok...replacements are out. For our mess up, when the N8 comes out...order it and we will send you a return package. Return it and we will send you a visa gift card for $×××.00.
That way no carriers can put their greed in the mix and you just call to updated your device for their system. And it's ONLY for ppl that pre-ordered.
Just my 2 cents.

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, the longer this goes on (not that I feel it has been excessive), the more time I have to think about the situation. Many countries have joined the travel restrictions for the Note 7. The latest to join is China (where they have also now instituted a recall). It will be quite some time, if ever, that we'll really be able to use these devices on planes, and now trains. I really don't want an S7 (had I wanted one, I would've gotten one at the beginning of the year). I don't want one as a trade because I'm now seriously considering the issues that the Note 7 faces, and I'm not as sure as I was that I still want the device (which hurts because it is a GREAT device). Given that the new S8 will be out in less than 6 months (perhaps earlier, if rumors are true), I can't see getting a device (S7) that will be outdated so soon, at full price. I might just go back to Note 4, or even buy a cheaper S6E to get by until the S8 or perhaps even the Note 8 hit the market. **SIGH**

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I've been swimming around in the n7 forums and figured I would throw my .02 in concerning this whole situation.

Start with the stores. They have little to no information and quite honestly are the bottom of the food chain for information. These updates come via internal email and very often the store reps don't check it. So if you're trying to get anything out of them, you might as well be talking to a rock.

Call centers can be a hit or miss depending on how your call is routed. If you get an agent in the states the chances you'll get correct information is about 75%. If you get an outsource agent, that drops down to 10%. Once again, it all boils down to information flow and outsource centers are the last to know. Agents in the states have the opportunity to access the info as it comes. Just a matter if you have someone who is into the product or just there to get a check.

The media. Well...it's the media. They aren't in this to sell phones. They want ratings. Trusting the news on this recall is crazy and it's been proven quite a few times.

Carrier and Samsung website will be the most accurate. If it's posted there, then it's as good as gold. Companies have channels and legal departments that proof read all of the material before it's fit to hit the Web. Chances of that info being incorrect is <1% because no company will put something in writing that leaves them open for liability.

That leaves us with the CPSC. Once they stepped in, they became all knowing, all powerful. Whatever arrangement or plan they have with Samsung is ultimately going to dictate when these phones will be released. If Samsung has all their ducks in a row and paperwork to back it up, should be a smooth process. I'm guessing they do and that's why shipments are still hitting stores and being held.

I know it's a long post but I've been in and out of the wireless industry and work for a rather big telecommunications company now and I can say from my experience, that is how we should be trusting information on this process.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to give this one more week. If things have not changed by then, I'm going to dump the Note 7 for something else. I hate to do it, because I love the device, but every day I'm not using it normally is a day I'm not getting much benefit out of the money I've spent.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the phone reps and chat reps can certainly be hit or miss. In my chat the rep said that I needed to go to a corporate store (which I told her I did at the beginning) then proceeded to tell me the address of my nearest corporate store and wanted to know if I would like her to make me an appointment. The nearest store to me was in Winston-Salem, NC. A total bummer since I live in Tacoma, WA. :D I had much better luck with the phone call.

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
And this is why most are upset and hesitant to take their phones in. Every carrier is saying something different and it's even different within the carriers own ranks.
This whole thing was handled poorly. Samsung should have had a across the board return policy for EVERY CARRIER.
Loners were given out...then it stopped.
You can exchange it for a s7 or s7e till the new n7 come in, then it changed to that's your upgrade (If i wanted an s7 or s7e I would have gotten one in the first place). I for one wouldntmid if they said ok...replacements are out. For our mess up, when the N8 comes out...order it and we will send you a return package. Return it and we will send you a visa gift card for $×××.00.
That way no carriers can put their greed in the mix and you just call to updated your device for their system. And it's ONLY for ppl that pre-ordered.
Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. I said in another post that I think Samsung is getting to the point of limited return by re-releasing/replacing Note 7 devices. With all the recalls and restrictions, and no real way for flight attendants, TSA agents, and MTA personnel to verify the new phone is actually a safe model, it will be hard for this device to gain any traction. Marketing and PR costs to re-launch will be astronomical. I truly believe that Samsung would be better served by calling it a day. I'd like to see them release both the S8 and a variant that would basically be a Note, under the Galaxy S brand. Do this at the same time. So you'd have the S8, and S8E (executive). The S8E (or whatever name they choose) would have a larger screen, the S-pen, and a couple of software pluses. Perhaps even a larger base memory capacity. This would also help some of Samsung's customers from feeling buyer's remorse when a better Samsung phone comes out in 6 months, or like with the Note 7, a device that is very similar to one released 6 months earlier. Re-branding might just resolve some issues going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad