10-12-2016 12:43 PM
978 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Well I guess that's a sign of progress. In their Recall it does say that we can get a replacement Note 7. So it doesn't sound like they have an issue with the "revamped" models.
    Only the breakable glass now , insurance insurance insurance
    09-15-2016 04:10 PM
    Just got off the phone with Sprint Tech Support. They did the Advance Exchange for me and submitted it directly to back office due to extenuating circumstances, so that's done. Tried to verify my correct billing promo info for my N7 order and account services is jammed. I was advised to call next week. So got two great Tech People - Ty and John - both out of OKC (Oklahoma City) which is corporate, and they did a super job all the way around.

Choose the Tech Support option, then choose Other when offered, and then hope you get this team. Good people.
    That's the same team I talked to in Oklahoma, except my tech was Angel. She was right on it, very painless. Sending out a return kit for this Note 7. Told me 7-14 days, but that was before the CPSC announcement this afternoon. She said they would send it out as soon as they got the ok from them.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-15-2016 04:34 PM
    Has anyone who called the Advance Exchange Team received the confirmation email? If so, how long after you got off the phone? At first the tech said he couldnt do it because I am within 30 miles of a store, I then told him that is a major inconvenience to me, explained why and he placed me on hold for about 5 minutes. When he got back on he asked for my email and alternate phone number and said the order went through. Hope I don't have to deal with this anymore.
    09-15-2016 04:51 PM
    Has anyone who called the Advance Exchange Team received the confirmation email? If so, how long after you got off the phone? At first the tech said he couldnt do it because I am within 30 miles of a store, I then told him that is a major inconvenience to me, explained why and he placed me on hold for about 5 minutes. When he got back on he asked for my email and alternate phone number and said the order went through. Hope I don't have to deal with this anymore.
    I got my confirmation email about 24 hours later
    james702283 likes this.
    09-15-2016 04:58 PM
    I got mine a couple hours after the phone call. I posted it earlier but here it is again. I live way closer than 30 miles to TWO different corporate stores, but I was never asked about that or told that it would be an issue if I lived too close to a corporate store
    Attached Thumbnails Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread-26117.jpg  
    james702283 likes this.
    09-15-2016 04:59 PM
    About 30 minutes and I live 1 1/2 miles from a corp store
    Email and a confirmation # @ the time of phone call.
    09-15-2016 05:04 PM
    I just spoke with a rep from my local Sprint Corp store. I asked if they had any Note 7's come in. He said no and they were expecting them this week, but since the recall was official the US stopped the 7's from being released. He doesn't know when they will come in. He did say if you are having issues with your phone bring it in and they will do an exchange plus the $25 towards your account. He said if you are not having any problems keep it and just wait for the replacements so many different statements from managers...
    09-15-2016 05:05 PM
    Well i called AGAIN and this time i did not take no for a answer. The lady in tech support was in OKC but not the names posted on here. I told her falt out that i do not deal with those people in the corp store. That i do not like them and they do not like me. She 1st tried to do it herself but it would not go cause of the 30 mile thing. Then she said she did it some other way and got it in with also the notes of why since i am within 30 miles. So lets see if this one goes through lol.
    09-15-2016 05:24 PM
    So...Monday is next week....is Sprint saying that they will have a replacement on Monday morning?

Per the Sprint Newsroom:

September 15, 2016

Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note7 Customers Can Get Replacement Devices Beginning Next Week

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), September 15, 2016 - Sprint (NYSE: S) is encouraging customers still using an old Samsung Galaxy Note7 to call their local Sprint retail location and schedule an appointment for next week to pick up their replacement device.

Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today confirmed that new Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than Sept. 21. As the safety of our customers is a top priority, Sprint recommends that all of its Note7 customers follow the recall guidelines.

“We want to make sure that when customers come to our stores to receive their new device, they have a great experience,” said Rod Millar, senior vice president product. “We need to ensure that inventory has reached our stores and that our store representatives have enough time to spend with each customer to transfer data. So we’re encouraging all customers make an appointment at www.sprint.com/storelocator.”
    09-15-2016 05:26 PM
    Well i called AGAIN and this time i did not take no for a answer. The lady in tech support was in OKC but not the names posted on here. I told her falt out that i do not deal with those people in the corp store. That i do not like them and they do not like me. She 1st tried to do it herself but it would not go cause of the 30 mile thing. Then she said she did it some other way and got it in with also the notes of why since i am within 30 miles. So lets see if this one goes through lol.
    Did she give you a confirmation #?
    09-15-2016 05:27 PM

I was also asked about a ALT phone number and that my email was the one on file and my shipping address being correct. So i believe they went though it is just as long as the order support people don't kick it back out due to the 30 mile rule.
    09-15-2016 05:29 PM
    I was also asked about a ALT phone number and that my email was the one on file and my shipping address being correct. So i believe they went though it is just as long as the order support people don't kick it back out due to the 30 mile rule.
    Im sure right now there getting over welmed and being More particular about what they process.
    Also sometimes the employee has good intention but does not know the challel to process surtin request.
    Good luck hope it sticks.
    09-15-2016 05:32 PM
    Did she give you a confirmation #?
    Not over the phone no she did not but she said it went though and she noted the account as well so we shall see. At worst i can take it to my local store i just rather deal with them.
    09-15-2016 05:36 PM
    Just got this from Samsung:
    Your safety remains our top priority

Dear Julie, as part of our voluntary recall, Samsung is announcing that new Galaxy Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than September 21, 2016.
    toenail_flicker and Fobbers like this.
    09-15-2016 05:38 PM
    They all "go through". The difference comes in if they tell you they are submitting it to (at least in my case) the Back Office for follow-through.

I am back on the phone with Sprint - total time so far 4.5 hours. Started at 11:05 this morning. FYI Diane in escalations in WA is also extremely good.
    09-15-2016 05:44 PM
    They all "go through". The difference comes in if they tell you they are submitting it to the Back Office for follow-through.

I am back on the phone with Sprint - total time so far 4.5 hours. Started at 11:05 this morning. FYI Diane in escalations in OKC is also extremely good.
    (at least in my
    Wow thats a long time on the phone try around dinner time 6/7 there not near as busy , can someone please ask what we need to return phone only ?
    09-15-2016 05:46 PM
    Ok, I just received my replacement confirmation email. Thanks
    09-15-2016 05:48 PM
    Got the same thing.
    Just got this from Samsung:
    Your safety remains our top priority

Dear Julie, as part of our voluntary recall, Samsung is announcing that new Galaxy Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than September 21, 2016.
    09-15-2016 05:54 PM
    Ok, I just received my replacement confirmation email. Thanks
    Cool , even before this hole recall or new phones being released the corp store was never any fun so if I can avoid that its all good
    09-15-2016 05:54 PM
    The order number on my confirmation email doesn't work on Sprint's website. Anyone else's work?
    09-15-2016 06:08 PM
    For what it's worth for those of us who called into Exchange Team for our replacements
    Attached Thumbnails Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread-792.jpg  
    09-15-2016 06:17 PM
    The order number on my confirmation email doesn't work on Sprint's website. Anyone else's work?
    No dident work but that does not surprise me its only been 24hr and also a replacement order , might not show on the general sight there.
    Also looked at my original order # its much longer with dashes in it.
    09-15-2016 06:39 PM
    Good. As long as it isn't just mine I'm good with it. Thanks!
    09-15-2016 06:42 PM
    So my Note 7 had a near death experience. It fell a mere 2 feet onto my plastic chair mat, with a case on and my toe even broke the fall, and the front cracked in two places. (see photos). So much for Gorilla glass! My co-worker was standing right next to me when it happened and she could not believe that such a light fall would cause this damage.
    This is very sad, since I am one that prides myself in taking hours to research phone cases and my Note 5 was in pristine condition when I gave it up.

When I went into the Sprint store to see if I could exchange my dangerous Note 7, the rep had this confused look on his face and said, Oh, we can't exchange that, he even turned to manager for advice and that person did not know what to do. I didn't argue with them since they didn't have any to exchange anyway. Next time I go in, I am going to say, they need to exchange my phone with a less-dangerous one and if they want to give me one with a crack in it, that is fine with me, but either way they are risking a law suit by letting me hold on to this phone.

Attachment 239533Attachment 239532
    That's horrible! Such a small distance and soft surface, it shouldn't have cracked.
    09-15-2016 07:04 PM
    Question. I purchased my note7 in store. Do i need to call to set up an exchange. Or bring it in when the replacements cone in.
    09-15-2016 07:08 PM
978 ... 1314151617 ...