10-12-2016 12:43 PM
978 1234 ...
tools
    They took my information and said they would call. I got the impression I was probably the first to stop in at this particular store.
    I called my store. They were still getting organized, and didn't yet have a list to put my name on.
    09-02-2016 05:53 PM
    Called my store. They are slammed. Decided not to sit in a line to swap out for a temporary. Corporate is saying one week, but who really knows at this point. I think I'll hang on to mine for the moment until the dust settles.
    09-02-2016 05:55 PM
    I went to 2 different corporate Sprint stores and neither had a clue as to what to do. I was the first person that came into both stores to discuss the recall. I'll try again tomorrow after this latest news release.
    09-02-2016 05:59 PM
    I called my store and they weren't helpful at all. No list to put my name down or anything. If I bought at Sam's Club do I go back there or to a Sprint Store?
    09-02-2016 06:06 PM
    I'll hang on to mine for now.
    09-02-2016 06:11 PM
    I don't think you can get a refurbished phone because it's a new stock correct? i'm gonna hold on to mine until the new stock comes in even though my phone has been getting warm.
    They are making new phones for this, they started last week.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:15 PM
    I only buy phones from sprint store or Sprint online just less hassle with returns, warranty etc. I bought a Touch Pro 2 a Best Buy once went to activate it and bam some how I had a $200 credit on my account. That's the same amount I paid in store at Best buy to upgrade... I'll just wait until new stock comes in, I may run up to Sprint to see if there is a waiting list. Any how my phone says made in China and I haven't had any heating issues not even getting warm using an Note 2 Brick with a Besty 6 ft USB C cable.
    09-02-2016 06:17 PM
    I'm on Sprint but purchased at BestBuy because I get gift cards from work and discounts occasionally. I haven't called them and will wait until they, or Samsung, start contacting people. My Note 7 has been great. It gets warm when fast charging like all of my fast charging phones have, which means jack poo if the battery wants to explode randomly, but I'm comfortable with it for now. I'm tempted to get a loaner if they offer them just to see if they say "hey you can just keep that" lol.
    09-02-2016 06:22 PM
    Video: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 Phones After Battery Fires!
    This is a link to a video of a guys phone who caught fire. Not sure if this is posted or not...
    09-02-2016 06:29 PM
    So has anyone that purchased from Best Buy contacted Sprint? Today is the last day of my return with Best Buy and I am in the middle of a hurricane but also have no other phone to use. I'm hoping that I can return to a Sprint store for a straight swap. I'm also leaving the country next Wednesday for 2 weeks so it's a storm of bad timing
    09-02-2016 06:32 PM
    Video: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 Phones After Battery Fires!
    This is a link to a video of a guys phone who caught fire. Not sure if this is posted or not...
    So it caught fire right when he unplugged it to put it on his belt? That sucks. I wouldn't be holding and touching the dam thing if it looked like that and the fire had just gone out. That thing would be sitting in my driveway or back patio away from everything and everyone.
    09-02-2016 06:34 PM
    That could have easily been 3rd degree burns to his body causing a visit to the ER then burn unit. I work on trauma/surgery floor and we get patients from freak accidents like this every week! Makes me want to get an Otter Box
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:40 PM
    I just stopped by my local Sprint store where I purchased my Note 7. They were very understanding and helpful with the issue. The gave me several options. Flat out return (seeing as I traded in my old phone, not really an option). Exchange the phone for something entirely different. Get a loner to use until the new stock arrives if I am not comfortable using it. Or, keep using my Note 7 until the new stock arrives and just exchange it for a new one then. They said they were told one to two weeks until new stock arrives. And they did confirm I will receive a new phone, not a refurbished one. Seeing as the percentage of bad phones is most likely very small and that I haven't had any issues with mine and (it has never even felt warm) I decided to just keep using it. All in all, it should be a pretty painless recall exchange. After two weeks I still feel this is the best phone I have ever used and has the best battery life of of any phone I have every had. One thought I did have is that if the bad batteries in the current Note 7's are somehow sub par, I wonder if the batteries in the newer ones will perform a bit better?
    This persuaded me. I didn't want to be without my note but if they'll let me keep it while I wait, definetly going in to Sprint tomorrow
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:48 PM
    I called sprint tonight and they said i would get a text or email when new stock arrives. They said about 1 or 2 weeks. He said i had to goto a corporate store to exchange it even though i bought it from telesales.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-02-2016 08:20 PM
    I'm just going to enjoy usingy phone without a screen cover until the new ones arrive and then swap it out. Hopefully the new ones have better reception too, my note 7 is horrible compared to my note 5.
    Fobbers likes this.
    09-02-2016 08:42 PM
    I'll need to call my local sprint store tomorrow
    09-02-2016 09:54 PM
    I guess we can rock it without a case until we take it back to get it replaced. Live on the edge!
    bigmo555, Delirious D and Fobbers like this.
    09-02-2016 10:01 PM
    I'm not giving this thing back until the last minute if I even do it at all. Everyone is panicking over .1%. That's infinitesimal.
    bigmo555, Fobbers and rjr1209 like this.
    09-02-2016 10:03 PM
    Welp - I bought my phone at Best Buy because they offered the mem card for free the moment you bought the phone, not a mail-in wait 4 to 6 weeks thing and had some discount coupons to further sweeten the deal. How's that workin' out for me now..

Don't know why Sprint is not also handling the Best Buy or other third party exchanges since it is merely a "free" hardware swap. After all, when its time to upgrade, I could still just trade the phone into Sprint to defray cost regardless of where I purchased the phone. We should just have to deal with the carriers.

No one has explicitly explained what "voluntary" recall really means. On one hand, it can mean that Samsung is voluntarily recalling all phones (i.e., no third party regulatory entity is forcing them to do so). On the other it can mean that users can voluntarily participate in the recall, which I think is how most people are interpreting "voluntary worldwide recall". The problem with this interpretation is I am not sure how it can truly be "voluntary". If I volunteer not to participate in the recall, will my warranty still be honored (for issues other than the battery problem)? Will my phone retain its trade-in value with the carrier down the road when I choose to upgrade? Does Samsung (still?) incur liability if I am injured or suffer damages as a result of a battery explosion/fire down the road? This is really thorny and I am not seeing many answers, yet. Bottom line, though, I am not sure if "just keeping my phone" doesn't incur some downside even if I don't ultimately suffer from the battery fault.
    09-02-2016 10:22 PM
    Welp - I bought my phone at Best Buy because they offered the mem card for free the moment you bought the phone, not a mail-in wait 4 to 6 weeks thing and had some discount coupons to further sweeten the deal. How's that workin' out for me now..

Don't know why Sprint is not also handling the Best Buy or other third party exchanges since it is merely a "free" hardware swap. After all, when its time to upgrade, I could still just trade the phone into Sprint to defray cost regardless of where I purchased the phone. We should just have to deal with the carriers.

No one has explicitly explained what "voluntary" recall really means. On one hand, it can mean that Samsung is voluntarily recalling all phones (i.e., no third party regulatory entity is forcing them to do so). On the other it can mean that users can voluntarily participate in the recall, which I think is how most people are interpreting "voluntary worldwide recall". The problem with this interpretation is I am not sure how it can truly be "voluntary". If I volunteer not to participate in the recall, will my warranty still be honored (for issues other than the battery problem)? Will my phone retain its trade-in value with the carrier down the road when I choose to upgrade? Does Samsung (still?) incur liability if I am injured or suffer damages as a result of a battery explosion/fire down the road? This is really thorny and I am not seeing many answers, yet. Bottom line, though, I am not sure if "just keeping my phone" doesn't incur some downside even if I don't ultimately suffer from the battery fault.
    If you refuse to participate in a recall, you take all liability.
    09-02-2016 10:26 PM
    Kelly,

You are working hard today. I know we haven't seen eye to eye on this issue but thanks for hanging in there.

Is Samsung going to make me sign something that says I incur all liablity if I keep the phone? If not, how is that enforceable (at what point have I not turned in the phone - Samsung hasn't established a deadline as far as I know)? To enforce that, it seems that they would have to call for (1) all users to immediately stop using the phone and (2) require all users to either turn in their phones or sign a waiver of liability by a certain date. Do you think they may be headed in that direction? BTW Doesn't sound like a voluntary recall if that is the ccase...at least in the way most people seem to be interpreting it. Thanks.
    09-02-2016 10:48 PM
    just got off chat with an agent and this is what she told me..

Raven Y : Please visit the Sprint store as stated in the information been provided to you.
    You : but it also says i will be offered a similar device.
    You : not another note 7
    Raven Y : yes you will be given a replacement instead.
    You : i still want A note 7
    Raven Y : I assure you will get the Note 7 only.
    You : ok. so just take it in and they'll give me another note 7 that wont potential burn my face off hahah
    Raven Y : You are correct.

reading more info on recalls and its says replacement wont come in for 2 weeks.
    ugh i hate how agents say whatever they think you want to hear, just to "make you happy"
    i don't want anything but my note 7! (throws virtual hissy fit). as long as we still have chance to exchange when the new models arrive i'll be happy. (and maybe a Samsung pay gift card lol)
    09-03-2016 05:13 AM
    Has anyone else noticed an upgrade availability notice on their account?

does this mean folk that already cracked their phones/screens are in luck.
    or lost/broke spens.
    the heavens are smiling down on them. Bet those folk will be first in line to replace. i would be too. hehehe

Hopping the new models have better battery life and screen sensitive. My batt drops to high 60s by mid morning. and like 80% of the time my screen wont recognize a long press.
    09-03-2016 05:15 AM
    I'm not giving this thing back until the last minute if I even do it at all. Everyone is panicking over .1%. That's infinitesimal.
    .1% hahaha
    If only people would panic like this over other things that have a .1% chance.
    Raincoats
    09-03-2016 05:19 AM
    I have an appointment set for 230 pm today I'll report back with which resolution i get
    09-03-2016 05:24 AM
978 1234 ...