10-12-2016 12:43 PM
978 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    Thats fine, i want the same color. I did that exact combination when i called and got the worst customer service person they have. I tried so hard to remain calm with her but when she wants me to buy it instead of exchange it and she didnt even know about the recall.
    Wow....just wow. Sad thing is I BELIEVE IT!
    09-22-2016 04:07 PM
    Wow....just wow. Sad thing is I BELIEVE IT!
    Yea my thoughts exactly. I explained to her the situation and she puts me on hold to ask a supervisor. When she came back she said i have an upgrade and i can buy the phone. I repeated that im holding the box in my hand and it has to go back because of the recall. She then says let me look it up and then i lost it and hung up on her
    09-22-2016 04:16 PM
    Yea my thoughts exactly. I explained to her the situation and she puts me on hold to ask a supervisor. When she came back she said i have an upgrade and i can buy the phone. I repeated that im holding the box in my hand and it has to go back because of the recall. She then says let me look it up and then i lost it and hung up on her
    Sounds like you were connected to the wrong department, my phone call lasted less than 5 min and completed successfully, after 20min on hold.
    Now if they could only ship me the phone.
    09-22-2016 04:22 PM
    Sounds like you were connected to the wrong department, my phone call lasted less than 5 min and completed successfully, after 20min on hold.
    Now if they could only ship me the phone.
    Yea definitely the wrong department. When i asked her to connect me she refused and instead escalated the situation, which didnt help either. The best is when i said ill call back at another time, she called me back after i hung up
    Rustler5150 likes this.
    09-22-2016 04:28 PM
    Yea definitely the wrong department. When i asked her to connect me she refused and instead escalated the situation, which didnt help either. The best is when i said ill call back at another time, she called me back after i hung up
    Yeal if you get the wrong person they just read the script and are clueless as to what's up, my call went to Angle in Oklahoma City
    Adaboy likes this.
    09-22-2016 04:31 PM
    In 18 years those jokers have NEVER called me back lol. Terrible. Sorry you had to go through that man. Hopefully your phone will be shipped soon.
    09-22-2016 04:48 PM
    In 18 years those jokers have NEVER called me back lol. Terrible. Sorry you had to go through that man. Hopefully your phone will be shipped soon.
    Worst part is i never got in touch with the AET.
    09-22-2016 05:04 PM
    Now this is what i did but the lady wanted to help me with out sending the call to the exchange team. She kept trying to sell me the phone when all I wanted was to exchange
    Well there is no Advanced exchange team as Tech support is the one who in fact is that place S you have to keep trying Tech support till you got someone sadly that has a clue.
    09-22-2016 07:02 PM
    Best thing to do. I hang up and call back when the rep sounds clueless.......
    09-22-2016 07:06 PM
    It wasnt mandated by Sprint or Samsung? So you assume because no one told u specifically to return all items in the box that it was right to keep them? I worked in cell phones a long time before i moved on to a different career trust me all phones even the free ones are required to have accessories in them upon return. When you return a playstation or xbox do u just send back the console and keep the controllers? its the same thing....it is mandated but a lot of lazy employees dont check boxes and soo when other sales people who actually do their jobs check boxes they come off as the bad guy. Now with this particular situation i personally wouldnt make a fuss over it because of the hassle that u went thru but in the future return everything. People used to return just phone all the time to me and when i took the new accessories out of the box they would get upset......i used to tell them im running a business here do u go to macys and expect a shirt for free....people can be so ridiculous sometimes. (that wasnt towards you)
    I returned my note 7 without anything including the spen. My wife returned her s7 that wasn't charging properly and she had the box and everything, but they didn't take them and they gave her, her new phone with the box. Not sure what unwritten rule you're talking about, but it appears a lot of people should be losing their jobs. I can guarantee Samsung doesn't care to get back $10 in accessories.
    09-22-2016 08:29 PM
    I believe this is the number to retentions. 18662351185. Try calling them and telling them you'll return your phone and change carriers if they can't do anything for you. Chances are they will figure something out for you.
    09-22-2016 08:38 PM
    I got my new one today at the store where I brought mines. The process was fast. I was there for an hour only because all the reps were busy, but once it was my turn I was in there and out of there in 30 mins. I had to take my old box with me and whatever wasn't in the old box he took out the new box, but that was fine with me. I'm glad this over and I can sleep peacefully.
    His Majesty likes this.
    09-23-2016 01:52 AM
    This was part of the message i received from Sprint in the email they sent in regards to my replacement N7 being processed:

Note: In addition to the charges above, Sprint reserves the right to charge an additional fee of $75-$125 for phones that are found to be either damaged beyond repair or exhibit no sign of defect.

How am i supposed to interpret this? ^^
    09-23-2016 08:57 AM
    I've been waiting since the middle of last week for a tracking number via the AET, I was told earlier this week it could be another week or two. I'm not okay with that when people are walking in and buying phones outright. That is my only complaint. If they didn't have any at all, I'd be fine waiting, my phone was perfect in every way.

However, since that wasn't the case, I went on a hunt yesterday and was determined to get this over with. I called all the stores within a 25 mile radius, I found one at the local mall so I drove the 25 miles with my box and all accessories, just in case. Well, it turned out to be a third party seller who wouldn't take my sprint.com purchased phone. She did call around other stores further away and I ended up driving another 25 miles to Baltimore and they indeed had a bunch of Note 7 in all colors. It was a busy corporate store they had 4 salespeople and everyone was exchanging phones. They were very efficient, knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with. While I was there 4 more people came in exchanging their phones too. It took about 15 minutes and was very painless.

As a side note (pun intended), I asked what they were doing with the old notes and how we're they shipping them back to Samsung. She told me they were all going back to Samsung but they had a bunch of them in the back. They ship them once a week in a special sealed container to Samsung. I thought that was interesting.
    Larry 609 and Wiley_11 like this.
    09-23-2016 09:19 AM
    I got my replacement Note 7 yesterday and while the representative was transferring my old phone to my new phone I mentioned several issues that were brought up on here. Accessories should stay with you, they only need the physical phone. The S-Pen is part of the physical phone, so it needs to stay with the physical phone. She had called their Samsung Rep to make sure they were collecting the correct items in their chaos.

She also told me that my issue with calling my closest store and them not having any phones is because Sprint is sending the bulk of their phones to their FULL SERVICE STORES (caps for attention). If you are having trouble finding a store with a Note 7 find one on the site that does repairs and such that is a corporate store and you might have better luck.

A funny part of my day is I told the rep about how I watched unpacking videos and watched all these people unpack and describe what they were unpacking and when they got to the little metal tool and little plastic tips that they kind of looked at them and set them aside, not saying anything about them. I had looked through the online full manual for the Note 7 to figure out these are extra tips and a tool to pull them. The repair tech at the store I was at was right next to us working on something and said, "Is that what that is for, I thought it was to pick up screws."
    09-23-2016 10:17 AM
    Got email saying my replacement phone is processing and I will be notified when a tracking number is ready basically.. order via phone this past Sunday.
    09-23-2016 10:37 AM
    This is so ridlicous. Friday now, and still no tracking number and no word from sprint as to when we will get our replacements. Yet they have people walking in to stores buying them for the first time yet there's still tons of us who need replacement devices yet. Sprint is handling this in the most fantastic way ever.
    09-23-2016 11:08 AM
    Just talked with Sprint and confirmed the by mail replacements are backordered 3 weeks. She told me they are processed like new orders, so exchanges got no priority over new orders. Smdh
    09-23-2016 11:45 AM
    Still holding off. I'm hoping QC gets better in the meantime and I still have a get out of jail free card
    09-23-2016 12:13 PM
    For those of you that ordered your Note7 from Sprint online and are having trouble swapping it out at a store, check out the Sprint Store Locator and make sure the store you are going to can do web returns. Not all stores are listed as being able to do telesales and web returns. Around where I live the only stores that can do this are the Sprint Store at Radio Shack. Which are always a corporate store.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-23-2016 12:19 PM
    For those of you that ordered your Note7 from Sprint online and are having trouble swapping it out at a store, check out the Sprint Store Locator and make sure the store you are going to can do web returns. Not all stores are listed as being able to do telesales and web returns. Around where I live the only stores that can do this are the Sprint Store at Radio Shack. Which are always a corporate store.
    Around me there are 48 Sprint stores in the locator map. Only one is a corporate store, it's not a Radio Shack. Look for a star/stars on the map with a number and refer to the legend with the same number, those are the only corporate stores in your area.
    09-23-2016 12:37 PM
    Around me there are 48 Sprint stores in the locator map. Only one is a corporate store, it's not a Radio Shack. Look for a star/stars on the map with a number and refer to the legend with the same number, those are the only corporate stores in your area.
    I disagree with this claim. The starred stores are the ones that are full service corporate stores and might be your best bet to get your exchange right now. These are the stores that will do the repairs on your phones too. The ones with the yellow boxes with numbers are also corporate stores, just not a full service location. The stores with the blue circles are authorized retailers (3rd party).....

I stand corrected, someone else pointed out you need to look for more specific features to find a corporate store...scroll to find the details, call before you go.
    09-23-2016 01:49 PM
    I finally found a corporate store in Detroit that had a few replacement phones available in my color (Black Onyx). After waiting a while because they were busy, I was able to successfully complete my recall swap. As far as accessories go, my Sprint rep originally told me that I needed to have all of my original accessories available to be returned with the old phone. After I explained to him that I just rushed in from work once I found out that they had the replacement phones in stock, he said that I could keep the charger, but everything else had to stay. About 10 seconds later, he just gave me everything...including the new box. I managed to keep the S Pen from the original phone as well. Overall...a painless experience that I'm glad is finally over. Now...I'm off to call AET to cancel my mail-in replacement. Good luck to everyone else. Just keep calling around...you'll find one.
    cincydavid513 likes this.
    09-23-2016 01:52 PM
    I disagree with this claim. The starred stores are the ones that are full service corporate stores and might be your best bet to get your exchange right now. These are the stores that will do the repairs on your phones too. The ones with the yellow boxes with numbers are also corporate stores, just not a full service location. The stores with the blue circles are authorized retailers (3rd party).
    No blue circles here. Half a dozen known 3rd party retailers,as well as former corp. stores, around me are in yellow boxes.

They need to clarify the distinction between the two like they used to do.
    09-23-2016 02:22 PM
    I disagree with this claim. The starred stores are the ones that are full service corporate stores and might be your best bet to get your exchange right now. These are the stores that will do the repairs on your phones too. The ones with the yellow boxes with numbers are also corporate stores, just not a full service location. The stores with the blue circles are authorized retailers (3rd party).
    Not true. I used to think the same. However, the starred store closest to me is a third party store and it is a full service store. It is a "preferred retailer". Nothing on the website says that it is a third party store. Even in person I could not find any evidence at the store until I had a receipt in hand. Only until I read the receipt did I see Sprint Store by MayCom Communications a "Preferred Retailer." Because of this I am in my own level of hell in getting this phone swapped out.
    09-23-2016 02:33 PM
978 ... 2627282930 ...