10-12-2016 12:43 PM
978 12345 ...
tools
    I'm not giving this thing back until the last minute if I even do it at all. Everyone is panicking over .1%. That's infinitesimal.
    I don't think people are panicking so much as Samsung has forced their hand by recalling all phones for a supposedly infinitesimal chance of catastrophic failure. As stated previously by Kelly, if the phone does blow up Samsung is not liable. What if you are not hurt but it harms someone else or damages property? Does that mean you are liable for those injuries. When does Samsung's liability stop? Now? At some arbitrary point in the future? Does this mean Samsung will not support warranty repair for other defects for non returned phones? Who knows? We don't even know how to define what you consider "the last minute". I am presuming there will be a "drop dead" (!) date beyond which you are on you're own per Kelly/Sansung/you're carrier/you're retailet if you haven't returned the phone, but no word on that so far. When dealing with a safety vs. reliability recall issue regardless of probability of occurrence, life just gets more complicated, period.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-03-2016 06:58 AM
    Kelly,

You are working hard today. I know we haven't seen eye to eye on this issue but thanks for hanging in there.

Is Samsung going to make me sign something that says I incur all liablity if I keep the phone? If not, how is that enforceable (at what point have I not turned in the phone - Samsung hasn't established a deadline as far as I know)? To enforce that, it seems that they would have to call for (1) all users to immediately stop using the phone and (2) require all users to either turn in their phones or sign a waiver of liability by a certain date. Do you think they may be headed in that direction? BTW Doesn't sound like a voluntary recall if that is the ccase...at least in the way most people seem to be interpreting it. Thanks.
    Well the thing is it is a known recall, a voluntary one. I don't know how Samsung is going to handle this, but to get anything from Samsung, you would have to go to court. The whole recall would come out.

Why are you not wanting to switch your phone? It is going to be easy, Samsung is trying to get this done quickly

The voluntary recall..

First in the US for an individual, all recalls are voluntary, no one is coming to take your stuff. In this case the voluntary recall is speaking about Samsung. They are doing a voluntary recall, they aren't being forced into recall by Consumer Protection or Governments.

It is a good way to do it and get it done quickly.

Here is some info about that and what all companies should be doing:

"According to Samini, swift, voluntary recalls like this are designed “to avoid intervention by government agencies.” Samsung wants the phones out of consumers’ hands before disaster strikes. Samini compared the recall to one of the bigger ones in recent memory, though it wasn’t voluntarily like the Galaxy Note 7 recall is.

“Samsung issued the recall to avoid a situation like Toyota is facing in the unintended acceleration cases,” he explained. “Toyota was forced to issue the recall by government agencies. Ultimately, Toyota reached a $1.2 billion settlement with the federal government while still facing hundreds of individual lawsuits. They also paid fines totaling more than $66 million for delays in reporting the unintended acceleration problems. So this move by Samsung was to fend off large governmental fines in the future”

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/lega...note-7-phones/

That is what is meant by a voluntary recall.

Second, here we have seen at least four members and one team member, with a battery defect in their Note 7. It is weird, it is odd, we've seen it as it happened on the battery app. I don't know if that is the battery defect that is causing fires. I do know the battery is doing something very very strange and not working at all as designed. I would call it a defective battery.

Please do this recall, the numbers are going up, all phones are at risk and the exchange will be easy. There is no cell phone that is worth this danger that is growing. You will get back a phone that has been through more quality control than any phone on the market. They started manufacturing back of the devices this week before announcing the recall.

As far as your warranty.. If you ever have an issue with your phone, it is going to have to be sent in for 10 days. That phone won't come back and you will wait 10 days for the replacement from Samsung.

Now, you get one shipped to you or you pick it up at the carrier. Easy and done.

You need to look at what Samsung is doing, from a logic and reason and business standpoint..

Replacing all these phones does not make business sense at all for a company that is in business to make a profit selling phones. They have stopped all sales, they have stopped releases of their flagship product. This is costing a small fortune.

Would a company do that for no reason? The number of handset that are for sure a danger, have increased. It is up to 1 million. The truth is though, all are in danger until they are looked at by Samsung and identified. This isn't a radio going out. This is a safety issue. Phones aren't just exploding and catching on fire while charging, it is happening while people are using them also.

Samsung has offered you a fix for this, more of a fix than what you will find from almost any company. Take the fix, the danger of permanent injury, or death, the phone exploding while you have it at your ear, driving down the street, isn't worth it.

Also you have to remember, while only 24 known cases, it is a lot. There are always exploding batteries here and there, but this is a very large number of new batteries. 35 exploded, 24 of those were found to have bad battery cells, not using a cheap charger, but a battery defect.

That is a lot of exploding brand new batteries. That is why we are seeing this very unprecedented worldwide recall.

Also the quicker all of you get your Note 7's switched out, the quicker I can finally get my non-splody Note 7. 😊
    toenail_flicker and Gray Area like this.
    09-03-2016 07:59 AM
    just got off chat with an agent and this is what she told me..

Raven Y : Please visit the Sprint store as stated in the information been provided to you.
    You : but it also says i will be offered a similar device.
    You : not another note 7
    Raven Y : yes you will be given a replacement instead.
    You : i still want A note 7
    Raven Y : I assure you will get the Note 7 only.
    You : ok. so just take it in and they'll give me another note 7 that wont potential burn my face off hahah
    Raven Y : You are correct.

reading more info on recalls and its says replacement wont come in for 2 weeks.
    ugh i hate how agents say whatever they think you want to hear, just to "make you happy"
    i don't want anything but my note 7! (throws virtual hissy fit). as long as we still have chance to exchange when the new models arrive i'll be happy. (and maybe a Samsung pay gift card lol)
    From what I have seen about Sprint, they will give you the S7 as a loaner. When your Note 7 comes in you will get your Note.

Do it, Sprint is the only one offering loaners. You know how much I love my Notes, I wouldn't be using my Note 7 right now if mine had come in before all this.
    09-03-2016 08:04 AM
    Has anyone else noticed an upgrade availability notice on their account?

does this mean folk that already cracked their phones/screens are in luck.
    or lost/broke spens.
    the heavens are smiling down on them. Bet those folk will be first in line to replace. i would be too. hehehe

Hopping the new models have better battery life and screen sensitive. My batt drops to high 60s by mid morning. and like 80% of the time my screen wont recognize a long press.
    Samsung is replacing the Note 7 regardless of condition. Those with broken screens and backs have indeed lucked out.
    09-03-2016 08:05 AM
    My phone has never gotten hot until yeasterday using google maps with gps after a 40 min drive with maps running and streaming Bluetooth the phone was seriously hot.
    Any one else experience this with google maps?

Im super happy with this phone and plan on keeping it ,will wait until sprint has stock to exchange.
    09-03-2016 09:02 AM
    My phone has never gotten hot until yeasterday using google maps with gps after a 40 min drive with maps running and streaming Bluetooth the phone was seriously hot.
    Any one else experience this with google maps?

Im super happy with this phone and plan on keeping it ,will wait until sprint has stock to exchange.
    I noticed that last week when I was streaming through Bluetooth and had Waze running in my truck, only time it got warm, but my HTC One M8 used to get a lot hotter, so I just figured that's how these phones work. I remember my S3 getting just as hot now that I think about it.
    09-03-2016 09:21 AM
    Guys.. The phone getting hot before having a problem has never ever been indicated being a symptom of the bad battery.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:24 AM
    Guys.. The phone getting hot before having a problem has never ever been indicated being a symptom of the bad battery.
    Agree, its typically just heat from the screen being on continuously in those cases where users are using gps and streaming BT.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:33 AM
    From what I have seen, all the exploded phones were great and everyone loved them, right up until they exploded or caught on fire and then they weren't fine.

There hasn't been any symptom to look for.
    09-03-2016 11:38 AM
    Well the thing is it is a known recall, a voluntary one. I don't know how Samsung is going to handle this, but to get anything from Samsung, you would have to go to court. The whole recall would come out.

Why are you not wanting to switch your phone? It is going to be easy, Samsung is trying to get this done quickly

The voluntary recall..

First in the US for an individual, all recalls are voluntary, no one is coming to take your stuff. In this case the voluntary recall is speaking about Samsung. They are doing a voluntary recall, they aren't being forced into recall by Consumer Protection or Governments.

It is a good way to do it and get it done quickly.

Here is some info about that and what all companies should be doing:

"According to Samini, swift, voluntary recalls like this are designed “to avoid intervention by government agencies.” Samsung wants the phones out of consumers’ hands before disaster strikes. Samini compared the recall to one of the bigger ones in recent memory, though it wasn’t voluntarily like the Galaxy Note 7 recall is.

“Samsung issued the recall to avoid a situation like Toyota is facing in the unintended acceleration cases,” he explained. “Toyota was forced to issue the recall by government agencies. Ultimately, Toyota reached a $1.2 billion settlement with the federal government while still facing hundreds of individual lawsuits. They also paid fines totaling more than $66 million for delays in reporting the unintended acceleration problems. So this move by Samsung was to fend off large governmental fines in the future”

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/lega...note-7-phones/

That is what is meant by a voluntary recall.

Second, here we have seen at least four members and one team member, with a battery defect in their Note 7. It is weird, it is odd, we've seen it as it happened on the battery app. I don't know if that is the battery defect that is causing fires. I do know the battery is doing something very very strange and not working at all as designed. I would call it a defective battery.

Please do this recall, the numbers are going up, all phones are at risk and the exchange will be easy. There is no cell phone that is worth this danger that is growing. You will get back a phone that has been through more quality control than any phone on the market. They started manufacturing back of the devices this week before announcing the recall.

As far as your warranty.. If you ever have an issue with your phone, it is going to have to be sent in for 10 days. That phone won't come back and you will wait 10 days for the replacement from Samsung.

Now, you get one shipped to you or you pick it up at the carrier. Easy and done.

You need to look at what Samsung is doing, from a logic and reason and business standpoint..

Replacing all these phones does not make business sense at all for a company that is in business to make a profit selling phones. They have stopped all sales, they have stopped releases of their flagship product. This is costing a small fortune.

Would a company do that for no reason? The number of handset that are for sure a danger, have increased. It is up to 1 million. The truth is though, all are in danger until they are looked at by Samsung and identified. This isn't a radio going out. This is a safety issue. Phones aren't just exploding and catching on fire while charging, it is happening while people are using them also.

Samsung has offered you a fix for this, more of a fix than what you will find from almost any company. Take the fix, the danger of permanent injury, or death, the phone exploding while you have it at your ear, driving down the street, isn't worth it.

Also you have to remember, while only 24 known cases, it is a lot. There are always exploding batteries here and there, but this is a very large number of new batteries. 35 exploded, 24 of those were found to have bad battery cells, not using a cheap charger, but a battery defect.

That is a lot of exploding brand new batteries. That is why we are seeing this very unprecedented worldwide recall.

Also the quicker all of you get your Note 7's switched out, the quicker I can finally get my non-splody Note 7. 😊
    I never said I didn't want to do it. If the new note 7s were here today I would do it immediately. But they're not and since I bought my phone through best buy and not directly from sprint, I appear to be way down in the queue for getting a new Note7. Best Buy is estimating 4 to 6 weeks before they will have replacement phones (I guess the carriers are getting priority). I will exchange my phone when the replacements arrive since BB is not offering loaners.
    09-03-2016 11:41 AM
    I never said I didn't want to do it. If the new note 7s were here today I would do it immediately. But they're not and since I bought my phone through best buy and not directly from sprint, I appear to be way down in the queue for getting a new Note7. Best Buy is estimating 4 to 6 weeks before they will have replacement phones (I guess the carriers are getting priority). I will exchange my phone when the replacements arrive since BB is not offering loaners.
    Also check with Sprint. Some carriers are handling BB returns. Also seems BB is honoring the S7 Samsung loaner. You might want to check the Best Buy recall thread. Seems now corporate Best Buy is getting stores on board.
    09-03-2016 11:44 AM
    Also check with Sprint. Some carriers are handling BB returns. Also seems BB is honoring the S7 Samsung loaner. You might want to check the Best Buy recall thread. Seems now corporate Best Buy is getting stores on board.
    OK Thanks. Doesn't hurt to ask.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-03-2016 12:38 PM
    I just got this text.

Sprint: Note7 sales suspended due to battery cell issues. Visit Sprint store to return or replace device. http://sprint.us/oiJsK Data rates may apply. FreeMsg
    09-03-2016 01:00 PM
    Sprint: Note7 sales suspended due to battery cell issues. Visit Sprint store to return or replace device. Sprint Update on Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Exchange | Sprint Newsroom Data rates may apply. FreeMsg

just recieved this in a text from Sprint...
    09-03-2016 01:20 PM
    Sprint: Note7 sales suspended due to battery cell issues. Visit Sprint store to return or replace device. Sprint Update on Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Exchange | Sprint Newsroom Data rates may apply. FreeMsg

Me too
    09-03-2016 01:26 PM

I visited my Sprint store today, was given the three options, I told them I wanted to wait for the new N7's because I love my S pen . They didn't have a list, just told me to call at the end of next week. As I was leaving got the text from Sprint.
    Adaboy likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:28 PM
    I visited my Sprint store today, was given the three options, I told them I wanted to wait for the new N7's because I love my S pen . They didn't have a list, just told me to call at the end of next week. As I was leaving got the text from Sprint.
    Haven't receive a text from sprint yet.
    09-03-2016 01:53 PM
    You might want to read the thread too, the latest poster said BB would swap their phone for an S7 and that's it no swap back to the Note.

I just got the text from Sprint, I'll wait until they get some replacements.
    Fobbers likes this.
    09-03-2016 02:25 PM
    You might want to read the thread too, the latest poster said BB would swap their phone for an S7 and that's it no swap back to the Note.

I just got the text from Sprint, I'll wait until they get some replacements.
    I have read the thread, along with several hundreds of threads..
    Gray Area and toenail_flicker like this.
    09-03-2016 02:34 PM
    I called and same thing. I told them ill keep it till the new one comes in and i bought it online from sprint so even though i got it from there website i can return it still to them. If you dial *2 it will tell you the same thing.
    Yep I ordered on the Sprint website, so I called Sprint and there is a helpful message that says go to a Sprint store to exchange the phone for a different phone or wait till late next week to exchange for a new note 7.
    09-03-2016 02:37 PM
    Haven't receive a text from sprint yet.
    Me either
    09-03-2016 03:02 PM
    Yep I ordered on the Sprint website, so I called Sprint and there is a helpful message that says go to a Sprint store to exchange the phone for a different phone or wait till late next week to exchange for a new note 7.
    I ordered my through Sprint website as well. I can wait as the phone is working fine. I'll just do as others said charge it before bed and keep it off my body(parts)
    Gray Area and toenail_flicker like this.
    09-03-2016 03:30 PM
    Finally got my text message, suspending sales of note 7.
    09-03-2016 03:35 PM
    Finally got my text message, suspending sales of note 7.
    Just got mine as well.
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-03-2016 03:38 PM
    Sprint statement saying the same thing the message states when you call customer support.

I will wait till late next week to visit a store and hopefully they have new stock in my blue coral color.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-rele...7-exchange.htm
    09-03-2016 03:40 PM
978 12345 ...