10-12-2016 12:43 PM
978 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    I guess I'm confused by a lot of the confusion and anger I see here. The switch was super simple for me. A simple exchange takes 5 to 10 minutes and you only take the phone back. I kept everything, including the old pen. Then I also took the new box. Now I have 3 chargers, and double accessories.

I hope you all get your phones. This shouldn't be a stress fest, or complicated feat.

And a last note as a former Sprint employee: STOP GOING TO THIRD PARTIES! You automatically tie the hands of everyone at a corporate store who can help you. And it's not that we won't, we can't. They have a different system.
    bigmo555 likes this.
    09-29-2016 04:14 AM
    Yup same here just got the text message. WTF is up with them i am going to call as my stores both have none and i am not calling them each day to see when they get 1. This is really annoying
    Lol so how does that work if I already ordered the replacement online? 😂
    09-29-2016 07:29 AM
    You're in DC? Go to the store at Pentagon Row, outside of Pentagon City Mall. It's 1101 S. Joyce Street. They're the best in the area.
    This is the one in DC I normally go to. Two weeks ago they had N7's in stock that they were selling to the public. When myself and another customer attempted to swap out at the store, they were not able to do it. Therefore had to order online...
    09-29-2016 07:35 AM
    Forgot the picture...
    Attached Thumbnails Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread-1844.jpg  
    09-29-2016 07:36 AM
    This is the one in DC I normally go to. Two weeks ago they had N7's in stock that they were selling to the public. When myself and another customer attempted to swap out at the store, they were not able to do it. Therefore had to order online...
    Yikes. Sorry they lied to you. That's my old job. They didn't have them until last Wednesday, not two weeks ago. I can already imagine who said that to you though...
    09-29-2016 01:01 PM
    Picked mine up last Thursday from the Sprint store in Wicker Park (Chicago)...no issues with it at all...although I will say if you have to go through a corporate store, make sure they have your name on a list.
    09-29-2016 01:27 PM
    Was on my way to the in-laws and had the wife call a store on the way in Lansing, IL to see if they had any, and they did. Walked in like we wanted to buy some but the rep asked us if were in to exchange, beating us to the punch. The wife said the side eye look I gave him was priceless. Told him exchange and it was painless. Had to leave them there to do the smart swap for a hour. They kept the charger (I kept tryng to get them...but no go...but kept both s-pens). So each store is different. And they had all colors in.
    09-29-2016 03:57 PM
    I own a note 7 that I purchased from a Sprint store in Center City Philadelphia and still have not been able to get my device exchanged. I've went to at least 5 different Sprint stores ( 2 of which were not open) and am either told that they don't have the color of my phone in stock (silver) or they are totally out of stock. I asked the Manager at the Center City store why was this so and he explained that between the exchanges and sales they couldn't keep them. I expressed to him my surprise about the sales when everything I read from Samsung said that they would suspend sales until October 1 and only do exchanges. I contacted Samsung corporate and Sprint Customer service. Samsung corporate confirmed that Sprint was only to do exchanges with the new stock of Note 7's. The Sprint representative stated otherwise and said this was being poorly handled by Samsung. Here's the deal. As a consumer I really don't care who's to blame. I use my phone mainly for business. I payed $850 for my phone and I'm told by everyone including Samsung, Sprint, my wife and co-workers to get rid of the phone and get an exchange. Every day I call local Sprint stores and they tell me they don't have them in stock. I get all kings of stories which I'm not interested in about why and how and what I should do. This is one week now and I'm still walking around with a defective phone in my hand.
    What am I doing wrong.
    #badsprintcustomerservice.

PS A representative from Sprint called me soon after I wrote and sent this message and asked if my issue was resolved from the other day. I informed him that it had not been resolved despite being told that it would. He said that I needed to take it up with the store which I told him I had. He then said there was nothing he could do and abruptly hung up on me.
    09-29-2016 04:50 PM
    Just got an email from sprint. My order for replacement n7 is being processed.

So looks like it might be shipping soon.
    bigmo555 likes this.
    09-30-2016 10:49 AM

Ordered mine on Sept 9 and got the order being processed shortly after. Still waiting.........
    09-30-2016 11:21 AM

Yup that email is nothing more then them letting you know there is a order if and when they get any. Most of us got that email like 3 weeks ago
    09-30-2016 02:34 PM
    The confusion and anger come from the fact that there are no replacements available. Every Sprint store called claim they have none. This has been since the 500,000 units that Samsung has claimed to have sent to the US. Calling Sprint or Samsung has done nothing but increase frustration. Samsung gave me a bald face lie that a "higher up" will call, of course, no call has come. Sprint claims to have mailed my replacement 10 days ago, but when asked where the shipping details & tracking number are , I was told he didn't have that info and someone would call me back. Of course, no one has. I don't have another phone to use, and Sprint has insisted that my Note 7 will not catch fire, they even reactivated it for me. But everytime I turn it on or charge it up I get the message to power it down & get a replacement. Sprint told me they are not participating in the loaner program, So what am I to do?..Is there a number for the consumer protection agency? I did a quick look online & couldn't find any way to actually contact them.
    09-30-2016 02:42 PM
    Yep still waiting no big, will be worth it can try the new phone 1st to make sure we're good, before returning the old 7.
    Really kinda shocked they haven't shipped.
    Hopefully the new phones from China will have good Quality control
    09-30-2016 02:44 PM
    My current time bomb was made in China and the fit and finish are superb. It also is working just fine.
    Rustler5150 likes this.
    09-30-2016 05:32 PM
    Yikes. Sorry they lied to you. That's my old job. They didn't have them until last Wednesday, not two weeks ago. I can already imagine who said that to you though...
    Lmao!! They didn't lie to me. I had the box and phone in hand. Was exchanging my silver for another silver. While they were attempting to do the swap, two customers came in and bought the phones. Mine and another customer Who were attempting to swap couldn't because of some otm tool software or something.
    09-30-2016 07:24 PM
    My current time bomb was made in China and the fit and finish are superb. It also is working just fine.
    Same here!!
    09-30-2016 08:24 PM
    Damn, damn, damn!!! I was getting my gear on for my motorcycle ride into work this morning and my Note 7 slid off of the seat, landing on a corner of course and shattering the rear glass. Good thing I still have a replacement coming...eventually.
    10-01-2016 09:33 AM
    Went to the corporate store on Jefferson Rd. in Rochester, NY. Was completely painless and took about 30 minutes from start to finish. The rep did the smart switch and also put my screen protector on for me. The only thing I didn't check to make sure was done was my calendar with all my appointments. That was not switched so I lost all of my info as I did the factory reset on the bomb before I noticed.. Spent 20 minutes trying to recreate all of those.

I had no appointment nor did I even call. My name was on no list either.
    bigmo555 likes this.
    10-01-2016 09:51 AM
    Went to the corporate store on Jefferson Rd. in Rochester, NY. Was completely painless and took about 30 minutes from start to finish. The rep did the smart switch and also put my screen protector on for me. The only thing I didn't check to make sure was done was my calendar with all my appointments. That was not switched so I lost all of my info as I did the factory reset on the bomb before I noticed.. Spent 20 minutes trying to recreate all of those.

I had no appointment nor did I even call. My name was on no list either.
    Do you not use the Google Calendar? If so, when you put in your google account information all your appointments should have come back.
    10-01-2016 10:44 AM
    So, I'm in a chat with Sprint to check on the status of my advance exchange and the agent tells me to go to my nearest Sprint store to exchange my phone as the phone is only available in stores. They have about frustrated me to the point of doing it, and dropping and breaking it this morning has only moved me further in that direction.
    gregg6942 likes this.
    10-01-2016 12:17 PM
    Nellie R: Charles, I'll request you to visit the nearest Sprint store to collect Samsung Galaxy Note 7, as this phone is available at the store only
    You: It is inconvenient for me to exchange at the store. Why would they accept an order if they were unable to fill it?
    Nellie R: I completely understand your situation, unfortunately Sprint is not shipping the note 7 to customer's address. All the customer have to visit the nearest store and collect the replaced devices from the store itself.
    10-01-2016 12:19 PM
    Lmao!! They didn't lie to me. I had the box and phone in hand. Was exchanging my silver for another silver. While they were attempting to do the swap, two customers came in and bought the phones. Mine and another customer Who were attempting to swap couldn't because of some otm tool software or something.
    They did lie to you. I was in the local sprint store today and even asked about what happened to you and the manager said that is someone who does not know how to operate the recall the right way. They just did not know the right way to do it which ive been trying to tell you for weeks now. So lied to you? Well they were clueless in how to do the exchange and just bailed on it since this is not a problem ANYWHERE but with that store and you...... or maybe another 1 or 2 other clueless stores.
    10-01-2016 01:09 PM
    Nellie R: Charles, I'll request you to visit the nearest Sprint store to collect Samsung Galaxy Note 7, as this phone is available at the store only
    You: It is inconvenient for me to exchange at the store. Why would they accept an order if they were unable to fill it?
    Nellie R: I completely understand your situation, unfortunately Sprint is not shipping the note 7 to customer's address. All the customer have to visit the nearest store and collect the replaced devices from the store itself.
    Another sprint BS rep as i called the AET yesterday and the order is in when they come in stock. Your mistake was going into the clueless chat and those reps
    Rustler5150 likes this.
    10-01-2016 01:12 PM
    Totally my fault. I should have known better! I'll keep waiting. Especially since I have called 6 stores and none of them have any Note 7's.
    Rustler5150 likes this.
    10-01-2016 01:55 PM
    I'm waiting, patiently for AET Sprint to ship my phone one day
    Rustler5150 likes this.
    10-01-2016 03:40 PM
978 ... 2930313233 ...