10-12-2016 12:43 PM
978 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    No tracking number for me yet. I got the Gear Fit 2 the first time and the Gear VR this time so I'm still hopeful.
    I went back to Samsung with the link to check that's were the tracking number was
    10-06-2016 11:09 AM
    You probably will get it today or tomorrow. Mine was already on the truck for delivery when I got that tracking number from Sprint.
    I have learned to expect the worse with Sprint. My luck, the new phone battery will be jacked up. Or something that ISN'T wrong with my current N7.
    10-06-2016 11:10 AM
    I went back to Samsung with the link to check that's were the tracking number was
    Yeah, I have been checking there. I just placed the order last night so it will probably another day or two to get a tracking number.
    10-06-2016 11:25 AM
    I have learned to expect the worse with Sprint. My luck, the new phone battery will be jacked up. Or something that ISN'T wrong with my current N7.
    I won't get around to swapping my phones over until this weekend, but like you I am really hopeful that the replacement is as good as my time bomb was. At least until I dropped it and broke the back glass. I ordered a Spigen Ultra Hybrid S clear case with kickstand to prevent future glass breakage
    Fobbers likes this.
    10-06-2016 11:26 AM
    Sprint is so backwards. I read on here about people getting there replacements so i thought heck i do not got a email that it is coming or even on my choice ups so i just happen to be home and here comes ups to my house and gives me my phone. I have my replacement phone but as of now i still have no email from sprint with a tracking number or even from ups saying a package is coming to me today which always happens. I had to sign for it so before you go out today make sure ups is not coming to your house
    10-06-2016 01:09 PM
    Sprint is so backwards. I read on here about people getting there replacements so i thought heck i do not got a email that it is coming or even on my choice ups so i just happen to be home and here comes ups to my house and gives me my phone. I have my replacement phone but as of now i still have no email from sprint with a tracking number or even from ups saying a package is coming to me today which always happens. I had to sign for it so before you go out today make sure ups is not coming to your house
    That's funny, ups just left it at my front door.
    10-06-2016 01:35 PM
    That's funny, ups just left it at my front door.
    Many of the drivers will bypass the signature required. But around here nope they want you to sign for it
    10-06-2016 01:47 PM
    I never received an email stating the replacement has shipped or even a tracking #, but the phone was just delivered.
    So there's hope for all to get their's soon !!
    10-06-2016 02:03 PM
    I won't get around to swapping my phones over until this weekend, but like you I am really hopeful that the replacement is as good as my time bomb was. At least until I dropped it and broke the back glass. I ordered a Spigen Ultra Hybrid S clear case with kickstand to prevent future glass breakage
    Lol! You sound like me. I wasn't gonna return this splodey phone but I dropped it while chasing someone and it skittered all the way across the street. The bottom right corner has a small crack where something protruding from the road struck the glass. Omw home from work now and UPS just notified me that the phone has been delievered.

Gonna hurry up and transfer everything so I can put the replacement through a 2 day stress test before I return this one. 🙄
    chazglenn3 and Rustler5150 like this.
    10-06-2016 02:09 PM
    I got my replacement today but... I already have my replacement that I drove 50 miles to get 2 weeks ago. So I'll be sending the second replacement back. I haven't even opened the box. Sprint has done everything about this recall, backwards. So back the second one goes after they send me an RMA kit.
    10-06-2016 05:34 PM
    So I got my replacement yesterday! It was sitting at my front door about 4:30. It seems they are being shipped and the notifications are coming days later. I swapped out the phones, pain in the butt this time around. I took one members advice and submitted for the Gear VR using the packing slip and it went through waiting for approval. Just like he said when it asks for phone choose other...I kept all the accessories including S pen because according to the instructions they just want the phone!
    10-06-2016 05:41 PM
    UPS has had my replacement for two days but aren't delivering because of hurricane evacuation.
    So close, but still so far.
    10-06-2016 05:56 PM
    So a bit of confusion, I Summited for a second memory card with the new phone and got approved a day latter, however when I followed the link it gave me fedx tracking as delivered with my old IMEI number, so I said OK didn't work, so now I get a email saying approved and when I go back to that same link on a old email it says approved waiting shipping with my new IMEI, so I guess it just took time for Samsung to catch up, it did say up to a 12 week wait for shipping but ha no problem if I'm approved.
    Also collected a second gift card on SP $20 ist $10 2nd also have 2 Dunkin Donut cards for $5 each & the best 2 $25 credits from Sprint on my account.
    So this is adding up not to mention all the accessories from 2 phones.
    And the new N7 is working great.
    So I'll take the inconvenience for all the bennys that came with it!
    10-06-2016 05:59 PM
    I used a different email address when I submitted this time because I remembered that you used your email address to check the status and that it might pull up the previous gift. Sounds like it was a good idea.
    Adaboy likes this.
    10-06-2016 06:04 PM
    10-06-2016 09:21 PM
    Looks like T-Mobile stated they would take it back under buyers remorse as well. To bad there is nothing on the market that rivals the Note 7.
    10-06-2016 09:35 PM
    Looks like T-Mobile stated they would take it back under buyers remorse as well. To bad there is nothing on the market that rivals the Note 7.
    Yes there is. The Pixel is the be all, end all, according to AC. lol
    10-06-2016 09:53 PM
    I'm sticking with the Note. One incident with a replacement Note is not enough to get me to switch.
    Super Dave426 and Viscomi4444 like this.
    10-06-2016 10:06 PM
    Today they automatically applied the $25 dollar credit to my phone bill, sweet!! Oh and I did use a different email for my second submission for the VR Head set from the replacement phone. It says its under review at this time, fingers crossed.....
    10-06-2016 10:22 PM
    10-06-2016 10:27 PM
    Same email for promo didn't realize earlier the page scrolled down past and present approvals same page
    10-06-2016 10:34 PM
    Awh Snap I hope it aint true just got mine set up for the long hall!!!
    10-06-2016 10:41 PM
    That's funny, Verizon declined to comment. What's the chances of Verizon doing this on their own.... Just about zero chance.
    10-06-2016 10:55 PM
    I took mine back to T-Mobile but the system was so messed up with returns that the manager just noted it and said they would take it back next week.

Seems like most carriers should take them back if customers are concerned about the device. I really love the device but it is just not worth the hassle when traveling.
    amyf27 likes this.
    10-06-2016 11:12 PM
    That's funny, Verizon declined to comment. What's the chances of Verizon doing this on their own.... Just about zero chance.
    Verizon officially doing what Sprint is doing here? Not sure. But it would depend on the store/manager before official word comes down in how to address this.

My local Verizon corporate store's general manager had offered me a free exchange, no strings attached, before the voluntary and official recall with the first batch of N7s. And he had offered to switch my phone for a new N7 when the next batch arrived (9/21). He seemed genuinely concerned for customer safety. I decided to wait until the recall was official though, before doing an temporary exchange.

I guess it will depend from Verizon to Verizon. Chances are we'll know something sooner than later this time since the CPSC is involved from the start this go around. Until then, this case is what it is: An isolated sitiation. We'll know if we have to take any action soon enough.

Update 10/7: Verizon did extend their return policy for this phone from 14 days to 45 days. Spoke to a rep on the phone and she stated that while it was extended to 45 days, Verizon corporate stores have been pretty helpful if wanting to do an exchange to another phone. She did mention that many folks wanted to exchange their N7 for another N7, but since most stores no inventory, if any, most can't be accommodated at the present time.
    10-06-2016 11:43 PM
978 ... 3334353637 ...