10-12-2016 12:43 PM
978 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    So I had to take the Spen from my original Note and put it in the replacement Note because the one that came with the replacement Note wasn't staying "snug". Not to mention that the new one seems to be lagging....
    🙄
    10-07-2016 06:21 AM
    Looks like T-Mobile stated they would take it back under buyers remorse as well. To bad there is nothing on the market that rivals the Note 7.
    I didn't even Check The T-Mobile site yet I just saw The news about Sprint . I'm interested in hearing what samsung has to say about this potential disaster
    10-07-2016 06:52 AM
    What link are you all using to apply for the VR? At Sprint or Samsung? I want to try with my packing slip. lol
    10-07-2016 06:56 AM
    What link are you all using to apply for the VR? At Sprint or Samsung? I want to try with my packing slip. lol
    https://samsungpromotions.com/
    Julie von Schweets likes this.
    10-07-2016 08:52 AM
    finally my ordeal is over! i walked into my local corporate store to exchange for a galaxy s7 edge. the lady then tells me i think we have notes instock. she comes back and they only had the black one (i had the blue) but i was able to make the exchange. has the green icon and i checked the imei number which checked out.
    10-07-2016 10:21 AM
    If there is any truth to the rumor that is flying around today about Sprint allowing Note 7 owners to exchange for ANY Sprint phone, I may take them up on it and get a 256GB iPhone 7 plus. Not because I want to switch to iOS, but because the resale value will absolutely blow the Note 7 away. Then I can sell the plus in the spring and get the S8 edge.
    10-07-2016 10:38 AM
    I'm sticking with the Note. One incident with a replacement Note is not enough to get me to switch.
    I totally agree. However, if a second and permanent recall is issued...
    10-07-2016 10:43 AM
    If there is any truth to the rumor that is flying around today about Sprint allowing Note 7 owners to exchange for ANY Sprint phone, I may take them up on it and get a 256GB iPhone 7 plus. Not because I want to switch to iOS, but because the resale value will absolutely blow the Note 7 away. Then I can sell the plus in the spring and get the S8 edge.
    I have an appointment with Sprint this morning to see if this is true. It's all over the web including Android Central. I really hate to do this, but I travel extensively and just can't deal with the hassle. Just yesterday I flew on two Southwest flights and got conflicting information throughout the day, with the majority being 'turn it off, no airplane mode, just turn it off".

I'll report back to what I find out.
    Ca_lvn likes this.
    10-07-2016 10:47 AM
    I think come spring time were all going to want the S8, haven't talked to any store to confirm what media is saying.
    And once again investigation determines the outcome of a lot of this.
    Looks like a short window for any exchange only during the investigation
    10-07-2016 10:49 AM
    I really love the device but it is just not worth the hassle when traveling.
    I agree with you. From what I'm reading, it seems like travel is hit or miss with it. I have a business in a couple weeks and hope this all gets more clarity before I go. I moved from iOS to Android and love the phone and my moto 360. I guess it's just a waiting game to see what AT&T's next move will be.
    10-07-2016 11:13 AM
    I agree with you. From what I'm reading, it seems like travel is hit or miss with it. I have a business in a couple weeks and hope this all gets more clarity before I go. I moved from iOS to Android and love the phone and my moto 360. I guess it's just a waiting game to see what AT&T's next move will be.
    Sounds like AT&T is accepting returns on the Note 7 and from other threads on posts around the net they seem to be canceling orders that were placed for the Note 7. I am guessing that most of the carriers would like to put this behind them and get their customers on phones that no one has to worry so much about.
    10-07-2016 11:26 AM
    Yep, am now seeing news about that as well. I guess I have to decide if I want to go back to iOS.
    10-07-2016 12:15 PM
    I'm not giving it back unless they do a recall like before .... .If that happens I'm choosing another device.....But if it's voluntary I'm keeping it
    10-07-2016 12:19 PM
    Of course none of the Sprint stores have the iPhone 7 plus in stock. So, if push comes to shove I guess I'll get an S7 edge. Sure hope it doesn't come to that.
    10-07-2016 12:24 PM
    If Verizon offers a similar return policy for replacement N7s, then mine is going back.

I love this phone, but I just don't want to be stigmatized for having THAT phone, ya know. I do a lot of traveling for work and if having a Note 7 makes travel even a little more inconvenient than it already is, then I'm done.
    ihbsbA likes this.
    10-07-2016 12:41 PM
    That's my issue. I work for an airline and fly frequently. I already have been inconvenienced by not being about to listen to music or watch movies on transcontinental flights.
    10-07-2016 01:27 PM
    I will probably fly twice before I get my next phone, and have a tablet, so I'm not too worried about not being able to use this device on planes. If, however, the phone starts getting banned in general, or if I have to constantly defend having it, I'm going to regret being an owner. I wonder how long the exchange offer will last. Right now, I do not want to give this thing up.

I might consider a Pixel XL if it were offered as a subsidized phone on a 2 year contract extension. Downgrading to an S7 or S7 Edge is also a possibility.
    10-07-2016 01:40 PM
    Seems AT&T is offering to swap the Note 7 for a different device as well.
    10-07-2016 02:42 PM
    Well I finally got a notification from ups and an email from sprint this morning that I will have my replacement note 7 today at some point. I was in shock that I actually am getting it.

As far as nextr year goes, I'll get a note 8 next year more than likely.
    10-07-2016 02:44 PM
    I'm not giving it back unless they do a recall like before .... .If that happens I'm choosing another device.....But if it's voluntary I'm keeping it
    Same here.
    10-07-2016 02:48 PM
    Regarding the Samsung Promos, I know some got to triple dip. So I was only able to double dip but my double dip was twice on the first N7 promo. With the recalled Note I got the SD card, then on Sept 21st I got my replacement and submitted for the Gearfit 2 Small which was the last day you could submit for the first promo. It took a while to get approved so didn't think it would work because my exchange receipt was outside the purchase dates, I figured what the hell, if it doesnt work I'll just do the VR promo. So after 8 days they got back to me and said my receipt was outside the purchase dates for the promo, so I then resubmitted with the receipt for the original Note and was approved 24 hours later. The Gearfit 2 is now in route, so thanks defective battery! Also got the $20 & $10 Samsung Rewards bonuses and $10 in D&D rewards. Also kept all accessories from the original phone, even the box and S Pen. Not bad.
    10-07-2016 02:48 PM
    Well, of course none of the Sprint stores here have an iPhone 7 plus in stock in any color. So much for that idea. I'm back to they can have my Note 7 "when they pry it from my cold, dead and possibly charred hands" as I read in another thread
    10-07-2016 02:51 PM
    Seems AT&T is offering to swap the Note 7 for a different device as well.
    All four of the major US carriers are offering the swap now
    ibcop likes this.
    10-07-2016 02:52 PM
    Source? Haven't heard anything about Verizon yet
    10-07-2016 02:55 PM
    According to some websites, it says it only applies to the 14 day window ?
    10-07-2016 02:56 PM
978 ... 3435363738 ...