10-12-2016 12:43 PM
978 ... 37383940
tools
    The Sprint store won't exchange mine because I'm on a contract plan. I'm sitting in the parking lot trying to get through to Sprint on the phone.

Edit: Been on hold forever. Reps put me on hold then I was cut off twice. Back to the beginning of the queue.
    That's my biggest concern, I used an upgrade to get this phone and without authorization how can I return it?
    10-11-2016 05:31 PM
    That's my biggest concern, I used an upgrade to get this phone and without authorization how can I return it?
    Well, I still have not spoken with someone who can help. The first tier support has agreed to call me when they have the next level in the line. This last try took an hour of being on hold.
    10-11-2016 05:42 PM
    I'm most irritated that I used an upgrade for this phone and passed on my n5 to my son. I would be willing to wait for n8 if I can purchase it at upgrade price (I'm not going to lease a phone) - I wonder if this will be considered a special case and let us have a lot of leeway in this instance? I hate how this looks for Samsung, I also heard that the s8 may be pushed out sooner than originally planned. Thoughts?
    10-11-2016 06:08 PM
    The Sprint store won't exchange mine because I'm on a contract plan. I'm sitting in the parking lot trying to get through to Sprint on the phone.

Edit: Been on hold forever. Reps put me on hold then I was cut off twice. Back to the beginning of the queue.
    I'm pretty sure they aren't going to have a choice, soon.
    10-11-2016 06:08 PM
    The plan is a complete purge by end of year. By then they might figure out the problem.
    10-11-2016 06:39 PM
    I guess it all depend on who you talk to...... Until its in writing, I know folks will get varied results. But thanks for the info, gives me something to hit them up with.
    10-11-2016 06:40 PM
    I had 2 lines. Walked out of best buy with 3 lines on the BoGO deal Note 7 release. I want to trade in my N7s to best buy and then deal with AT&T. I traded in one phone for a N7, I paid an upgrade fee for another N7 and added new line on that Note 7. New line number went to my old note 5 which I gave to my son. Will I lose the new number if I return the note 7 and go to AT&T to add a phone there ? Basically I put the new line on an old phone. Does it matter?

Any other slick advice on how to return 2 note 7s to best buy. Should I pay them off, then say thanks now I want my refund for the Note 7s? .

I just don't want to deal with BB Anymore, most of the employees are morons.

I also want on the v20 Pre-order thru att and I want to keep the new number I got on note 7 release , I don't want to screw the kid over with another new number, he is disabled and a new number would confuse the hell out of him.

I am getting confused writing this so I hope I makes sense.
    10-11-2016 06:59 PM
    You will not lose the 3rd line no matter what you do with the n7 devices. The rest made my head hurt.
    naturecannon and imlegend84 like this.
    10-11-2016 07:19 PM
    After many hours, here is the best option I was given. Return my Note to the store for a refund. My contact will be cancelled, making me eligible for an upgrade. Order a Edge online.
    ihbsbA likes this.
    10-11-2016 07:32 PM
    After many hours, here is the best option I was given. Return my Note to the store for a refund. My contact will be cancelled, making me eligible for an upgrade. Order a Edge online.
    I'm thinking of the Pixel.
    10-11-2016 08:05 PM
    Does it say that on their site though? I thought it just said they are continuing their ongoing investigation.
    Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:07 PM
    Ok

You created a new line to get the bogo.
    You had a N5 free now, so you put it on the new 3rd line.
    In this special situation, you could get out of the 3rd line without penalty, but you want to keep it, and you can.

He continues to use the N5, and you now have 2 lines that are eligible for an upgrade.
    The only drawback is you are now going to be paying for each phone since you aren't on a bogo.
    10-11-2016 08:12 PM
    I'm thinking of the Pixel.
    It looks cool, but can't be bought on contact.
    10-11-2016 08:55 PM
    It looks cool, but can't be bought on contact.
    Oops, what? Didn't know that!
    10-11-2016 10:19 PM
    Ever since Sprint got rid of the 20 month cycle and replaced it with the 24 minimum, I've had to be very careful with watching the contract end dates.

Since the note 4 came out in October 2014, I had to jump through a ton of hoops in order to pre-order the note 7 in august before my contract end date (about 10 hours in phone calls) , 9 of them on hold.

At the moment I can get my next upgrade 22 months from now in august 2018. Does anyone know if i exchange my note 7 if it will reset my next upgrade to October 2018?

Taking that a step further, I am also considering on borrowing an old phone for 5 months and upgrading to the S8 when it comes out. Any ideas on if can pull off not pushing my upgrade cycle then?

I would ask Sprint, but I hate calling them and they are clueless. Half the time their CSRs are not even aware that they still have contracts.
    10-11-2016 11:24 PM
    For those that swapped for the S7 Edge, did they credit the difference in price back to you? If so, how much? Thanks
    10-12-2016 12:37 AM
    Ever since Sprint got rid of the 20 month cycle and replaced it with the 24 minimum, I've had to be very careful with watching the contract end dates.

Since the note 4 came out in October 2014, I had to jump through a ton of hoops in order to pre-order the note 7 in august before my contract end date (about 10 hours in phone calls) , 9 of them on hold.

At the moment I can get my next upgrade 22 months from now in august 2018. Does anyone know if i exchange my note 7 if it will reset my next upgrade to October 2018?

Taking that a step further, I am also considering on borrowing an old phone for 5 months and upgrading to the S8 when it comes out. Any ideas on if can pull off not pushing my upgrade cycle then?

I would ask Sprint, but I hate calling them and they are clueless. Half the time their CSRs are not even aware that they still have contracts.
    By no means should your contract be reset from exchanging your NOTE 7 for another device, Your contract should remain the same as when you initially got your Note 7. This is a recall. If for any reason Spring TRIES to make you resign, which I doubt they will, but if they do, let them know you will be contacting the FCC. And they had better get a manager to speak with you about their policy
    10-12-2016 12:58 AM
    I tried to exchange my N7 for a S7E yesterday. I went to the Milford OH store first. Store #251498. I got to the store 15 minutes before closing. The store manager Matt saw that I was trying to exchange a Note 7 and proceeded to tell me that they are out of the S7E. When I looked online, I could take a S7E to checkout and pick up in that store. I asked him to check if the Eastgate store has any and he said he cannot check but he can give me a phone number to call. Seriously lacking customer service. As soon as i walked out the door, the door was locked. I then went to the Eastgate store #217104. One of the reps saw my N7 box and came out asking me if I want to “upgrade”. I told him this would be a downgrade, not an upgrade. They did have a S7E in stock so he proceeded with the exchange. His system crashed so he had to call support. I asked the rep if this will be done today, he said yes. I then proceeded to erase my phone. Two minutes later, he asked me where I bought it. I bought it at the Rookwood store #2093. After 45 minutes of waiting he told me I have to return the phone to that store. This is ridiculous. Is Sprint not Sprint anymore? Every other carrier lets you return to any of their stores but Sprint.
    10-12-2016 06:46 AM
    Oops, what? Didn't know that!
    You have to buy it at full price and have it activated on Sprint through some process I don't really know about.

I tried to exchange my N7 for a S7E yesterday. I went to the Milford OH store first. Store #251498. I got to the store 15 minutes before closing. The store manager Matt saw that I was trying to exchange a Note 7 and proceeded to tell me that they are out of the S7E. When I looked online, I could take a S7E to checkout and pick up in that store. I asked him to check if the Eastgate store has any and he said he cannot check but he can give me a phone number to call. Seriously lacking customer service. As soon as i walked out the door, the door was locked. I then went to the Eastgate store #217104. One of the reps saw my N7 box and came out asking me if I want to “upgrade”. I told him this would be a downgrade, not an upgrade. They did have a S7E in stock so he proceeded with the exchange. His system crashed so he had to call support. I asked the rep if this will be done today, he said yes. I then proceeded to erase my phone. Two minutes later, he asked me where I bought it. I bought it at the Rookwood store #2093. After 45 minutes of waiting he told me I have to return the phone to that store. This is ridiculous. Is Sprint not Sprint anymore? Every other carrier lets you return to any of their stores but Sprint.
    I asked the CS rep that exact question on the phone yesterday. I understand they probably have a very complex organization. But it should not be the customer who has to navigate it. They should just do whatever their company policy is for the customer where every the customer makes contact and then work through the system internally.
    10-12-2016 08:25 AM
    From the Sprint website this morning - Says nothing about a refund!!!
    Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread-sprint-note-7-returns.png
    10-12-2016 09:27 AM
    Yea,

Their website also says "regardless of where you purchased it" The 2 stores I went to last night told me I have to bring it back to the store I got it from. What if I got the Note 5 states away? Would Sprint make me fly there to return it?
    10-12-2016 09:34 AM
    10-12-2016 10:48 AM
    Another 2 hours on the phone. This is where I'm at. I return the phone to a store. Then someone (me? the store?) calls to get the contract reset. Then I go online and order a new phone with in-store pickup. Then I return to the store and get my new phone.

Why in the bleep should I have to be the one to do all the work? I've literally put in more than 5 hours to figure out how I can do unpaid work for Sprint so a phone can be exchanged.
    10-12-2016 11:17 AM
    Another 2 hours on the phone. This is where I'm at. I return the phone to a store. Then someone (me? the store?) calls to get the contract reset. Then I go online and order a new phone with in-store pickup. Then I return to the store and get my new phone.

Why in the bleep should I have to be the one to do all the work? I've literally put in more than 5 hours to figure out how I can do unpaid work for Sprint so a phone can be exchanged.
    Email marci@sprint.com and explain your situation. I did and had a call from the executive escalation team. They called one of the stores I went to yesterday and told them to do my exchange. Heading there after work, we'll see how it goes.
    10-12-2016 11:22 AM
    Email marci@sprint.com and explain your situation. I did and had a call from the executive escalation team. They called one of the stores I went to yesterday and told them to do my exchange. Heading there after work, we'll see how it goes.
    Thanks. Gave that a try. We'll see.
    10-12-2016 11:44 AM
978 ... 37383940