10-12-2016 12:43 PM
978 ... 56789 ...
tools
    As I call Sprint stores and get the run around this morning, I'm seriously considering not only returning the note 7 but not getting another phone at all because no other phone with sprint excites me! I might go as far as buying a mobile hotspot and running with a tablet with a Google voice #! Then reconsider when the note 8 or another worthy phone comes out!

That's how frustrated and exhausted I am! Exhausted with Sammy, sprint, news, mean spirited jokes, etc...
    I use my Note 7 as a hot spot with Easy Teather Pro
    09-09-2016 09:59 AM
    I use my Note 7 as a hot spot with Easy Teather Pro
    Oh I use my note as a hotspot as well with foxfi, but since they can't supply me with a new safe note 7 in a timely manner, I have grown frustrated and have thoughts of completely bypassing a phone all together!
    09-09-2016 10:02 AM
    Oh I use my note as a hotspot as well with foxfi, but since they can't supply me with a new safe note 7 in a timely manner, I have grown frustrated and have thoughts of completely bypassing a phone all together!
    Yep totally understand that
    09-09-2016 10:03 AM
    My local store (suburbs of Minneapolis) says they are hopeful they will get a shipment in by 1 today. *fingers crossed*
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-09-2016 10:06 AM
    My store in Miami is hopeful also to get fresh inventory today.
    09-09-2016 10:18 AM
    And of course I moved from Miami to here where they say "no idea". LOL
    09-09-2016 10:20 AM
    Hopefully my store who keeps changing times on me will have one today, the last time they gave me was 3pm if they get any. That's when I will decide to initiate operation eff, this whole phone stuff! Or walk out of Sprint with a smile and shiny new safe note 7.
    09-09-2016 10:27 AM
    Noted and done. I posted on Sprint's own community forum and emailed corporate escalation.

I'll post back once I hear from Sprint.
    Post on their Twitter and Facebook page too, public embarrassment works.
    09-09-2016 11:08 AM
    Which storein Miami if you don't mind me asking? The Coral Gables store literally just told me to call back Monday 5 minutes ago.
    09-09-2016 11:14 AM
    Used to live really close.
    I am in near UM.
    robber likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:15 AM
    Just spoke to my local corporate store and he took my name and phone number and said he would call if they came in today, and if he didn't call me because of "iPhone" sales, to call back about three pm. He is holding one for me in my color if they do come in.
    09-09-2016 12:09 PM
    My local store (suburbs of Minneapolis) says they are hopeful they will get a shipment in by 1 today. *fingers crossed*
    These didn't show up. Oh well.
    09-09-2016 01:07 PM
    My local store in Sarasota who are nice said they got there truck but none today came in ups
    09-09-2016 01:11 PM
    I called 4 different Sprint stores and nobody has any note 7's. I went to the one that told me yesterday that they were going to get a shipment in at 3 o'clock today to see if they got any but of course they didn't. However, it just so happens a Samsung rep was there onsite at that moment and he spoke with me and said that I really could keep the device until a shipment comes in. He said of the problems that have happened all of the people where charging batteries overnight or charging the batteries to 100 and still keeping the phone's plugged up for long periods of time after reaching 100%. He said as long as I'm charging to 100% and then taking the phone off the charger I won't have any problems. He then gave my name, number and the color of my note 7 to the store manager and he said the store manager would call me when the new batch of note 7s comes in which they hope will be next week.

Needless to say he saved Samsung from loosing a longtime customer. I was ready to jump ship out of frustration!
    09-09-2016 02:14 PM
    I was ready to jump ship out of frustration!
    I think I am done with the Note7 and am ready to jump ship. I don't know what I will get next. I left my LG G3 to come to this and I truly love the Note7 but I am so hesitant to move forward with it. I think I will just get my money back on it and go back to the G3 and see what happens for a while.
    09-09-2016 03:06 PM
    Which storein Miami if you don't mind me asking? The Coral Gables store literally just told me to call back Monday 5 minutes ago.
    Midtown - Just called again and no note 7's yet, maybe Monday they said.
    toenail_flicker and robber like this.
    09-09-2016 03:31 PM
    Ive never hears so much crying in my life. They will be in stock soon. If yo want to go to a diferent phone then go you have the right. But to cry about it like a child is stupid.
    09-09-2016 03:37 PM
    I truly understand. Had it not been for that Samsung rep setting me a little at ease I wouldve been done. At least till the note 8.
    09-09-2016 04:07 PM
    Wow read this. So does this mean that there are no N7's coming? Cause read this and it looks like they're not.

The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission officially piped in on the Galaxy Note 7 recall on Friday afternoon, asking owners of the Galaxy Note 7 to officially stop using their Galaxy Note 7 smartphones. The CPSC said it will announce an official recall soon, following Samsung’s own recall last week.

The news follows the FAA’s recent warning to consumers to power down or stop using smartphones before boarding planes, but this is much more serious.

“When these batteries overheat and burst, the results can be serious. This is why the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is urging all consumers who own a Samsung Galaxy Note7 to power them down and stop charging or using the device.” The results can indeed be serious. Yesterday, for example, a man in Florida said a Galaxy Note 7 left charging in his car was responsible for burning the Jeep Cherokee to the ground.

The CPSC said it is working with Samsung to “formally announce an official recall of the devices as soon as possible.” It also said it’s going to investigate whether or not “a replacement Galaxy Note 7 is an acceptable remedy for Samsung or their phone carriers to provide to consumers.”

“Samsung continues to ensure that consumer safety remains our top priority. We are asking users to power down their Galaxy Note7s and exchange them now.” Samsung Electronics America president Tim Baxter said. “New Note7 replacement devices will be issued to exchange program participants upon completion of the CPSC process. In the interim, consumers can return their Note 7 for another device.”

Samsung said that it still only knows of “a small number of reported incidents” and that all shipments of affected inventory have been halted. Galaxy Note 7 owners can exchange their device for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge or for a loaner phone from U.S. carriers. Galaxy Note 7 owners who haven’t exchanged their unit yet are urged to do so by either visiting the store they purchased the phone from or by calling 1800-SAMSUNG.
    09-09-2016 04:30 PM
    Now look at this.

Galaxy Note7 Exchange Program

Now it is official no new Notes are going to be sent till the CPSC says that they can be sent. What to do now. I really want to keep my Note i do not want a lesser phone in the S7 as to me it is. But heck how long is this going to be? And can we keep the phone till maybe Nov?
    09-09-2016 04:34 PM
    Yeal that will be a long delay , but on the upside for everyones safty.
    The sauga continues
    09-09-2016 04:53 PM
    Now look at this.

Galaxy Note7 Exchange Program

Now it is official no new Notes are going to be sent till the CPSC says that they can be sent. What to do now. I really want to keep my Note i do not want a lesser phone in the S7 as to me it is. But heck how long is this going to be? And can we keep the phone till maybe Nov?
    That is what I am wondering. Can we opt out of the exchange program and still swap our phones for new Note 7's whenever they are available?
    Teamjones likes this.
    09-09-2016 06:47 PM
    More missed/bad information so after the cpsc I called the local sprint store and asked about returning my phone [im outside the 14 day grace period] the employee says no return , so I ask for a loner he says there out and thing else I can do for you.
    There was a lot of noise in the backgound so maby there busy? But I spent 1k and thats the best you can do wow.
    Unfortunately I sold my note 4 when I bought this phone that was in perfect shape.
    So what now my only option is to power off and have no phone really Sprint..........
    09-09-2016 08:06 PM
    Seems to me that stores are no longer wanting to offer loaner phones, this is true at my store in Miami. I am sure the management running them wants new phone inventory to support new activations which is how their performance is judged.

EDIT; It appears that the loaner is no longer being offered period. Sprint's recall options no longer list that option.

I traded in my s6edge+ towards the note. Now I am being told to power it down and not use it. With the loaner no longer available, it forces me to return for a different phone but there is nothing that I want to commit to. Kind of in a pickle here!
    09-10-2016 03:37 AM
    Has anyone with sprint get any kind of notification about the recall from sprint or samsung? I haven't received anything. They haven't sent me any information or notification about anything that is going on or what my options are. I think that's pretty irresponsible considering the risk.
    09-10-2016 04:34 AM
978 ... 56789 ...