Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
[WARN]UPDATE: The Samsung Galaxy Note7 has been officially recalled. Users who own a Note7 will be able to exchange their unit for another one.

Samsung announces global Galaxy Note 7 recall following battery explosions | Android Central
[/WARN]

[NOTE]Please use this thread for SPRINT only. For an updated list of official statements from Samsung and carriers, plus what to do if you're affected, and links to the other carrier threads, please check the following link.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7/719826-psa-note-7-recall.html[/NOTE]

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Note recall and my local Sprint store

I just stopped by my local Sprint store where I purchased my Note 7. They were very understanding and helpful with the issue. The gave me several options. Flat out return (seeing as I traded in my old phone, not really an option). Exchange the phone for something entirely different. Get a loner to use until the new stock arrives if I am not comfortable using it. Or, keep using my Note 7 until the new stock arrives and just exchange it for a new one then. They said they were told one to two weeks until new stock arrives. And they did confirm I will receive a new phone, not a refurbished one. Seeing as the percentage of bad phones is most likely very small and that I haven't had any issues with mine and (it has never even felt warm) I decided to just keep using it. All in all, it should be a pretty painless recall exchange. After two weeks I still feel this is the best phone I have ever used and has the best battery life of of any phone I have every had. One thought I did have is that if the bad batteries in the current Note 7's are somehow sub par, I wonder if the batteries in the newer ones will perform a bit better?

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I went by my Sprint store today too and had the same experience. I'm waiting until the new ones get in as well. Mine was made in China and that is where they have not had any problems.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I too will wait, my phone is fine I've only used the fast charge every time I've charged it. I'll fire off an email to square trade and see how complicated switching the insurance will be.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I called and same thing. I told them ill keep it till the new one comes in and i bought it online from sprint so even though i got it from there website i can return it still to them. If you dial *2 it will tell you the same thing.

bar1203

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
For the people who already returned their phone, did sprint require everything to be returned (box/charger/ect) or just the phone?

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I just stopped by my local Sprint store where I purchased my Note 7. They were very understanding and helpful with the issue. The gave me several options. Flat out return (seeing as I traded in my old phone, not really an option). Exchange the phone for something entirely different. Get a loner to use until the new stock arrives if I am not comfortable using it. Or, keep using my Note 7 until the new stock arrives and just exchange it for a new one then. They said they were told one to two weeks until new stock arrives. And they did confirm I will receive a new phone, not a refurbished one. Seeing as the percentage of bad phones is most likely very small and that I haven't had any issues with mine and (it has never even felt warm) I decided to just keep using it. All in all, it should be a pretty painless recall exchange. After two weeks I still feel this is the best phone I have ever used and has the best battery life of of any phone I have every had. One thought I did have is that if the bad batteries in the current Note 7's are somehow sub par, I wonder if the batteries in the newer ones will perform a bit better?

Did you put your name on a waiting list?

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
NEWEST UPDATE:
Sprint Update on Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Exchange | Sprint Newsroom

Sprint Update on Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Exchange

Earlier today Samsung discontinued sales of the Galaxy Note 7 device globally following isolated battery cell issues. As a result, Sprint announced it was immediately suspending sales of the Note 7.

Sprint is working closely with Samsung and will be participating in its U.S. Product Exchange Program for Galaxy Note 7 users to ensure we quickly address the needs of customers who already have purchased the device.

Sprint Note 7 customers have three options:

Customers can replace their current Galaxy Note 7 with a new one when stock becomes available.
Customers also have the choice of immediately exchanging their device for a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge; this includes replacement of any Note 7 accessories with a refund for any price difference between devices.
Sprint will allow customers to exchange their Note 7 for any Sprint device and will reimburse any price differences and waive any restocking and shipping fees.

Sprint customers should visit the store where they purchased their Note 7 and a Sprint team member will gladly help customers get up and running with their new device on the Sprint network. Sprint Note 7 customers can also call 1-800-SPRINT1 for information on how to exchange their device.

As a gesture of appreciation, Samsung is offering customers a $25 gift card at Sprint retail outlets when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note 7 within the exchange program.

The link to the latest communication from Samsung can be found at Samsung U.S. Newsroom| Latest News, press resources, inspiring stories about Samsung Electronics America - Samsung Newsroom and customers can reach Samsung directly by calling 1-800-SAMSUNG.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I got our Note 7's at Best Buy on our Sprint Account. Sprint will do nothing for us. BestBuy says they would have to be returned within 14 days of purchase or we will have to deal direct with Samsung.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
NEWEST UPDATE:
Sprint Update on Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Exchange | Sprint Newsroom

Sprint Update on Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Exchange

Earlier today Samsung discontinued sales of the Galaxy Note 7 device globally following isolated battery cell issues. As a result, Sprint announced it was immediately suspending sales of the Note 7.

Sprint is working closely with Samsung and will be participating in its U.S. Product Exchange Program for Galaxy Note 7 users to ensure we quickly address the needs of customers who already have purchased the device.

Sprint Note 7 customers have three options:

Customers can replace their current Galaxy Note 7 with a new one when stock becomes available.
Customers also have the choice of immediately exchanging their device for a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge; this includes replacement of any Note 7 accessories with a refund for any price difference between devices.
Sprint will allow customers to exchange their Note 7 for any Sprint device and will reimburse any price differences and waive any restocking and shipping fees.

Sprint customers should visit the store where they purchased their Note 7 and a Sprint team member will gladly help customers get up and running with their new device on the Sprint network. Sprint Note 7 customers can also call 1-800-SPRINT1 for information on how to exchange their device.

As a gesture of appreciation, Samsung is offering customers a $25 gift card at Sprint retail outlets when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note 7 within the exchange program.

The link to the latest communication from Samsung can be found at Samsung U.S. Newsroom| Latest News, press resources, inspiring stories about Samsung Electronics America - Samsung Newsroom and customers can reach Samsung directly by calling 1-800-SAMSUNG.

Wow, it is great to have so many options. We get to take a peek at the v20 and new iPhone within this window. Chances are I am sticking with my note, but this is unprecedented flexibility.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I got our Note 7's at Best Buy on our Sprint Account. Sprint will do nothing for us. BestBuy says they would have to be returned within 14 days of purchase or we will have to deal direct with Samsung.

That is not good. Since Samsung is footing the bill don't know why either BB or Sprint would care. Samsung promised to make this painless so I hope someone steps up to do the right thing.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

I would give them a day or two in order to catch up. I bet their message will be different. I also expect that as an official Samsung/Sprint partner they will be required to participate with the recall.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I learned my lesson and won't buy through Best Buy again, they called me and set up an appointment to pick up my phone and were supposed to set it up but then reneged when they realized I made a web purchase. I will fire off a nastygram to corporate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown