Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Things might change with Best Buy, I don't know. I'm sure it is going to take a few days for carriers, Samsung and retailers to get this all lined up to do.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I got our Note 7's at Best Buy on our Sprint Account. Sprint will do nothing for us. BestBuy says they would have to be returned within 14 days of purchase or we will have to deal direct with Samsung.
Yeah. Had that happen in the past and this is why I won't buy from Best Buy.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I learned my lesson and won't buy through Best Buy again, they called me and set up an appointment to pick up my phone and were supposed to set it up but then reneged when they realized I made a web purchase. I will fire off a nastygram to corporate.
Same here. Made the mistake one time and won't do again.

rgh718

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you can get a refurbished phone because it's a new stock correct? i'm gonna hold on to mine until the new stock comes in even though my phone has been getting warm.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Called my store. They are slammed. Decided not to sit in a line to swap out for a temporary. Corporate is saying one week, but who really knows at this point. I think I'll hang on to mine for the moment until the dust settles.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I went to 2 different corporate Sprint stores and neither had a clue as to what to do. I was the first person that came into both stores to discuss the recall. I'll try again tomorrow after this latest news release.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I called my store and they weren't helpful at all. No list to put my name down or anything. If I bought at Sam's Club do I go back there or to a Sprint Store?

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I only buy phones from sprint store or Sprint online just less hassle with returns, warranty etc. I bought a Touch Pro 2 a Best Buy once went to activate it and bam some how I had a $200 credit on my account. That's the same amount I paid in store at Best buy to upgrade... I'll just wait until new stock comes in, I may run up to Sprint to see if there is a waiting list. Any how my phone says made in China and I haven't had any heating issues not even getting warm using an Note 2 Brick with a Besty 6 ft USB C cable.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Sprint but purchased at BestBuy because I get gift cards from work and discounts occasionally. I haven't called them and will wait until they, or Samsung, start contacting people. My Note 7 has been great. It gets warm when fast charging like all of my fast charging phones have, which means jack poo if the battery wants to explode randomly, but I'm comfortable with it for now. I'm tempted to get a loaner if they offer them just to see if they say "hey you can just keep that" lol.

dec3ption

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
So has anyone that purchased from Best Buy contacted Sprint? Today is the last day of my return with Best Buy and I am in the middle of a hurricane but also have no other phone to use. I'm hoping that I can return to a Sprint store for a straight swap. I'm also leaving the country next Wednesday for 2 weeks so it's a storm of bad timing :(

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Video: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 Phones After Battery Fires!
This is a link to a video of a guys phone who caught fire. Not sure if this is posted or not...

So it caught fire right when he unplugged it to put it on his belt? That sucks. I wouldn't be holding and touching the dam thing if it looked like that and the fire had just gone out. That thing would be sitting in my driveway or back patio away from everything and everyone.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
That could have easily been 3rd degree burns to his body causing a visit to the ER then burn unit. I work on trauma/surgery floor and we get patients from freak accidents like this every week! Makes me want to get an Otter Box :eek:

Marky310

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I just stopped by my local Sprint store where I purchased my Note 7. They were very understanding and helpful with the issue. The gave me several options. Flat out return (seeing as I traded in my old phone, not really an option). Exchange the phone for something entirely different. Get a loner to use until the new stock arrives if I am not comfortable using it. Or, keep using my Note 7 until the new stock arrives and just exchange it for a new one then. They said they were told one to two weeks until new stock arrives. And they did confirm I will receive a new phone, not a refurbished one. Seeing as the percentage of bad phones is most likely very small and that I haven't had any issues with mine and (it has never even felt warm) I decided to just keep using it. All in all, it should be a pretty painless recall exchange. After two weeks I still feel this is the best phone I have ever used and has the best battery life of of any phone I have every had. One thought I did have is that if the bad batteries in the current Note 7's are somehow sub par, I wonder if the batteries in the newer ones will perform a bit better?

This persuaded me. I didn't want to be without my note but if they'll let me keep it while I wait, definetly going in to Sprint tomorrow

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I called sprint tonight and they said i would get a text or email when new stock arrives. They said about 1 or 2 weeks. He said i had to goto a corporate store to exchange it even though i bought it from telesales.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm just going to enjoy usingy phone without a screen cover until the new ones arrive and then swap it out. Hopefully the new ones have better reception too, my note 7 is horrible compared to my note 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63