Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I never said I didn't want to do it. If the new note 7s were here today I would do it immediately. But they're not and since I bought my phone through best buy and not directly from sprint, I appear to be way down in the queue for getting a new Note7. Best Buy is estimating 4 to 6 weeks before they will have replacement phones (I guess the carriers are getting priority). I will exchange my phone when the replacements arrive since BB is not offering loaners.
Also check with Sprint. Some carriers are handling BB returns. Also seems BB is honoring the S7 Samsung loaner. You might want to check the Best Buy recall thread. Seems now corporate Best Buy is getting stores on board.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Also check with Sprint. Some carriers are handling BB returns. Also seems BB is honoring the S7 Samsung loaner. You might want to check the Best Buy recall thread. Seems now corporate Best Buy is getting stores on board.
OK Thanks. Doesn't hurt to ask.

kh965

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sprint: Note7 sales suspended due to battery cell issues. Visit Sprint store to return or replace device. Sprint Update on Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Exchange | Sprint Newsroom Data rates may apply. FreeMsg

just recieved this in a text from Sprint...

I visited my Sprint store today, was given the three options, I told them I wanted to wait for the new N7's because I love my S pen :). They didn't have a list, just told me to call at the end of next week. As I was leaving got the text from Sprint.

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I visited my Sprint store today, was given the three options, I told them I wanted to wait for the new N7's because I love my S pen :). They didn't have a list, just told me to call at the end of next week. As I was leaving got the text from Sprint.
Haven't receive a text from sprint yet.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

You might want to read the thread too, the latest poster said BB would swap their phone for an S7 and that's it no swap back to the Note.

I just got the text from Sprint, I'll wait until they get some replacements.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You might want to read the thread too, the latest poster said BB would swap their phone for an S7 and that's it no swap back to the Note.

I just got the text from Sprint, I'll wait until they get some replacements.
I have read the thread, along with several hundreds of threads..

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I called and same thing. I told them ill keep it till the new one comes in and i bought it online from sprint so even though i got it from there website i can return it still to them. If you dial *2 it will tell you the same thing.

Yep I ordered on the Sprint website, so I called Sprint and there is a helpful message that says go to a Sprint store to exchange the phone for a different phone or wait till late next week to exchange for a new note 7.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yep I ordered on the Sprint website, so I called Sprint and there is a helpful message that says go to a Sprint store to exchange the phone for a different phone or wait till late next week to exchange for a new note 7.

I ordered my through Sprint website as well. I can wait as the phone is working fine. I'll just do as others said charge it before bed and keep it off my body(parts);)

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm a cellphone junkie and have at my disposal a Galaxy S7 Edge, and an iPhone 6s Plus that I can use in the meantime until the new Note 7's come out. I need help...

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Called my store this morning. They told me I can come get a phone to use or just use this until next Friday. Seeing my phone never even gets hot I probably don't have to worry.. He told me they will have new batch next Friday and to just come in and swap.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Sprint...good experience with recall info

Like everyone else, I'd called yesterday to my local carrier office (Sprint) to find out what was up. To no one's surprise, no one knew anything yet. I left my phone number and they said they'd get back to me.

This afternoon, I got a call from the store, they provided a stock statement and gave me three options:

Return unconditionally now with no repercussions and they'd be happy to setup a new device with me in store.

Swap out my phone for a new Note 7, they expected stock as early as Friday. They mentioned I didn't need to bring box or cables or anything and that They'd be happy to compensate me for any screen protectors I'd lose (by way of store credit or cash if I brouvht a receipt) as well I wouldn't get any activation fees.

They also offered to swap out my phone for a Gs7 edge temporarily, but that they were going to run low on stock. So I should come in if that's what I wanted to do (soon).

When I said I'd hold on until Friday, they said fine...told me I was welcome to change my mind. Made an appointment and asked me what color I had...I asked them if they cared if I switched colors (out of curiosity) and they said it didn't matter....but to let them know what I'd prefer they'd be happy to hold me one...I gave them two options and told them it didn't matter which...they said they appreciated it.

I got a text confirming my appt 10 min later!

Overall...that's more than I was expecting and I have to say that I'm pleased with how both Samsung and Sprint are handling this.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Just called my sprint store and she asked how long I've had it and said oh wait let me check with my manager and proceeded to tell me they will have new ones in stock next week or I can exchange it for a different phone if I liked. Ill just wait till they get new ones... Anyone think the bad cell could have an effect on change in battery life? Just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma