Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm reading other carrier's are giving ppl the opportunity to either be places on a list in store or sbmit their email so when new stock come in they will be notified. I hope one of you fine folks in here will let us know when your area store gets them in so we can be on the look out in our area.

I'm going to check Friday just because. Vow renewal on Saturday so I'll be super busy then on to Vegas for a few day (if the FAA let's lets us fly with them😂)

Imma check Sprint in Vegas too...😂

Last edited:

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you think Sprint will allow us to simply return the phone for a complete refund and go back to the our old phone?

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Is a warm N7 necessarily a battery getting ready to blow up issue, or a processor working and getting warm issue? Seems like many are getting concerned about warm phones.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Is a warm N7 necessarily a battery getting ready to blow up issue, or a processor working and getting warm issue? Seems like many are getting concerned about warm phones.
Believe me, if your battery has the flaw, there will be no warnings (e.g., warm phone) the internal short circuit will happen and the failure will progress in less than a second into whatever is going to happen (fire/explosion) based on whatever energy is in the battery and how quickly it is dissipated into heat based on the square of the current the defective battery feeds into the short circuit. Samsung has said nothing about how you can mitigate or reduce the chances of this happening. All this talk of avoiding fast charge, keeping the phone cool or avoiding drops is nice but may not prevent the issue at all. Anyhoo now a sports update: Note 7 1, Jeep 0.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Any sprint stores get the new ones in yet? My local store says maybe next week.

I just went to a Sprint corporate store near me, they said they'll have them tomorrow morning I need to call and if they have them then I need to basically make a Mad Dash to the store before they run out. That's bull crap because I work an hour away in DC and have to deal with traffic so I won't be able to get to the store until late afternoon. Yet, they won't allow me to make an appointment. All I can do hope somehow a blue coral perfectly working unit with new battery lasts until I get there.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
For those of you with cracked screens I expect you will be fine. Any discrepancy saying otherwise is very much like the result of carrier and customer service reps not understanding what is really going on here. These phones are flat out dangerous to own and they need to get out of customers hands. They need to replace these devices.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Just called my Sprint store and he told me that neither Samsung nor Sprint Corporate has said anything about when the Note 7s will be arriving. WA here for those in other areas.

jinxygrrl

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I just went to a Sprint corporate store near me, they said they'll have them tomorrow morning I need to call and if they have them then I need to basically make a Mad Dash to the store before they run out. That's bull crap because I work an hour away in DC and have to deal with traffic so I won't be able to get to the store until late afternoon. Yet, they won't allow me to make an appointment. All I can do hope somehow a blue coral perfectly working unit with new battery lasts until I get there.

Are you in Virginia or Maryland?

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Called online customer service and was told two weeks from last Monday (9/5) for the new Note 7s to be in.
To not have these phone back on the market before the iPhone 7 launch on the 16th would be a major blow...I'm hoping the carriers get them tomrrow so I can call and get my replacement here by the beginning of next week....if this drags past next week that'll be ridiculous

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
The guy also said I had 30-days to get it back to them in-store so I've quit worrying about it for the moment. I will keep watch and hopefully it will be sooner.
To not have these phone back on the market before the iPhone 7 launch on the 16th would be a major blow...I'm hoping the carriers get them tomrrow so I can call and get my replacement here by the beginning of next week....if this drags past next week that'll be ridiculous

free2spin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is the proper thread but I need to confirm that such a promotion existed.

On August 19th, sprint had a promotion on their homepage stating that if you bought a new note 7 and opened a new line that you could get an s7 or s7 edge for free. I wanted to take advantage of this so on the 21st I called and got promotions. The lady told me that she could set everything up and get the order in. Sprint has just informed me, today, that the 21st was outside that promotion and that the phone isn't free and was added to my monthly installments bill! Am I crazy or was the promotion just for 2 days only?!

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Just called both of my local Sprint corporate stores and neither of them had any info on when they're going to get the new batch of N7's for us to swap for. Kind of frustrating as I was hoping to swap as early as tomorrow. There was a lot of talk about stores getting them on Friday. Oh well...

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My sprint corporate store has to me twice this week to come and swap Friday/tomorrow and I can switch color if I want.

JessiStephens

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I called The Sprint Corporate store nearest to me and was told that I could call back daily, they get shipments daily, M-F. They are not taking names or numbers. The exploding phones were only in Australia and I shouldn't worry. He had no idea when they would be getting any phones.

How helpful is that?

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
My sprint corporate store has to me twice this week to come and swap Friday/tomorrow and I can switch color if I want.

Please let us know what happens at your visit to Sprint tomorrow. As of now it sounds like your store is one of the very few to express having any knowledge about there being any new Note 7 inventory as early as tomorrow. I was hoping tomorrow would be the day but I highly doubt it at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair