Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Well, neither of my local Sprint corporate stores received the new Note 7's today. They both say they don't know anything yet but hope to get them sometime next week. Oh well...

songbaekim

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
My thoughts as well. Sounds like press releases vs. reality at the store level is miles apart for now.

For example, I received the following text from Sprint:

Sprint: Note7 sales suspended due to battery cell issues. Visit Sprint store to return or replace device.

I purchased my Note 7 through telesales. When I called a Sprint store as instructed, the manager told me they were irritated with all of the calls and that they won't swap out Note 7s for telesales purchases.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts as well. Sounds like press releases vs. reality at the store level is miles apart for now.

Sprint: Note7 sales suspended due to battery cell issues. Visit Sprint store to return or replace device.

I purchased my Note 7 through telesales. When I called a Sprint store as instructed, the manager told me they were irritated with all of the calls and that they won't swap out Note 7s for telesales purchases.
I had to get mine through telesales, too, because the site crashed and was down for like two days. At least my local store's manager isn't an a** like that one. They are stressed but dealing with it politely.

If that continues I'm might report it to corporate if it's a corporate store.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

That's a flat out lie. I would stop using tht store and report them to some higher up Sprint dept. (Not just a CS rep). That's just unprofessional and lazy.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I called one of my Sprint stores near me on Wednesday, and the sales rep i spoke to was really sweet. I asked if they were taking names or numbers for the note 7 exchange so that we are guaranteed a specific color. He said atm they are not and they dont know how many of each color they are getting or when they are getting them. he did say he thinks next Friday. He even told me call back next Wednesday and ask for him, to see if more info is available.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
My local store has been nice for a change. They told me last week maybe this Friday which is today. I just called and the guy said they get shipments around lunch time and to call back then. o ill call back around 1PM or 2PM and check sine he was one of the 1st to say maybe today.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
As I call Sprint stores and get the run around this morning, I'm seriously considering not only returning the note 7 but not getting another phone at all because no other phone with sprint excites me! I might go as far as buying a mobile hotspot and running with a tablet with a Google voice #! Then reconsider when the note 8 or another worthy phone comes out!

That's how frustrated and exhausted I am! Exhausted with Sammy, sprint, news, mean spirited jokes, etc...

songbaekim

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
That's a flat out lie. I would stop using tht store and report them to some higher up Sprint dept. (Not just a CS rep). That's just unprofessional and lazy.

Noted and done. I posted on Sprint's own community forum and emailed corporate escalation.

I'll post back once I hear from Sprint.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
As I call Sprint stores and get the run around this morning, I'm seriously considering not only returning the note 7 but not getting another phone at all because no other phone with sprint excites me! I might go as far as buying a mobile hotspot and running with a tablet with a Google voice #! Then reconsider when the note 8 or another worthy phone comes out!

That's how frustrated and exhausted I am! Exhausted with Sammy, sprint, news, mean spirited jokes, etc...
I use my Note 7 as a hot spot with Easy Teather Pro

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I use my Note 7 as a hot spot with Easy Teather Pro

Oh I use my note as a hotspot as well with foxfi, but since they can't supply me with a new safe note 7 in a timely manner, I have grown frustrated and have thoughts of completely bypassing a phone all together!

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Oh I use my note as a hotspot as well with foxfi, but since they can't supply me with a new safe note 7 in a timely manner, I have grown frustrated and have thoughts of completely bypassing a phone all together!
Yep totally understand that

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
My local store (suburbs of Minneapolis) says they are hopeful they will get a shipment in by 1 today. *fingers crossed*

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My store in Miami is hopeful also to get fresh inventory today.

Hopefully my store who keeps changing times on me will have one today, the last time they gave me was 3pm if they get any. That's when I will decide to initiate operation eff, this whole phone stuff! Or walk out of Sprint with a smile and shiny new safe note 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.