Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Already did my due diligence. There are three main companies - besides through your carrier - that offer insurance. The ones that don't have theft and loss have low deductibles, but you possibly still need to cover for the loss and theft depending on your carrier. Some folks can put it on their Personal Articles policy. I can't. I tried to find more, but except for carrier insurance I found nothing more.

If anyone knows a company besides carrier insurance or the ones below, please post links.

Samsung Protection Plus
Worth Ave Group
Square Trade

johnshaft

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, just got off the phone from my local Sprint store. I asked them if they have any stock on the Note 7. They say that the don't and still waiting to hear from Samsung and did inform me of my options. HOWEVER, when they asked where I purchased the phone I said I pre-ordered it from Sprint.com. They said that I would have to go that route in getting a replacement phone. I explained to them that when I inquired about it last week on the chat from Sprint.com, they said that I could go to any Sprint store for a replacement. I asked them if it mattered if I pre-ordered it online and they said no. I said to them that since I pre-ordered it and it was sent to my home and I returned my Note 5 that I should be given the same courtesy when new phones are available. They then gave me a ticket number and to contact Samsung. Fast forward to the call from today and he said that they do not have a loaner program here and that I would either exchange for S7 or S7edge, refund, but he strongly suggested that I shut the phone down, despite me not having any issues. Going back to the chat to see what they say this time. Any advice or suggestions?

DKinMN

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Sprint told me I could go to ANY corporate store to do an exchange when the time comes. Period. I was advised to print out the chat session and bring it in if they gave me any guff.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I went into a different corporate Sprint store today. We were just about to do the Note 7 for S7 edge swap when he had to stop because I bought the phone from Sprint.com on a 2 year contract. The contracts are only available online or through Best Buy. So I went back home and contacted Sprint on another chat and was told to call in and set up an advance exchange, which I did and they will ship a new Note 7 to me when they are available. So, I'm once again back to using the time bomb :) I do have an LG G2 sitting here but I just can't.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Other than calling what did you have to do to get this advance exchange. Mine was shipped to me. I'm not on a contract, but I am on an installment plan because the deal was just so juicy.
set up an advance exchange, which I did and they will ship a new Note 7 to me when they are available.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Other than calling what did you have to do to get this advance exchange. Mine was shipped to me. I'm not on a contract, but I am on an installment plan because the deal was just so juicy.

I just called (888) 211-4727, navigated through the phone tree to get to a live person and asked for the Advance Exchange Team. It was handled very quickly once I was on with them. I just got the email saying my shipment is on back order as expected.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I just called (888) 211-4727, navigated through the phone tree to get to a live person and asked for the Advance Exchange Team. It was handled very quickly once I was on with them. I just got the email saying my shipment is on back order as expected.

Just did the same thing. (Thanks for the info!)
She told me that the phones were to be shipped on the 16th but was changed to the 21st. We'll see how that goes.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I just wish more stores would do the double swap. I'm not switching back to my g3 or s5 and I gave my note 5 to my father in law. I absolutely love this phone and just want to not have to worry about melting my leg or burning down my house.

I downloaded gsam to set an alarm for battery temp and overvoltage, but from what I read you don't really have much time once the battery shorts out till its a fireball.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Are you using a replacment phone have you traded or was this out of the blue?

No, I kept my Note 7. And since mine was a pre-order through the web, they allowed me to "pre-order" the replacement to be shipped when available. I did that on Friday. Then tonight I got an email saying my pre-order replacement was processing. Not really sure how to interpret that. lol

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
No, I kept my Note 7. And since mine was a pre-order through the web, they allowed me to "pre-order" the replacement to be shipped when available. I did that on Friday. Then tonight I got an email saying my pre-order replacement was processing. Not really sure how to interpret that. lol
And did you do that on the phone or thur the web mine is also a sprint.com order

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
They're sitting on it until the CPSC says it's "okay". :) At least you're processing.

That's what I thought, but it's odd that the first one said it was received, then 5 days later saying it was updated to processing. Was just hoping that meant the wheel was starting to move. lol

And did you do that on the phone or thur the web mine is also a sprint.com order

Through the phone, but it took all day. lol I eventually bitched on Twitter about getting the run around while trying to get my Q's answered. So Sprint had someone from Tech Support contact me. And in the process of asking Q's he offered to get me pre-ordered for a replacement. I was told they will exchange through the mail if you are more than 1hr from a corporate store...

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I hope you're right. I'm afraid you're not. I love this thing and just want all of this over so I can get a replacement.
That's what I thought, but it's odd that the first one said it was received, then 5 days later saying it was updated to processing. Was just hoping that meant the wheel was starting to move. lol

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
If the carriers really wanted to get more people to turn in their Note 7 devices, they'd initiate a pre-order system so that people could see, and track the progress of their new device. Telling people, "just bring them in", leaves many of us uncomfortable. I pre-ordered my Note 7 within the 1st hour they were available (online, thru Sprint). The last thing I want to do is have to travel 45 minutes to my closest store, only to be told that the silver models they had were just taken because they're not allowed to hold them for customers. I just want my phone. I've shut my phone off, put it in the box, and am using an older device for now. I think I'll try calling in tomorrow. Is it really too much to ask for the carriers to have a viable replacement system??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma