Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok tks for the education there good to know.

Worth noting that China has also started a recall for between 1800 and 1900 Note 7 phones. They are also banning them on their aircraft. My worry now is less about the new phones being OK, and more about how this will affect the ability to use these devices going forward. If it's 4 to 6 months before everybody feels OK about lifting restrictions, I'm going to wait for the Note 8.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad to see some of you have had success getting at least an order in. I'm done with this fiasco, I am surprised at how much I'm liking the s7 edge, and with this mophie battery case Im giddy about this battery life. If note 7s come in before my 14 day window I may exchange back to the Note, as I miss my blue coral color, spen, iris scanner, secure folder and Samsung notes.

However, the s7e isn't this huge back step so many had claimed it would be, it's actually running smoother then my note did, just a little bit, but yeah it is! Also, the only problem I had with my note was it sounded terrible on calls using blutooth but the s7edge is crystal clear. I think that was the only negative I had with my note. Time will tell, I'm giving this thing a fair shot so far it's doing very well. If note 7s are available by next week I will revisit the sprint store and discuss my options. If not, I think I'm actually ok or even better then ok with the s7e.

purock

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been lurking on this thread for the past couple weeks.

I called Sprint asked for the Sprint Advance Exchange team. The lady said that really isn't a team but she can help with the exchange of my Note 7. She informed me that it would be two weeks before its shipped. She informed me that I could pick it up in the store instead. I asked when the store would have them and she said possibly today.

Anyways, thought I'd throw out another varying report.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
The email confirmation. I was getting the runaround yesterday when I first tried. The key is connecting to tech support, as they served as the advanced exchange team as well without having to transfer me to anyone else. Best of luck to everyone no matter which route you decide to take!

Attachments

• 26117.jpg
    26117.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 73

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The email confirmation. I was getting the runaround yesterday when I first tried. The key is connecting to tech support, as they served as the advanced exchange team as well without having to transfer me to anyone else. Best of luck to everyone no matter which route you decide to take!

The only thing that scares me about this is the first sentence after "NOTE:" So, if CPSC says no to the replacement phones, Sprint can send you what they believe is a comparable phone? Hmmmm.....

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yep same email I got

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint tech support they just told me to go to the store and have them order me one. And of course when I called Sprint they had no idea when they would have any in stock!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint tech support they just told me to go to the store and have them order me one. And of course when I called Sprint they had no idea when they would have any in stock!

Ya see, that right there is why I jumped the gun and got an s7 edge. There's no real info out there other then gibberish. That's basically what's going on, nobody seems to know anything.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I just called that 888 211 4727 number after a few missteps in the phone tree (gotta make sure you get technical support, I choose 'other' when asked what issue I was having) got a very friendly and knowledgeable lady named Angel and she put through the order instantly and told me 7-14 days for home delivery. I asked is that pending approval from the government and she said that is the time frame Samsung gave them for when the phones will be approved for distribution after government approval. She has been with Sprint for 13 years so I think she should know what she's talking about. She said I'll be getting an email confirmation and when the new phone arrives I can transfer my current stuff from this N7 to the new one and send the old one back with the prepaid envelope. Very painless and quick.

One side note, there was no announcement at the beginning of the call about the Note 7, just the IPhone 7. 😕 Actually, during the entire phone tree there was not one mention of the Note 7 issue.

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I finally got a hold of a Sprint , I believe, retention ?, operator. And I was told that what I was told is correct. Sprint is not participating in a loaner program. If I choose to get an S7 or S7 edge , I will not be able to get a Note 7 when they are rereleased. He also reiterated that my phone was safe and I shouldn't be concerned. So I guess I will reactivate my "safe" Note 7 and ignore the statements from Samsung and The Consumer Protection Agency, because Sprint knows better.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay this advanced exchange team exchange thing is taking a turn. I called because i never got a confirmation after she took my order. I just talked to a guy who seemed like he knew what he was talking about and he told me they have had a rash of orders placed and then 2 days later get denied. I asked why and he sad because after they put the exchange in the system it after 2 days kicks it out if you live within 30 miles of a corp store.

Sigh i was hoping to not have to visit the sprint store again but unless you got tracking and a email i would check and see cause my order he said was put in but today it was cancelled.

jstunner56

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I also have SERO, contacted Sprint via phone and was able to place a replacement order. They kept pushing me to go to a corporate store and said they would have also been able to do the exchange.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Called 2x more and same thing now they say wait till corp store gets them in and if i have 1 problem have them call account services with sprint so they can report them.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I also have SERO, contacted Sprint via phone and was able to place a replacement order. They kept pushing me to go to a corporate store and said they would have also been able to do the exchange.

They can take your order as they took my order yesterday. It is after it gets into the system that it kicks it out if you live within 30 miles of a corp store.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Interesting article that may shed light on why the CPSC is taking their time.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall shows challenges of stronger batteries | abc7.com

While this is an interesting read, they somehow forgot to mention that the S7 Edge has an even bigger battery than the note 7 with a similar form factor and that device is not suffering from the same issue the Note 7 is. If the argument is about making the devices thin and cramming a large battery, ihey were able to figure that one out with the S7 Edge with an even larger battery than the NOTE 7 (Yes not by much).

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Interesting article that may shed light on why the CPSC is taking their time.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall shows challenges of stronger batteries | abc7.com

I stopped reading right after I read this:

"The 3,500 mAh battery in the Samsung Note 7 is "one of the highest, if not the highest, capacity battery we've seen in a phone," said Wayne Lam, an industry analyst at IHS Markit Technology."

What about the Droid phones with the 4500mAh battery and the Huawei with the 5400MaH battery?

rbc303

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
So my Note 7 had a near death experience. It fell a mere 2 feet onto my plastic chair mat, with a case on and my toe even broke the fall, and the front cracked in two places. (see photos). So much for Gorilla glass! My co-worker was standing right next to me when it happened and she could not believe that such a light fall would cause this damage.
This is very sad, since I am one that prides myself in taking hours to research phone cases and my Note 5 was in pristine condition when I gave it up.

When I went into the Sprint store to see if I could exchange my dangerous Note 7, the rep had this confused look on his face and said, Oh, we can't exchange that, he even turned to manager for advice and that person did not know what to do. I didn't argue with them since they didn't have any to exchange anyway. Next time I go in, I am going to say, they need to exchange my phone with a less-dangerous one and if they want to give me one with a crack in it, that is fine with me, but either way they are risking a law suit by letting me hold on to this phone.

WIN_20160908_075759.jpg20160908_074941_001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.