Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Exchange for a refund or a new one if they come up.

I don't trust this supcase I got on my Edge that much. My Defender is supposed to be here tomorrow!

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint Tech Support. They did the Advance Exchange for me and submitted it directly to back office due to extenuating circumstances, so that's done. Tried to verify my correct billing promo info for my N7 order and account services is jammed. I was advised to call next week. So got two great Tech People - Ty and John - both out of OKC (Oklahoma City) which is corporate, and they did a super job all the way around.

Choose the Tech Support option, then choose Other when offered, and then hope you get this team. Good people.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Okay this advanced exchange team exchange thing is taking a turn. I called because i never got a confirmation after she took my order. I just talked to a guy who seemed like he knew what he was talking about and he told me they have had a rash of orders placed and then 2 days later get denied. I asked why and he sad because after they put the exchange in the system it after 2 days kicks it out if you live within 30 miles of a corp store.

Sigh i was hoping to not have to visit the sprint store again but unless you got tracking and a email i would check and see cause my order he said was put in but today it was cancelled.

I live within 30 miles of 2 corporate stores. I'll let you know if i get a notification that my order is cancelled

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
When I talked to the guys in OK they said first day you don't see the Advance exchange in the computer. I haven't gotten an email yet so we'll see what happens. Mine is supposed to be shipped because it's going through extra approval steps to make that happen.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Tried to call my corp. store to see if they even had the phones yet and they are SLAMMED. Wouldn't even answer. I'm supposed to be on a list there and was trying to confirm.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well I guess that's a sign of progress. In their Recall it does say that we can get a replacement Note 7. So it doesn't sound like they have an issue with the "revamped" models.
Only the breakable glass now , insurance insurance insurance

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint Tech Support. They did the Advance Exchange for me and submitted it directly to back office due to extenuating circumstances, so that's done. Tried to verify my correct billing promo info for my N7 order and account services is jammed. I was advised to call next week. So got two great Tech People - Ty and John - both out of OKC (Oklahoma City) which is corporate, and they did a super job all the way around.

Choose the Tech Support option, then choose Other when offered, and then hope you get this team. Good people.
That's the same team I talked to in Oklahoma, except my tech was Angel. She was right on it, very painless. Sending out a return kit for this Note 7. Told me 7-14 days, but that was before the CPSC announcement this afternoon. She said they would send it out as soon as they got the ok from them.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone who called the Advance Exchange Team received the confirmation email? If so, how long after you got off the phone? At first the tech said he couldnt do it because I am within 30 miles of a store, I then told him that is a major inconvenience to me, explained why and he placed me on hold for about 5 minutes. When he got back on he asked for my email and alternate phone number and said the order went through. Hope I don't have to deal with this anymore.

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone who called the Advance Exchange Team received the confirmation email? If so, how long after you got off the phone? At first the tech said he couldnt do it because I am within 30 miles of a store, I then told him that is a major inconvenience to me, explained why and he placed me on hold for about 5 minutes. When he got back on he asked for my email and alternate phone number and said the order went through. Hope I don't have to deal with this anymore.

I got my confirmation email about 24 hours later

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site

I got mine a couple hours after the phone call. I posted it earlier but here it is again. I live way closer than 30 miles to TWO different corporate stores, but I was never asked about that or told that it would be an issue if I lived too close to a corporate store

Attachments

• 26117.jpg
    26117.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 86

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
About 30 minutes and I live 1 1/2 miles from a corp store
Email and a confirmation # @ the time of phone call.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I just spoke with a rep from my local Sprint Corp store. I asked if they had any Note 7's come in. He said no and they were expecting them this week, but since the recall was official the US stopped the 7's from being released. He doesn't know when they will come in. He did say if you are having issues with your phone bring it in and they will do an exchange plus the $25 towards your account. He said if you are not having any problems keep it and just wait for the replacements :-\ so many different statements from managers...

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Well i called AGAIN and this time i did not take no for a answer. The lady in tech support was in OKC but not the names posted on here. I told her falt out that i do not deal with those people in the corp store. That i do not like them and they do not like me. She 1st tried to do it herself but it would not go cause of the 30 mile thing. Then she said she did it some other way and got it in with also the notes of why since i am within 30 miles. So lets see if this one goes through lol.

Matt Gatewood

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
So...Monday is next week....is Sprint saying that they will have a replacement on Monday morning?

Per the Sprint Newsroom:

September 15, 2016

Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note7 Customers Can Get Replacement Devices Beginning Next Week

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), September 15, 2016 - Sprint (NYSE: S) is encouraging customers still using an old Samsung Galaxy Note7 to call their local Sprint retail location and schedule an appointment for next week to pick up their replacement device.

Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today confirmed that new Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than Sept. 21. As the safety of our customers is a top priority, Sprint recommends that all of its Note7 customers follow the recall guidelines.

“We want to make sure that when customers come to our stores to receive their new device, they have a great experience,” said Rod Millar, senior vice president product. “We need to ensure that inventory has reached our stores and that our store representatives have enough time to spend with each customer to transfer data. So we’re encouraging all customers make an appointment at www.sprint.com/storelocator.”

Last edited:

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well i called AGAIN and this time i did not take no for a answer. The lady in tech support was in OKC but not the names posted on here. I told her falt out that i do not deal with those people in the corp store. That i do not like them and they do not like me. She 1st tried to do it herself but it would not go cause of the 30 mile thing. Then she said she did it some other way and got it in with also the notes of why since i am within 30 miles. So lets see if this one goes through lol.
Did she give you a confirmation #?

Status
Not open for further replies.