Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone who called the Advance Exchange Team received the confirmation email? If so, how long after you got off the phone? At first the tech said he couldnt do it because I am within 30 miles of a store, I then told him that is a major inconvenience to me, explained why and he placed me on hold for about 5 minutes. When he got back on he asked for my email and alternate phone number and said the order went through. Hope I don't have to deal with this anymore.

I was also asked about a ALT phone number and that my email was the one on file and my shipping address being correct. So i believe they went though it is just as long as the order support people don't kick it back out due to the 30 mile rule.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I was also asked about a ALT phone number and that my email was the one on file and my shipping address being correct. So i believe they went though it is just as long as the order support people don't kick it back out due to the 30 mile rule.
Im sure right now there getting over welmed and being More particular about what they process.
Also sometimes the employee has good intention but does not know the challel to process surtin request.
Good luck hope it sticks.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Just got this from Samsung:
Your safety remains our top priority

Dear Julie, as part of our voluntary recall, Samsung is announcing that new Galaxy Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than September 21, 2016.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
They all "go through". The difference comes in if they tell you they are submitting it to (at least in my case) the Back Office for follow-through.

I am back on the phone with Sprint - total time so far 4.5 hours. Started at 11:05 this morning. FYI Diane in escalations in WA is also extremely good.
Has anyone who called the Advance Exchange Team received the confirmation email? If so, how long after you got off the phone? At first the tech said he couldnt do it because I am within 30 miles of a store, I then told him that is a major inconvenience to me, explained why and he placed me on hold for about 5 minutes. When he got back on he asked for my email and alternate phone number and said the order went through. Hope I don't have to deal with this anymore.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
They all "go through". The difference comes in if they tell you they are submitting it to the Back Office for follow-through.

I am back on the phone with Sprint - total time so far 4.5 hours. Started at 11:05 this morning. FYI Diane in escalations in OKC is also extremely good.
(at least in my
Wow thats a long time on the phone try around dinner time 6/7 there not near as busy , can someone please ask what we need to return phone only ?

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

Ok, I just received my replacement confirmation email. Thanks

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
The order number on my confirmation email doesn't work on Sprint's website. Anyone else's work?
No dident work but that does not surprise me its only been 24hr and also a replacement order , might not show on the general sight there.
Also looked at my original order # its much longer with dashes in it.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
So my Note 7 had a near death experience. It fell a mere 2 feet onto my plastic chair mat, with a case on and my toe even broke the fall, and the front cracked in two places. (see photos). So much for Gorilla glass! My co-worker was standing right next to me when it happened and she could not believe that such a light fall would cause this damage.
This is very sad, since I am one that prides myself in taking hours to research phone cases and my Note 5 was in pristine condition when I gave it up.

When I went into the Sprint store to see if I could exchange my dangerous Note 7, the rep had this confused look on his face and said, Oh, we can't exchange that, he even turned to manager for advice and that person did not know what to do. I didn't argue with them since they didn't have any to exchange anyway. Next time I go in, I am going to say, they need to exchange my phone with a less-dangerous one and if they want to give me one with a crack in it, that is fine with me, but either way they are risking a law suit by letting me hold on to this phone.

View attachment 239533View attachment 239532

That's horrible! Such a small distance and soft surface, it shouldn't have cracked.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Question. I purchased my note7 in store. Do i need to call to set up an exchange. Or bring it in when the replacements cone in.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Just deactivated mine and activated my N4. Sprint dropped the ball on my discounts so I have asked for a label and shipping box. I will buy it new, if then, once the price drops or when new goodies come about.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
They all "go through". The difference comes in if they tell you they are submitting it to (at least in my case) the Back Office for follow-through.

I am back on the phone with Sprint - total time so far 4.5 hours. Started at 11:05 this morning. FYI Diane in escalations in WA is also extremely good.

So i was told it went though a few hours ago but still no email should i call back again? i am tired of calling and them telling me they submitted it and with notes. I think if she noted my account she must have sent it to the back office. I am going to give them 1 more try before i tell them what to do with there note 7. They want to play around ill tell them fine ill hold onto my Bomb until they send me 1 and not make me go to the dreaded corp store.

Status
Not open for further replies.