Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well got a email saying my order is processing and they will send tracking when it ships

Last edited:

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Well got a email saying my order is processing and they will send tracking when it ships yehhh

I got the same email this morning. I bet they ship out the replacement phones Monday if I was to take an educated guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam_Cohen

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Just back from my local store in Indianapolis IN with my new note 7, there was a 2 added to the model number and small black square in the lower right corner of the serial number block on the outside of the box (sorry I can't get pictures right now).
I ordered from Sprint directly over the phone but had no issues trading it in at the local store.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just back from my local store in Indianapolis IN with my new note 7, there was a 2 added to the model number and small black square in the lower right corner of the serial number block on the outside of the box (sorry I can't get pictures right now).
I ordered from Sprint directly over the phone but had no issues trading it in at the local store.
What did you take in? Just the phone?

Last edited:

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Just called corporate store they have the replacements, I'm In Pennsylvania they don't have coral blue only black and silver in stock. I called sprint to have my replacement shipped to me. He couldn't guarantee that I would get coral blue though.my 2nd choice was black in case they don't have coral blue.
He said it would take 3 days.i asked what do I have to send back he said only the phone.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just called corporate store they have the replacements, I'm In Pennsylvania they don't have coral blue only black and silver in stock. I called sprint to have my replacement shipped to me. He couldn't guarantee that I would get coral blue though.my 2nd choice was black in case they don't have coral blue.
He said it would take 3 days.i asked what do I have to send back he said only the phone.
Good info thanks

seajypsy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Sprint stored on Greenbriar Pkwy, Chesapeake VA has replacements. New one has a square on the box. No S sticker and no green battery indicator. Checked out good on the Samsung database and was manufactured on September 8.

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My local (well, almost local) expects them in on Monday. I had already scheduled an appointment yesterday, anticipating their arrival. Should have my new phone Monday afternoon. Yay.

purock

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Gaithersburg, MD.

Went to Sprint store and had the replacements. Switch was fairly easy despite not having the "brightest" help. I asked if I could switch colors from the blue to the black and she said not without a restocking fee. I tried a second time and she still said no. I doubt this is really true but I can live with the blue.

They asked for my box. But they didn't check the contents or anything. I left the charger in the car on purpose. I'm sure I could have gotten away with nabbing the spare pen. She was quite clueless in general.

Only thing I noticed is the extra "2" in the model name. Checked the IMEI on Samsung's website and it is clean. Time to move on with life!

Status
Not open for further replies.