Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Gatewood

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Here's my question for the forumn:

Has anyone been able to exchange a Sprint Note 7 that was purchased at a partner retailer (Wireless Lifestyles in my case) at a corporate store?

Backstory:

I purchased my Note 7 at a Sprint partner, Wireless Lifestyles. To date, they do not have replacement units available. On Sunday, I first checked at my WL store and they suggested trying a corporate store 30 miles away. I called the Corp store and they did have Note 7's. They took my name to hold an appointment.

I drove to the Corp store and started the exchange process. The representative was pretty clueless. First didn't know if I could switch colors. Everything seemed to be an imposition on the representative. Finally confirmed that I could change colors.

When we started the exchange process, we quickly learned that they were not going to exchange the unit because it was not purchased directly from Sprint. I pushed back, but even after consulting the assistant manager, had no luck in getting satisfaction.

I called CS from the parking lot. The well informed agent on the other end, called the store and spoke to the assistant manager. She came back and informed me that they were not able to exchange a phone that was purchased from a non-Sprint retailer.

That was my ordeal on Sunday. I'm still waiting for WL to receive replacement phones. Has anyone been able to swap a non-Sprint purchased phone at a Sprint Corp Store?

Last edited:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone been able to exchange a Sprint Note 7 that was purchased at a partner retailer (Wireless Lifestyles in my case) at a corporate store?

Backstory:

I purchased my Note 7 at a Sprint partner, Wireless Lifestyles. To date, they do not have replacement units available. On Sunday, I first checked at my WL store and they suggested trying a corporate store 30 miles away. I called the Corp store and they did have Note 7's. They took my name to hold an appointment.

I drove to the Corp store and started the exchange process. The representative was pretty clueless. First didn't know if I could switch colors. Everything seemed to be an imposition on the representative. Finally confirmed that I could change colors.

When we started the exchange process, we quickly learned that they were not going to exchange the unit because it was not purchased directly from Sprint. I pushed back, but even after consulting the assistant manager, had no luck in getting satisfaction.

I called CS from the parking lot. The well informed agent on the other end, called the store and spoke to the assistant manager. She came back and informed me that they were not able to exchange a phone that was purchased from a non-Sprint retailer.

That was my ordeal on Sunday. I'm still waiting for WL to receive replacement phones. Has anyone been able to swap a non-Sprint purchased phone at a Sprint Corp Store?

I drove to the Corporate
I tried my local corporate store about my sprint.com purchase and they wouldn't even do that! I called the AET and they said that should not happen they are required to take the phone back period. So I feel your pain. Try calling 888 211 4727 press 1, 5, 5, 5, 5 on the phone tree to get the Advanced Replacement Team directly. See if they can help or put in an order for your replacement, they are due to ship tomorrow for end of week delivery.

Azar M

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
No i used to work for a Sprint Authorized dealer and Tmobile....you cannot by a phone from a 3rd party store and exchange it at a Corporate one....the phone your originally purchased is not in their inventory so they cannot process the return. Also they want to keep their phones for THEIR customers that need replacements, so you have to go back to the store you went to and have them process the exchange...

Azar M

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I tried my local corporate store about my sprint.com purchase and they wouldn't even do that! I called the AET and they said that should not happen they are required to take the phone back period. So I feel your pain. Try calling 888 211 4727 press 1, 5, 5, 5, 5 on the phone tree to get the Advanced Replacement Team directly. See if they can help or put in an order for your replacement, they are due to ship tomorrow for end of week delivery.

yeah if you buy it online you have to exchange it online

Azar M

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
i am happy with sprint, i have a note 3 that recently cracked on me....they are sending me the Note 7 for just a small deductible, i am on the waiting list and it should ship out sometime this week....i am very happy with their solution

Azar M

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site

Backstory:

i know it sucks but all carriers work that way

olliedawn

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Walked in yesterday morning and exchanged my note 7 no problem. Took about 5 mins. I originally pre ordered the phone online. Was told to call sprint about the $25 credit. Will be doing that today. Just happy samsung made this process effortless for us.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
That's false. If you buy it online corporate is supposed to exchange your phone as well. Many people in this forum bought online and was able to exchange theirs in the corporate sprint store

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
That's not what the AET said, she called me back and said if they give anyone any problems they should call 888 211 4727 and they will call the manager directly and have them reserve a phone to swap in store. If I don't get a tracking number tomorrow that's what I'm going to do.

Tess214

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint Advance Exchange asking them to ship my replacement for the phone I bought from them online. Order placed & they told me it should ship in 2-3 weeks (that's the timeframe they are showing now but it might come sooner). I asked about the $25 credit from Samsung & was told that Samsung is telling them that is only if you exchange to S7 or S7edge. I wasn't going to argue with her now. I'll call again after I get the replacement since chances are they will charge $30 activation fee & I'll want to get that removed.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint Advance Exchange asking them to ship my replacement for the phone I bought from them online. Order placed & they told me it should ship in 2-3 weeks (that's the timeframe they are showing now but it might come sooner). I asked about the $25 credit from Samsung & was told that Samsung is telling them that is only if you exchange to S7 or S7edge. I wasn't going to argue with her now. I'll call again after I get the replacement since chances are they will charge $30 activation fee & I'll want to get that removed.
I spoke to them a little while ago, they are expecting shipments to start going out tomorrow. I placed my order with them last week and expect a tracking number tomorrow. They said if I don't have one by Thursday, they will call my local store and have them hold one for me since they refused to do so yesterday. They also said the $25 is coming from Samsung and it should show up on my bill as a credit within 90 days, if it does not, call them back and they will deal with it appropriately.

Tess214

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I spoke to them a little while ago, they are expecting shipments to start going out tomorrow. I placed my order with them last week and expect a tracking number tomorrow. They said if I don't have one by Thursday, they will call my local store and have them hold one for me since they refused to do so yesterday. They also said the $25 is coming from Samsung and it should show up on my bill as a credit within 90 days, if it does not, call them back and they will deal with it appropriately.

Thanks for the info. I'm just glad they are going to ship it even though I live just a couple of miles from a corporate store. I hate going in there. They push all their "value added" packages (bose speaker, etc.) and accessories so hard and try to change my plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.