Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkeitt21

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I went today and did my exchange. I only walked in with the phone; so I come home with the box and have an extra charger, adapter, headphone, you name it.

I'm debating on if I need to call Sprint customer service because of how mangled the recall process is at my corporate store. The manager didn't seem to know what was going on. I already paid an activation fee for the first N7, why do I need to pay another one, if you're just replacing the phone? Then there was another $89 charge that they were trying to hang on me which I couldn't understand. I was of a mind to stick around and argue it out, but I was already running late for a conference call at work and figured I'd just call customer service later.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I went today and did my exchange. I only walked in with the phone; so I come home with the box and have an extra charger, adapter, headphone, you name it.

I'm debating on if I need to call Sprint customer service because of how mangled the recall process is at my corporate store. The manager didn't seem to know what was going on. I already paid an activation fee for the first N7, why do I need to pay another one, if you're just replacing the phone? Then there was another $89 charge that they were trying to hang on me which I couldn't understand. I was of a mind to stick around and argue it out, but I was already running late for a conference call at work and figured I'd just call customer service later.

Got the same thing...the manager I worked with went out of his way to make sure the couple of us that were in there getting replacements were managed first (in front of other people...even the ones there for new devices). Told us not to bother handing in power cables or accessories, made sure to check each device for Sd cards and them tool out sPens and handed them back to all of us.

bar1203

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I find it strange that people are having problems exchanging their phones at sprint stores. I bought mine from best buy and they still swapped mine out.

Marky310

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I only have 1 corporate store in my area. All the other sprint locations won't swap online purchases. My corporate store put me on a waiting list but I called today and they said they're out of stock. I'm a little disappointed :/

edit: and now my phone wants me to install the "let me remind you to swap your phone" update. Not like i'm not trying....

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I find it strange that people are having problems exchanging their phones at sprint stores. I bought mine from best buy and they still swapped mine out.
I have called all 3 stores in my area, 2 of them corporate and still nothing, I've been calling for over a week. I have an order in with AET and still no tracking number,that's been over a week now too. I'm still using my original note 7. This is beyond ridiculous. I don't know what we're supposed to do at this point wait forever until the hoopla dies down?

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Exchange for a refund or a new one if they come up.

I don't trust this supcase I got on my Edge that much. My Defender is supposed to be here tomorrow!
The defender Case for this phone is getting massacred on Amazon reviews.....Doesnt look like they did a good job on this Case for the note 7....Usually they are praised
0055bc67a4473f3837dfa10d20b8c397.jpg

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes I know the Otterbox cases have been bad for this phone. I bought the symmetry clear case and the button for the power button was defective. It wouldn't work right. I had to cut off the section so I could use the power button. Never again....

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just canceled my order for the defender , had that case on my note 4 for 2 years it was pristine when I sold it

Rustler5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes I know the Otterbox cases have been bad for this phone. I bought the symmetry clear case and the button for the power button was defective. It wouldn't work right. I had to cut off the section so I could use the power button. Never again....
Sorry to hear that! I've had the clear Symmetry on mine since August 19th and i love it. All the buttons work perfect and i really like being able to see the coral blue goodness.

rcollins00153

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Is the 14 day return good on the second edition note 7. I EXCHANGED a blue 7 for a temp black s7 edge then exchanged temp phone for second edition note 7 but they only had it in silver. Can I exchange the Silver note 7 for a blue note 7 within the 14 days. Thanks

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
After going to hell and back I ended up getting a replacement at a store all the way out in Staten Island, NY. It was the last one and they only got 4 total. I was able to keep all accessories including the S Pen, returned just the phone. Here are pics of the box and manufacture date. Screenshot_20160921-193316.jpgScreenshot_20160921-203837.jpg

Matt Gatewood

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I was able to exchange today. It was at a partner store (Wireless Lifestyles - Lawrence, KS). This was the first day they had replacements and the manager said they only received 6.

It took 2 hours to perform the swap. Sprint handled it as a return and then a purchase. The manager was annoyed at this and said it should have been done as an exchange of a defective unit. This caused the re-charge of sales tax. The return should cause a credit to my CC shortly.

Manager insisted on keeping the accessories out of the new box, but I kept the s-pen (he didn't notice that the unit I brought in didn't have a pen).

Glad it's over.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
If it was coordinated like the Note 7 recall, with an uncertainty of which bridge to jump off, how high it should be, if you should dive or jump in feet first, probably not.

How about you, Champ?
No I wouldn't jump off the bridge but then again i'm not gonna complain because someone got a better deal than I did

His Majesty

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
No I wouldn't jump off the bridge but then again i'm not gonna complain because someone got a better deal than I did

Being that I said I was 1000 percent cool if all stores and carriers mandated all accessories be returned, I wouldn't exactly call that "complaining" (oh how that word gets thrown about so casually).

But I get it. You don't believe in equality and consistency. That's cool. You rock, Sport!

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I knew I wasn't taking crazy pills. Just like I thought. The Sprint lady kept saying the 21st for the sale of the phone. I guess Sprint no longer has a back order of phones all of a sudden. 🙄

Attachments

• 1819.jpg
    1819.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 87

yankees2287

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
so i tried to call the AET just now but got tech support and the lady isnt understanding my issue. i cant seem to get in touch with the exchange team.

johall15

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same trouble. No stores in my area have any. I called Sprint yesterday and they advised that they could order one, but it would take 3 weeks! This is insane!

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
This is starting to annoy me. What in the world are they waiting for to ship out our replacement note 7's. I mean this is getting ridiculous. 2 emails and no shipping confirmation email yet? It's now Thursday. I would like an official answer from sprint as to when they plan on shipping out these new phones to those of us who ordered on the phone? I shouldn't have to play the game at a corp store to see if/ when/ the stars align and i get a nice mgr who might or might not lie to me about about having new phones in for replacement. Or having to then take time out of my busy day to spend 2 hours messing around and getting aggravated in one of their stores. /rant

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
This is starting to annoy me. What in the world are they waiting for to ship out our replacement note 7's. I mean this is getting ridiculous. 2 emails and no shipping confirmation email yet? It's now Thursday. I would like an official answer from sprint as to when they plan on shipping out these new phones to those of us who ordered on the phone? I shouldn't have to play the game at a corp store to see if/ when/ the stars align and i get a nice mgr who might or might not lie to me about about having new phones in for replacement. Or having to then take time out of my busy day to spend 2 hours messing around and getting aggravated in one of their stores. /rant

Something tells me that you are going to get an email real soon. For some reason, it APPEARS Sprint had or has a standing order to ship these phones out effective the 21st and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000