Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I feel you alls pain. I went in 2 xs to corp stores only to get shunned ordered over phone in 10 min. Ill wait for my mailed replacement plus you get to keep extra accessories!!

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I was able to exchange today. It was at a partner store (Wireless Lifestyles - Lawrence, KS). This was the first day they had replacements and the manager said they only received 6.

It took 2 hours to perform the swap. Sprint handled it as a return and then a purchase. The manager was annoyed at this and said it should have been done as an exchange of a defective unit. This caused the re-charge of sales tax. The return should cause a credit to my CC shortly.

Manager insisted on keeping the accessories out of the new box, but I kept the s-pen (he didn't notice that the unit I brought in didn't have a pen).

Glad it's over.
someone wanted the commission

Azar M

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I would agree with you if there was some semblance of consistency, but as you can read on here, many people are allowed to walk out with an extra charger, S-pen. I say in light of the hassle of this whole situation, letting me keep a measly 25 dollar charger isn't going to kill someone's bottom line. I say all or nothing, not "we'll take all your accessories because we feel like it and who cares what the other store is doing". If it's mandated to give everything back, I am 1000 percent cool with that. But there are a LOT of people walking out with extra stuff. All or nothing.

Also, this same store when I exchanged my iPhone for the Note 7 last month, specifically told me they didn't need the iPhone charger. Now all of a sudden they need the Note 7 charger? As far as I know, it wasn't mandated by Samsung or Sprint. See what I mean? No consistency. Not only between stores and carriers, but the same store??? this whole situation is unreal, but somehow it doesn't really surprise me. LOL

It wasnt mandated by Sprint or Samsung? So you assume because no one told u specifically to return all items in the box that it was right to keep them? I worked in cell phones a long time before i moved on to a different career trust me all phones even the free ones are required to have accessories in them upon return. When you return a playstation or xbox do u just send back the console and keep the controllers? its the same thing....it is mandated but a lot of lazy employees dont check boxes and soo when other sales people who actually do their jobs check boxes they come off as the bad guy. Now with this particular situation i personally wouldnt make a fuss over it because of the hassle that u went thru but in the future return everything. People used to return just phone all the time to me and when i took the new accessories out of the box they would get upset......i used to tell them im running a business here do u go to macys and expect a shirt for free....people can be so ridiculous sometimes. (that wasnt towards you)

DKinMN

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Exchanged at independent store in Minneapolis today. I have come away with a lot more empathy for them.

No one told them specifics about how to do this. No one told them if they were supposed to do exchanges for ANYONE, or just for people who bought there. No one told them if they were supposed to give me new accessories. And so on. Couple that with the usual doddering fools who need help with basic phone crap (old man didn't like Apple's new lock screen!), and I just felt awful for them.

He did say that he was pretty sure I couldn't keep the S Pen. For the sake of getting the F out of there, I didn't fight. New phone is downloading apps now. Battery is green.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I knew I wasn't taking crazy pills. Just like I thought. The Sprint lady kept saying the 21st for the sale of the phone. I guess Sprint no longer has a back order of phones all of a sudden. ??????

That is nothing really. Most of us got the email like 10 days ago. Just means your order is in and could still take 3 weeks.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I knew I wasn't taking crazy pills. Just like I thought. The Sprint lady kept saying the 21st for the sale of the phone. I guess Sprint no longer has a back order of phones all of a sudden. 🙄

That is nothing really. Most of us got the email like 10 days ago. Just means your order is in and could still take 3 weeks.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Something tells me that you are going to get an email real soon. For some reason, it APPEARS Sprint had or has a standing order to ship these phones out effective the 21st and beyond.

He is talking about the email you get after the one you got. Again we all got that email you just got like 10 days ago which means nothing but your order is in sadly with sprint and could be weeks yet. Ask all those who have posted like me. We got that email a long time ago. It is the one with a tracking number that might take weeks according to sprint not me.

cincydavid513

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Having no luck here.. Soon as they get them in there gone. Wished they had a better way of controlling the replacements for the people with recalled device's.. I have 2 co workers that bought the note this week locally and I'm still trying to find one! Going to swing bye a store after work and see if they received any today

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
You would think after 2 plus weeks this company could have some inner communation and a system in place to deal with this.
It's absurd that note 7s are being sold to new costumers and I have a, potential serious hazard in my house!
Maby all of these company's are just to big to know what's really going on at store level

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Now this is what i did but the lady wanted to help me with out sending the call to the exchange team. She kept trying to sell me the phone when all I wanted was to exchange

When you contact cust support dial 1, 5, 5, 5. A warm blooded creature will pick up. Give your last name, first name and pin. Tell them that all you want to do is exchange your defective phone. They will put the order through.

Be mindful though that they simply send out the same color phone that you have. Might not be worth the hassle of trying to get fancy with them. Whole process takes about 10 mins.

yankees2287

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
When you contact cust support dial 1, 5, 5, 5. A warm blooded creature will pick up. Give your last name, first name and pin. Tell them that all you want to do is exchange your defective phone. They will put the order through.

Be mindful though that they simply send out the same color phone that you have. Might not be worth the hassle of trying to get fancy with them. Whole process takes about 10 mins.

Thats fine, i want the same color. I did that exact combination when i called and got the worst customer service person they have. I tried so hard to remain calm with her but when she wants me to buy it instead of exchange it and she didnt even know about the recall.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Thats fine, i want the same color. I did that exact combination when i called and got the worst customer service person they have. I tried so hard to remain calm with her but when she wants me to buy it instead of exchange it and she didnt even know about the recall.

Wow....just wow. Sad thing is I BELIEVE IT!

yankees2287

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Wow....just wow. Sad thing is I BELIEVE IT!

Yea my thoughts exactly. I explained to her the situation and she puts me on hold to ask a supervisor. When she came back she said i have an upgrade and i can buy the phone. I repeated that im holding the box in my hand and it has to go back because of the recall. She then says let me look it up and then i lost it and hung up on her

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yea my thoughts exactly. I explained to her the situation and she puts me on hold to ask a supervisor. When she came back she said i have an upgrade and i can buy the phone. I repeated that im holding the box in my hand and it has to go back because of the recall. She then says let me look it up and then i lost it and hung up on her
Sounds like you were connected to the wrong department, my phone call lasted less than 5 min and completed successfully, after 20min on hold.
Now if they could only ship me the phone.

yankees2287

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like you were connected to the wrong department, my phone call lasted less than 5 min and completed successfully, after 20min on hold.
Now if they could only ship me the phone.

Yea definitely the wrong department. When i asked her to connect me she refused and instead escalated the situation, which didnt help either. The best is when i said ill call back at another time, she called me back after i hung up

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yea definitely the wrong department. When i asked her to connect me she refused and instead escalated the situation, which didnt help either. The best is when i said ill call back at another time, she called me back after i hung up
Yeal if you get the wrong person they just read the script and are clueless as to what's up, my call went to Angle in Oklahoma City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret