Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakhath

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Around me there are 48 Sprint stores in the locator map. Only one is a corporate store, it's not a Radio Shack. Look for a star/stars on the map with a number and refer to the legend with the same number, those are the only corporate stores in your area.

Not true. I used to think the same. However, the starred store closest to me is a third party store and it is a full service store. It is a "preferred retailer". Nothing on the website says that it is a third party store. Even in person I could not find any evidence at the store until I had a receipt in hand. Only until I read the receipt did I see Sprint Store by MayCom Communications a "Preferred Retailer." Because of this I am in my own level of hell in getting this phone swapped out.

That is why I said check the store locator map and look at the store and see what services they offer. You need to make sure that Telesales/ Web returns is listed for that location. All the Sprint Radio Shacks near me are corporate stores. The only service they do not offer is repair due to space.

dakhath

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
My turn for getting screwed. I don't blame Sprint but I am mad at its third parties.

Not all full service Sprint stores are corporate stores. I learned this the hard way.
Even when the plaza they are in is named the Sprint Plaza. No other name on the door other than Sprint.

I should have seen the warning signs when I first got my note7. I went to my Sprint store thinking it was a corporate store as it is listed on Sprint as my closest full service store. I had pre ordered it and went to the store on the release day to pick it up after calling them if they were in. They said no. I went anyways. I walked in an asked if they had any Note7s for sale and they said yes. So I then asked them why I couldn't pickup my Note7 that I had pre ordered. He claimed that they were not in stock. So I then questioned the clerk in a loud voice so that the entire store could hear me. I asked why I couldn't pick up my pre ordered phone but yet they were willing to sell me one right now. So whose phone was he going to sell me that wasn't in stock when he didn't know I had preordered? After being caught in his lie he let me know that later in the day another order would arrive around 3pm with more phones. I eventually got my phone.

I thought I was done with that store.

Then comes the recall.
I find out that this store is a third party store only because I apparently can't go to any of the corporate stores that have note7 in stock. So after talking to customer service on the phone and at my actual corporate store it turns out that third party sales have to be done at the store purchased due to some convoluted inventory process between Sprint and the third party store. I dug out my receipt and lo and behold in very small print under the Sprint logo are the words "preferred retailer" Sprint Store by MayCom Communications.
So I started calling Monday the 19th when the new note7s are starting to appear at stores. Nope, they don't have any. Finally, yesterday on Thursday they got a delivery at 3pm of only 8 phones. I ask them to hold one for me and I am told its first come, first served. So I immediately head into the store only an hour later and myself and five other individuals get told that they are already gone. Fine, when's the next shipment? I get told Monday the 26th at the earliest.
So I have wait until another shipment comes in and gamble I can get there before they are gone again.

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Here's what someone from Sprint Tech Support told me regarding determining what's a corporate store versus what isn't. On Sprint's website, go to the Locate a store section. Upon entering your zip code to find the nearest stores near you, look for the following items to NOT be grayed out on the right of the store address:

Employee/
Advantage Club
Telesales &
Web Returns

If those items are grayed out, then that store is a third party store. Hope this helps someone as it helped me.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
My turn for getting screwed. I don't blame Sprint but I am mad at its third parties.

Not all full service Sprint stores are corporate stores. I learned this the hard way.
Even when the plaza they are in is named the Sprint Plaza. No other name on the door other than Sprint.

I should have seen the warning signs when I first got my note7. I went to my Sprint store thinking it was a corporate store as it is listed on Sprint as my closest full service store. I had pre ordered it and went to the store on the release day to pick it up after calling them if they were in. They said no. I went anyways. I walked in an asked if they had any Note7s for sale and they said yes. So I then asked them why I couldn't pickup my Note7 that I had pre ordered. He claimed that they were not in stock. So I then questioned the clerk in a loud voice so that the entire store could hear me. I asked why I couldn't pick up my pre ordered phone but yet they were willing to sell me one right now. So whose phone was he going to sell me that wasn't in stock when he didn't know I had preordered? After being caught in his lie he let me know that later in the day another order would arrive around 3pm with more phones. I eventually got my phone.

I thought I was done with that store.

Then comes the recall.
I find out that this store is a third party store only because I apparently can't go to any of the corporate stores that have note7 in stock. So after talking to customer service on the phone and at my actual corporate store it turns out that third party sales have to be done at the store purchased due to some convoluted inventory process between Sprint and the third party store. I dug out my receipt and lo and behold in very small print under the Sprint logo are the words "preferred retailer" Sprint Store by MayCom Communications.
So I started calling Monday the 19th when the new note7s are starting to appear at stores. Nope, they don't have any. Finally, yesterday on Thursday they got a delivery at 3pm of only 8 phones. I ask them to hold one for me and I am told its first come, first served. So I immediately head into the store only an hour later and myself and five other individuals get told that they are already gone. Fine, when's the next shipment? I get told Monday the 26th at the earliest.
So I have wait until another shipment comes in and gamble I can get there before they are gone again.

I know it used to have under "Sprint Store" on the maps legend- XYZ Wireless or whatever to indicate 3rd party store. After your post I have no clue. :confused: Calling Sprint to find out *wasup*.......probably will get more confused...........:D

Hope you get yours resolved Monday!

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
This whole thing is utterly retarded. There is nick reason in the world any of us should be going through this bs. Sprint is completely in the wrong here.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My local corporate store says he has phones but can't hold them, which I can understand. Trying to decide if I want to go in or just wait out the AET shipment.

Rustler5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
My local corporate store says he has phones but can't hold them, which I can understand. Trying to decide if I want to go in or just wait out the AET shipment.
I'm waiting it out with my AET order. I refuse to put up with the madness of waiting in line and the ridiculous attitudes of these Sprint managers/employees over this whole ordeal.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I didn't install the update cause i was not sure if that has the 60% battery crap or not in it.

From what I understand it doesn't, but the nagging about returning the phone is enough to keep me from installing it. I know it has been recalled. My carrier is just dragging their feet sending me a replacement.

Rustler5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
From what I understand it doesn't, but the nagging about returning the phone is enough to keep me from installing it. I know it has been recalled. My carrier is just dragging their feet sending me a replacement.
I installed the update and i haven't noticed much if any difference besides the warning. My phone has worked flawlessly from the day i got it August 19th. I really don't want to give it up but common sense and wisdom dictates that i must.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I installed the update and i haven't noticed much if any difference besides the warning. My phone has worked flawlessly from the day i got it August 19th. I really don't want to give it up but common sense and wisdom dictates that i must.

I would love to give mine up but sprint won't send out the replacement phones. So it is what it is.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Here's what someone from Sprint Tech Support told me regarding determining what's a corporate store versus what isn't. On Sprint's website, go to the Locate a store section. Upon entering your zip code to find the nearest stores near you, look for the following items to NOT be grayed out on the right of the store address:

Employee/
Advantage Club
Telesales &
Web Returns

If those items are grayed out, then that store is a third party store. Hope this helps someone as it helped me.

I just called Sprint(at first they said a "star" was corp. store,I said not true, they put me on hold.)and then they said if you click on "Sprint Store" next to the box/star you will get a pop-out with store info. If store# is 4 digits it's a corporate store, if store# is 3 or 6 digits it's a non-corporate store.

Your scenario worked on 18 of the 20 stores I'm familiar with in my area using the 4 digit store code. Color me still slightly confused!..........:D

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I feel their pain. I drove over an hour yesterday after going by a Sprint store that actually had them in stock but would not do the exchange since I didn't buy it there, I pre ordered online. So I drove the 50+ miles and walked in and asked for the Note 7 exchange and the girl behind the counter said, 'sure, what color'? I said' black onyx'. She was gone 2 minutes and came back with the beautiful black box with a little black box and started the process, I gave her my SD card, she popped it in and handed me the new N7, I handed my old one. And we were done. It was a thing of beauty after a month of mess. I am ever grateful it is over for me, but feeling the anger for those still going through the process. None of this was handled correctly from the start. Love my phone, disappointed in Sprint.

Last edited:

bigmo555

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I just switched mine this morning.

Last night at around 11:30pm I checked the inventory of my closest Sprint store (Downtown Silver Spring, MD) on their website and verified that they had my color in stock. I also made sure that it was a location that does websales/returns.

This morning I showed up 10 minutes before they opened and waited patiently for them to open. I told them that I was there for the recall and the guy was super cool. I waited about an hour for the Smart Switch to go through, which was the worst part of the whole morning.

I left with a new phone, a new box (with accessories!) and relieved that I'm now with the best of the best phones.

Maybe it's me, but I'm pretty sure that my attitude while at the store was 90% of the reason that I got good service. I saw a few people who were not brats but were visibly annoyed and bothered about having to be there and the enployees probably picked up on that and acted accordingly.

Anyway, that's my experience. YMMV

yankees2287

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I just switched mine this morning.

Last night at around 11:30pm I checked the inventory of my closest Sprint store (Downtown Silver Spring, MD) on their website and verified that they had my color in stock. I also made sure that it was a location that does websales/returns.

This morning I showed up 10 minutes before they opened and waited patiently for them to open. I told them that I was there for the recall and the guy was super cool. I waited about an hour for the Smart Switch to go through, which was the worst part of the whole morning.

I left with a new phone, a new box (with accessories!) and relieved that I'm now with the best of the best phones.

Maybe it's me, but I'm pretty sure that my attitude while at the store was 90% of the reason that I got good service. I saw a few people who were not brats but were visibly annoyed and bothered about having to be there and the enployees probably picked up on that and acted accordingly.

Anyway, that's my experience. YMMV

How do you check thier inventory? Ive never seen this option

bigmo555

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I went into the Sprint website as if I was going to buy one, and they have the option to check if the stores near you have it in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.